Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 years ago by Spybryon
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 12 years ago

Puf,hello again.I cannot beleave that the game that I love so much have make me crazy with different problems.Now with speech/sound problem.I was not playing about 4-5days(I have it about 2 monhts and never have sound problems until now).Today I decide to make some games.So the problem that I discover is strange for me,and never meet it on my pinball repairs.Here is the video with sound problem:

Now the explanation.As you can hear,after turn on the pinball,the game begin fine,music is ok,everythings works fine until three red light is turn on.After this the ramp must be made it to call the policeman and hear the specific sound like police chase,but after making the ramp must be hear the sound from Police light-the police red ligh is spinning,but with no sound.I show and something strange-when I press the left or righ contact near the slighsnots-you can hear some not fully police speech(this is wrong,must be hear the highway sound).After Lock ball 1,must be hear police speech,but it's not,just slience.After Lock Ball 2 must be hear dispatcher speech,but it's not,only when I press left or right can hear some crazy police speech.Ok after all balls are down after multiball,and ball 2 is up,now the things begin crazy.You can hear only this stuck speech of policeman-no game music.After game ends,begin atract mode with no problem,but when I begin new game(the pinball is still on) there have no more game music,like first credit,only this crazy policeman speech.When I turn off the machine and turn it on,first credit begin good,untill тhe speech or sound efect of the Big Red police light must begin.Тhe sound/speach somehow stuck untill the machine is not turn off,and this is only begin after three lights is on and must begin multiball

The things that I do are:
1.Pull up and cleane all ROMs
2.Replace the PIA with new that is near to sound section of MPU board
3.Pull up and clean the CPU of sound board
4.Take out and push in all connectors from MPU board-I'm not touching the PSU or Flipper boards
5.Still not clean the CPUs of MPU board(I don't кnow is it necessary)

Will be so pleased if you give me some direct of what I must to look or change

Thank you

#2 12 years ago

Replace with new EPROM SPEECH U21 and U22,also and new B/G EPROM U4-no effect.Do you think that game roms are the problem,they left only to change.I don't think is some element because the problem appears in specific place-when must be made the ramp when red light is one and the police man talk.Really need help.
I think also that if the PIA is bad the problem must show up just in the begining of the game or something else,or I'm wrong?

I swap the two CPUs on MPU board,but no effect too

#3 12 years ago

Ok,I tried something interesting.I have PINBOT pinball that have the same MPU board.I just swap the roms from High Speed to Pinbot MPU board.Connect the Pinbot MPU with High speed roms to the High Speed pinball with its Sound board.The problem is gone.So I think now to concentrate on the MPU board of High Speed,not on the sound board because with the Pinbot MPU it works.
So a little bit direction of what I must to look of MPU board,obviously it's not the problem with the roms(but I will replace all the sockets of course).As you can see I make everything that I can do to fix the problem,please advice me

#4 12 years ago

Best thing to do is replace the board with a new one or send off the
board for repairs

#5 12 years ago

This is not possible to send it to someone to repair it-it will be too expensive for me,and I'm not noob in electronics and pinball and I think that I can repair it by myself,just ask for little help

#6 12 years ago
Quoted from arakissun:

This is not possible to send it to someone to repair it-it will be too expensive for me,and I'm not noob in electronics and pinball and I think that I can repair it by myself,just ask for little help

I did find some info on your problem but she's all yours sir

#7 12 years ago

Repalce all sockets on MPU board-2 for CPUs and 4 for the Roms,no luck still the same result.I still did not replace the socket from the previuos owner,he was replace the two PIAs before.
I test the two CPUs and they work.Place new PIAs-no change.Do you think that can be some of the LS139 chips that corespondending with the PIAs.Do you think that can be faulty sram(I don't think is the ram because it must show some problem in the begining if it is,not in special moment in the game)
Still need help

#8 12 years ago

Today I discover soemthing else.In the end of the last ball-the thirth(dafault 3 ball one game),when it drop in the hole not from the center but from the left or righ side,it must be hear sepcific sound like crash of the car.But when go trought,the sound just begin and suddenly off.In the begining of the next credit(new game) same sound cyclic.I begin to think that the problem is not in the speech element or speech decoder 55534 that secure the speech in the game.And the problem not show when must be begin the multiball,it can be see more earlier-in the end of tha last ball and crusshing sound that must be hear

#9 12 years ago

Fixed
Even noone helped me here I'm glad to share how I do it.
I replace these three chips U7,U8(74LS139) and U6(74LS74),that corespondending with the PIA9,PIA10,U24(CPU 6802) and U23(Static RAM).I don't know which chip is,I just decide to change them at once,because they are in series,and the first after PIAs.
Also I discovered and one bad transistor Q14(TIP122),that is for the ramp gates.I replace it with new and replace the pre-driver Q10(4401) too(I don't think that this repair is for the general problem that I have,but it was necessary)
I hate problems with PCBs.It keeps me going from the time that I have local arcade club with arcade cabinets and their full of chips PCBs.

I hope this fix will be in help for someone in time and little bit more help to me in the future in other problems if I have

9 months later
#10 12 years ago
Quoted from pinmike:

arakissun said:This is not possible to send it to someone to repair it-it will be too expensive for me,and I'm not noob in electronics and pinball and I think that I can repair it by myself,just ask for little help
I did find some info on your problem but she's all yours sir

Dont blame ya mike on that, here your offering help and he acted as if he was a "know it all" and well check out his other posts he had other difficulty in which you probably had the solution but was quick to shut you out as he dont need any help, he is no "noob." It the wrong attitude "arakissun" if you want help around here, Oh wait you dont need any help, my bad!

#11 12 years ago
Quoted from Jeff_PHX_AZ:

Dont blame ya mike on that, here your offering help and he acted as if he was a "know it all" and well check out his other posts he had other difficulty in which you probably had the solution but was quick to shut you out as he dont need any help, he is no "noob." It the wrong attitude "arakissun" if you want help around here, Oh wait you dont need any help, my bad!

I disagree. Some people like to learn something in the process of fixing their own machine. I appreciate he posted the solution. The solution offered was to replace the boards or send for repair. How do you think the guy who he would send the boards to repair learned in the first place? By working on various problems such as this and fixing them.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 2.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

4,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dunakeszi
$ 35.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Red Oak, TX
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RobTune

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
RobTune

Machine - For Sale
Orange, CA
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 53.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/high-speed-2-soundspeech-problem and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.