Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 14 posts
  • 11 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by KingHebes
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 3 years ago

Hello, I have a high speed pin that I absolutely love in my collection. What I'm wondering is high speed 2 a lot different? Never played it. I really really really like high speed. thanks, for any input.

#2 3 years ago

A lot different? No. It's basically the same game layout with some added features and mechanics. They're probably more similar than they are different.

#3 3 years ago

Not a lot different but different enough. I have both and they are both very fun to play. The ZZ top soundtrack on the Getaway drove me nuts because it's so repetitive, but I put in a pin sound system and and changed the soundtrack. Have to say it makes it the Getaway much more enjoyable.

#4 3 years ago
    Quoted from schudel5:

A lot different? No. It's basically the same game layout with some added features and mechanics. They're probably more similar than they are different.

#5 3 years ago

Good to hear. Thanks, for all comments

#6 3 years ago
    Quoted from Dewman:

Not a lot different but different enough. I have both and they are both very fun to play. The ZZ top soundtrack on the Getaway drove me nuts because it's so repetitive, but I put in a pin sound system and and changed the soundtrack. Have to say it makes it the Getaway much more enjoyable.

Get a Pinsound and change it up and the game is AWSOME with all new music. I thought the game would pass through my collection quickly and so far it is staying. ColorDmD, pinsound, mountain mod and light mods it is just my favorite game - but I think Pinsound is why. It costs $400 but totally worth it.

I owned High Speed (multiple actually) and it is a great game but getaway (High Speed II) is outstanding.

Look up Mr Tantrums guide to Pinsound and see it in action on Getaway and you will see how it transforms the game.

I love the mix with the Matrix music from the 2nd movie when they are on the highway - the mix uses that in video mode. So cool with the light going off and that music ... my favorite video mode.

#7 3 years ago

I LOVE high speed, and HATE hs2.

#8 3 years ago
    Quoted from TronGuy:

My friend feels the exact same way.....well, say he strongly prefers the original high speed.

I recently bought a high speed for the third time in my life. I have owned a getaway since 1999. I’m never selling either.

Both games are very similar in looks and rules side by side. In detail they play/feel differently. There is a certain love I have for High Speed I just don’t have for getaway. But I love both games.

To the OP....if you get a chance to play Getaway I think you will really appreciate it....but you may not favor it over the original.

4 weeks later
    #9 3 years ago
    Quoted from wamonkey:

Get a Pinsound and change it up and the game is AWSOME with all new music. I thought the game would pass through my collection quickly and so far it is staying. ColorDmD, pinsound, mountain mod and light mods it is just my favorite game - but I think Pinsound is why. It costs $400 but totally worth it.
    I owned High Speed (multiple actually) and it is a great game but getaway (High Speed II) is outstanding.
    Look up Mr Tantrums guide to Pinsound and see it in action on Getaway and you will see how it transforms the game.
    I love the mix with the Matrix music from the 2nd movie when they are on the highway - the mix uses that in video mode. So cool with the light going off and that music ... my favorite video mode.

Yep I've got a pin sound in my machine (said that in my original post lol) it's a must have for Getaway

#10 3 years ago

I feel the same way. I have owned a HS for many many years. HS2 was short lived in my collection. Just like most movies, the sequel isnt usually better.

Quoted from TronGuy:

#11 3 years ago

I like HS, I love HS2.

#12 3 years ago

Have both. Both games are fun but Getaway is better in my opinion.

#13 3 years ago

I find HS2 much much more enjoyable. Besides the additional depth, sound, and features of a modern pin...
    - more ways to play HS2
    - the Shift Gears feature is ingenious and adds to the feeling of driving a car
    - the multiballs are much more fun than HS... they have unlimited jackpots, whereas original HS you only have the single jackpot.
    - the repeatable upper loop is much more satisfying than HS side ramp shot, which mostly gets diverted to one of the habittrail/kickers (resulting in more stop and go play)
    - the super-charger is one of the better modern interactive toys in pinball

3 months later
    #14 2 years ago

You'll love the getaway if you like HS. I enjoy them both but think the getaway is a better experience.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/high-speed-2-1?hl=dewman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.