4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Pin-Pilot
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2294 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2296 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2297 (resized).JPG
    Pinball (resized).png
    Capture (resized).PNG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pin-pilot.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7 4 years ago

I have a Williams AZTEC and it is also not awarding games for High Scores. AZTEC is a 4 player so a little more involved to a point. I could not find a schematic for Hi-Lo ACE online so I do not have that reference. High Scores on AZTEC are awarded through the 100,000 and 10,000 Score Reel circuit board spider arm contacts. The Schematic picture above shows that High Score is award on the 10,000 score reel.

Today I dug into it since I saw your post and thought I would get my AZTEC High Score problem fixed. As Wizard mentioned above, check your m&b (Make or Break) contacts on the game over relay. Hopefully you have the schematic to the game.

I think I have traced my problem to the player 1, either 100,000 score reel contacts or the 10,000 score reel contacts. I believe this because Player 2,3 & 4 are awarding High Score when I put the game on 110,000 score on player 2,3 or 4, shorted out the 10,000 point relay contact to simulate a 10,000 point match in the high score circuit then took the lead that awards game credit at 110,000 and touched the jones connector to the correct plug in the head unit. This completed the circuit and awarded a high score game.

This is where I stopped so I could post this. Next I need to remove the player 1 score reel and clean all the contacts and board that are associated with the High Score circuit. I believe this will solve my problem.

I will let you know if this fixes it.

#10 4 years ago

Ok, I cleaned up Player 1 100,000 score reel. That did the trick. You can see from the pictures that the copper traces were very dirty and so was the spider contact arm.

Hope this helps you out.

As far as the slow play, it sounds like it might be a transformer problem not supplying enough power. Could also be Fuse contact problems as well. Replace your fuses. There is a hi power tap on the transformer you can switch to as well.

IMG_2294 (resized).JPGIMG_2294 (resized).JPGIMG_2296 (resized).JPGIMG_2296 (resized).JPGIMG_2297 (resized).JPGIMG_2297 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pin-pilot.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/high-score-replays?tu=pin-pilot and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.