Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 17 posts
  • 16 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 years ago by v8torino
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 12 years ago

Did anyone see the promo video for TNT Amusements new reality show High Score? If a network purchases the show it could be good and bad for the hobby. Good in that more items could come to market once people are aware that there is a market. Bad in that everyone thinks their stuff is worth some crazy price. The link to the Vimeo video is below:

http://vimeo.com/32819765

#2 12 years ago
    Quoted from exflexer:

Bad in that everyone thinks their stuff is worth some crazy price.

This part hasn't already happened?

Great link, thanks!

#3 12 years ago

I'd watch. I like how Todd is sitting in front of a Congo machine. Kept seeing the name pop up on the DMD

#4 12 years ago

The show being aired + the general public = a re-living of fond memories that may lead to the purchase of what seems like an old friend .......I like it!!!!!!

#5 12 years ago

I still can't believe these are the same guys who threw a LAH and SF2 off a building. I'd rather see a company that doesn't throw their pins off a roof to get a show.

#6 12 years ago

I was expecting to hate the trailer, but the TNT guy is kind of amusingly weird.

However, note to evil reality show producer out there: Please do not make a show called Pimp My Pinball or something.

"The games that are fixable we take you through in detail, but not so much it leaves you lost. The games that are beyond repair they usually light on fire or throw off the roof."

Light on fire? Throw off the roof? That's probably not the best thing to say at this time.

#7 12 years ago
    Quoted from firebird:

I was expecting to hate the trailer, but the TNT guy is kind of amusingly weird.

I thought so too. The first time I saw his "acting" ability was on his website promoting his business and party place. The whole hour glass thing was a little much.

#8 12 years ago

I get pretty aggravated when people destroy things of intrinsic value. Those pins weren't even cannibalized for parts. Jerk offs.

#9 12 years ago

I don't know......isn't the whole reality TV thing kinda over with?As far as whether or not it's good or bad for the hobby,I think its a non-factor.I don't think any pawn shops got rich or poor off of Pawn Stars and I don't think any Storage places changed their rates after Storage Wars aired.With that said..good for a quick laugh...maybe as a youtube channel show.Scott

#11 12 years ago

Throwing pins off the roof?! Why did they do that?

#12 12 years ago

I was shocked and outraged how someone could reedit my show with this filthy stuff with my children! I can go along with a joke, but this is downright PERVERTED...and the creature that did this has some serious problems. And contrary to what he says about this being "Fair Use" of my infomercial...its NOT.
    How many of you would approve of this jerk editing your video and making YOUR children do whats shown in this and then having the balls to put it up on YouTube? Todd Tuckey

#13 12 years ago

Id watch it too hope it gets put on a network.

#14 12 years ago
    Quoted from toddtuckey:

I was shocked and outraged how someone could reedit my show with this filthy stuff with my children! I can go .....

I agree that the video is complete garbage. I also think its funny that Todd Tuckey, if this is really him, joins a forum only after someone posts a crappy video. You would think that if he wanted respect that he would add something to this forum and further enhance his image. I don't know the guy personally so Im not going to throw stones but his reception in the pinball world is mixed and usually falls on the negative. Since I travel out to Philly a lot I intend to stop by, see the store, and perhaps meet the 'King of PA Pin."

#15 12 years ago

from the video "unfortunately at the auctions it's not just dealers, it's also the customers there bidding, which of course drives the price up"

Umm, actually it's dealers like you selling them at outrageous prices that drives the market up in general.

God I hate this guy so much!

#16 12 years ago
    Quoted from toyotaboy:

Umm, actually it's dealers like you selling them at outrageous prices that drives the market up in general.

+1.
    Looks like he's related to ron jeremy.

#17 12 years ago

Am excited to watch,Congrats to TNT for taking the bull by the horns and getting this going on their own dime.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/high-score-reality-show and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.