Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

AaB score award (resized).jpeg
IMG_0506 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0508 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0509 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0510 (resized).jpeg
D3DD9941-44FA-418F-BD2C-F01E3C919111_1_105_c (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider CardTrix70.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 2 years ago

First, I want to list everything I know about this issue. The AAB is set on 30,000, 80,000 and 120,000. The Wow feature works perfectly from the rules standpoint on the playfield but not on scoring points. I know the entire process happens in the backbox. All the score reels have been completely disassembled, cleaned and points adjusted. The ten thousand unit has had a different circuit board installed from PR because the old one was bad. The light is working correctly when the score goes to 100,000 so the open close switch is working fine on the J relay. I have tested the continuity from the ten thousands circuit board to the high score female jones plug and all looks good. I have also checked the continuity to the ball count unit and all appears fine. The Blue/Orange wire tests fine to the ground on the circuit board. The ball count unit has a new coil and works great on start up. Just not sure what I am missing here! Already have 20 or so hours in pulling out my hair, which I have very little to start with. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated including where I could jumper from and to in hopes of isolating this issue. Oh, had a local pinball guy spend 6 hours trying to fix this also, no charge.

D3DD9941-44FA-418F-BD2C-F01E3C919111_1_105_c (resized).jpegD3DD9941-44FA-418F-BD2C-F01E3C919111_1_105_c (resized).jpegIMG_0506 (resized).jpegIMG_0506 (resized).jpegIMG_0508 (resized).jpegIMG_0508 (resized).jpegIMG_0509 (resized).jpegIMG_0509 (resized).jpegIMG_0510 (resized).jpegIMG_0510 (resized).jpeg
#3 2 years ago

Yes, it is in the correct position and checked that it is making contact correctly

#5 2 years ago

Will try that to verify, thanks.

#8 2 years ago

Lightbox unit. Thanks

#9 2 years ago

Thanks will do that

#11 2 years ago

Thank you so much, this looks great. It will be tomorrow morning before I can get back it but will let you know the results

#14 2 years ago
Quoted from DaMoib:

I marked up your schematic with jumpering suggestions to check a bunch of the components in the circuit with the exception of the score reel.
[quoted image]

Ok that was a great help, here are the results. The A to D, B to D and C to D jumpers all resulted in what you quoted. I restarted the machine and now the 80,000 and 120,000 AAB work but the 30,000 does not. I did reconnect the wires and soldered the connectors for the point scores just to be sure. I did notice the J rely coil was getting warm when nothing else was and there was a small vibration. Could the points where the green-black wire connect be broken inside the stack? I do have some new points from PR I could install. Not sure where to go from here. Any suggestions would be great. Thanks again for you help.

#15 2 years ago
Quoted from Cash_Riprock:

Just a couple things I see, or at least think I do. Looks like your set at 110,00 not 120,000 for extra ball. What is the tape for on the back of decagon unit? And lastly, where the wire is soldered to C and and #1 ( more so #1) on decagon board looks like it could use a better connection with wire. Just another thought.

Thanks, the tape is just to hold the Thousands paper tag on. I did resolder the #1 to be sure. The set is now correct.

#18 2 years ago
Quoted from baldtwit:

try resoldering #2.
also jumper A to #2. You should get AAB every time the 10K reel goes from 2 -> 3
jumping A to any number on the decagon board should add a ball when the reel increments from number to number+1.
those thru-hole connectors on the decagon board need a lot of heat to get a good solder joint.

EM techs, thank you so much for walking me through this issue. With all of the suggestions it now works, except on 30,000 so I moved the pin to 40,000, all is good. I did resolder the numbers on the card so there must be an issue with the 30,000 connection but I won't worry about that. Problem solved. Have a great week.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider CardTrix70.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/high-score-adjustment-not-adding-balls-on-aab-pinup-game?tu=CardTrix70 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.