(Topic ID: 115392)

High rez pics of WWE LE (and Pro gameplay video)

By Aurich

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 81 posts
  • 36 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by TomGWI
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

shut-the-fuck-up-o.gif
2015-01-14 02.11.59 (Medium).jpg
nuts.jpg
IMG_0165.JPG
wwe_pin.jpg
imgres.jpg
There are 81 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 9 years ago

One of our writers (I work for Ars Technica) was at CES and was able to film a little gameplay video on the Pro machine there. Nothing super exciting, but you can hear some of the sounds and see a little of the non-upper playfield ball action.

Better than that though is the story she posted has actual high rez pics of the LE cabinet and playfield, not the little ones that have been floating around today. Just click on them in the gallery view to expand out to full size, and drink in all that goldy gold goodness.

It looks to me like the legs are plated brass and the lockdown and rails and speaker panel are powdercoated.

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2015/01/catching-up-with-stern-pinball-on-its-new-spike-system-and-wrestlemania-limited-edition/

#2 9 years ago

Thanks! Any word on the rule card or more LE pics?

#3 9 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

Thanks! Any word on the rule card or more LE pics?

They just did the photoshoot yesterday, so I think these two pics are it. The rule card is clearly readable in the high rez playfield shot in that link though.

#4 9 years ago

Such a refreshing change from the boring, cookie-cutter layouts they've been releasing lately. The "art" is ass, and could have been so much better, but I'm a lot more interested now than when the theme was first announced. Here's to hoping this inspires the next designer to step outside the box.

#5 9 years ago

They guy playing in that video sucked pretty hard. I hope it wasn't you OP.

#6 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

They just did the photoshoot yesterday, so I think these two pics are it. The rule card is clearly readable in the high rez playfield shot in that link though.

doh! I didnt scroll down that far. Nice catch.

I'm dying to see what the other side of the cab looks like.

#7 9 years ago

The gameplay looks kinda boring from the video.

Those sounds are good awful. Hope those are filler and will be fixed in 2 years when those matures.

#8 9 years ago
Quoted from el_brio:

They guy playing in that video sucked pretty hard. I hope it wasn't you OP.

Wasn't a guy, and no, wasn't me, I didn't go to CES. She's not a pinball player, just had a Stern booth employee shoot her playing since I asked if she could get some video for people to see. I'll be sure to tell her that she sucks according to some anonymous internet person, will make her feel good about helping me out.

#9 9 years ago

Pretty substantial gameplay differences between pro and LE, not to mention the art package that seems to be so much more appealing with all the oldschool Legends, instead of todays nonames.

Assuming a potential premium model would have the LE playfield features but an art package similar to the Pro, this one pin I would definitely go with LE.

#10 9 years ago

The LE looks cool but lacks the real classic feel of WWFRR.

#11 9 years ago

That upper playfield looks so boring and a real slow down in terms of speed. The only thing worse, mini playfield wise the Ironhide one in TFLE.

Thanks for posting this regardless.

#12 9 years ago

That's just awful. Playfield looks hideous and its like they didn't even use good images of the wrestlers. I know to each his own, hopefully the wrestling fans will love it, but I'd never give more than $1000 for that pin lol

#13 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Wasn't a guy, and no, wasn't me, I didn't go to CES. She's not a pinball player, just had a Stern booth employee shoot her playing since I asked if she could get some video for people to see. I'll be sure to tell her that she sucks according to some anonymous internet person, will make her feel good about helping me out.

Be sure to let her know whoever shot that video sucks as well.

#14 9 years ago
Quoted from BoozeMarlin:

This is why we don't get any videos. Christ folks are calling friends and asking them to snap something, They are not pinheads or video producers. They are trying to help.

#15 9 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

I'd never give more than $1000 for that pin lol

Your home should be safely WWE free for years to come then!

#16 9 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

This is why we don't get any videos. Christ folks are calling friends and asking them to snap something, They are not pinheads or video producers. They are trying to help.

Of all the ppl on Pinside to call me out for busting chops over a vids quality it's this troll. Classic!

#17 9 years ago

Wait...Let me go ahead and pull a Hwawonyu! Sorry guys, i was just having a really bad day

#18 9 years ago

Thanks for the link, Aurich! It's always nice to see a game that breaks away from the typical cookie cutter fan layout. Can't wait to play it.

#19 9 years ago

You gotta love all the zero year people throwing their weight around.... telling people they suck.
I on the other hand appreciate the link. Thank you.

#20 9 years ago

"1 play x $1.00"

How times have changed, jesus.

#21 9 years ago
Quoted from BoozeMarlin:

thumb up'd you cause I sensed sarcasm. at least I hope so.

Thanks so much Aurich for sharing. what detail [in the photos].

#22 9 years ago

I'll admit, the game isn't for me. And too early to say how fun it is. But I applaud a non-cookie cutter layout. I would have played it for sure if I was at CES, and I'll check it out on location if I get a chance.

I think making the LE be old school wrestling was smart, well played. The gold is kinda hideous to me, but it matches the feel. This isn't really the pin to be mad at Photoshop art.

#23 9 years ago

Thanks for posting the photos and video, Aurich.

#24 9 years ago

Glad you could apologize for acting like an ass. And of course $50 says your another non new pinbuyer of any brand. I can say it since I apologized for it despite being proven right again and again.

#25 9 years ago
Quoted from Otaku:

"1 play x $1.00"

How times have changed, jesus.

Inflation calc says .50 in 1992 should be .84 in 2014 money.
I don't think $1/play on a well maintained game is out of line at all.

#26 9 years ago

I was hoping to see virgil be next to the millionaire man along with his million dollar belt

#27 9 years ago
Quoted from dgoett:

thumb up'd you cause I sensed sarcasm. at least I hope so.
Thanks so much Aurich for sharing. what detail [in the photos].

imgres.jpgimgres.jpg
#28 9 years ago

This LE offers a ton over the pro.. well done stern! I'm not a big wrestling guy, but like that stone cold and Rock are on the backglass.

#29 9 years ago

I want more info on SPIKE! I really want to get my hands on one and a few daughter boards.

#30 9 years ago

Who is the guy all the way on the right of the backglass? The Undertaker?

#31 9 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Who is the guy all the way on the right of the backglass? The Undertaker?

Yup, that's him

#32 9 years ago
Quoted from dgoett:

Inflation calc says .50 in 1992 should be .84 in 2014 money

Yeah but it's 2015

I will be in Columbia tomorrow. If you sense a disturbance in the force now you know why lol.

#33 9 years ago

other side

wwe_pin.jpgwwe_pin.jpg
#35 9 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Glad you could apologize for acting like an ass. And of course $50 says your another non new pinbuyer of any brand. I can say it since I apologized for it despite being proven right again and again.

I'll take that bet.
How bout we both put our money where our mouths are.

#36 9 years ago

K,I will gladly donate it to pinside . Show us the pins he is is on. Any new maker.

#37 9 years ago

Awesome. Its a bet.
Why donate it all to pside? I'm good with pside getting 10% and winner gets the rest.

#38 9 years ago

Ok

#39 9 years ago

So what new games have you bought or are you buying?

#41 9 years ago

One ammendment show me what new games you are in on. Seriously tired of talking shit with folks that are not in the same world . I dont care if it's the same game but at least be a buyer of new games.
Bunch of guys that own old assed games and won't ever buy new in these coversations adds shite !
Not part of what we deal with and no idea of the perspective. Just gettibg involved where they don't play.

#42 9 years ago

A bet is a bet so no adjusting the bet.

You were calling out BoozeMarlin in your post. I'll get you confirmation that he is a new pin buyer and the order was placed BEFORE your comment was posted.

#43 9 years ago

That still works and worth you proving my point !
Glad to pay 50 to have another freakig old ass pin non new Pin buyer talking shite about what we new pin buyers are dealing with .
It's two different worlds and annoying two share it with.
It's great sharing the good and bad with folks in the same journey but just a fn joke to read these posts by poseurs .
I don't hang out in threads that have nothing to do with interests so why do you???

#44 9 years ago

I like the extras on the LE version. Only fear is that the ring might get a little old (thinking Iron Hide mini pf). Just seems like the ball could hang around in the ring for a long time.

I do like the collection of old school they chose for the LE, brings back memories. Agree with Aurich about the gold.

#45 9 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

That still works and worth you proving my point !
Glad to pay 50 to have another freakig old ass pin non new Pin buyer talking shite about what we new pin buyers are dealing with .
It's two different worlds and annoying two share it with.
It's great sharing the good and bad with folks in the same journey but just a fn joke to read these posts by poseurs .
I don't hang out in threads that have nothing to do with interests so why do you???

Here is the info. Is paypal ok with you sending me $45 and $5 to pinside?

IMG_0165.JPGIMG_0165.JPG
#46 9 years ago
Quoted from PorkChopExpress:

Here is the info. Is paypal ok with you sending me $45 and $5 to pinside?
IMG_0165.JPG 196 KB

Nice try, but check the fine print at the bottom of your pic there -- that's clearly a used Hobbit LE!

#47 9 years ago

Lol!!!

#48 9 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Nice try, but check the fine print at the bottom of your pic there -- that's clearly a used Hobbit LE!

That's comedy gold. Haha

#50 9 years ago

If thats
Your order the. Send me your PayPal email. Felt better contributing to Pinside but equally ok sending you the 45 and 5 to PayPal .Is that his order or yours?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Hardware
Filament Printing

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 99.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Ogden, UT
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 18.95
$ 26.50
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

4,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 65.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 28.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

There are 81 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/high-rez-pics-of-wwe-le-and-pro-gameplay-video/page/1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.