HPL2014-03-10-17h35m35s109.jpg
generalizing.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
285956.png
the-walking-dead-michonne-pets.jpg
michonne.png
le-detail1-980x551.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gprotein.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#96 9 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

HOLY CHRIST!!!! 8k for an LE with a plastic apron.

Yep, so does a $10K BIBLE. Point? You buy games based on the apron material?

#112 9 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

Look what most people are saying here is when prices go up consistently, and far greater than the cost of living, plus the materials and designs get cheaper, it does affect "some" peoples decision to buy. It's not rocket science. If i went to buy a Ferrari with all the unreliable (yes i know) but amazing power plant and Italian sexy lines got in and saw a plastic dash board would I be disappointed...yes! Would i still buy...perhaps, but if your charging this much and continually hiking your prices why cheap out?? Profit margin comes to mind. I have nothing against healthy profit margins in business however at some point you just got to stand up with or without your pocket book and say hey enough is enough. Especially if they are listening. oh and especially because your are addicted and have to have "cough" "cough"

Cargument again? Ok, I'm game. If you are disappointed with a plastic dash board in a Ferrari, then you are shopping for the wrong car. You should be looking at the Bentley Continental GT with both power and luxury. A F40 is over a million US$ easily and that if you can find one for sale. When you sit in it, you would think it's stripped down Hyundai back in the 90's (plastics everywhere, NO A/C, or radio, or carpet, or power windows or mirrors) except the prancing horse badge. However, once you hit the gas pedal, then you know there is no mistake it's a Ferrari.

Point is you are buying a pinball machine to play, I would rather Stern spend their money on what really counts: great layout, interactive toys, artwork, and have the top programmer at the helm. Did you see they brought back the Star rollovers? I'm more excited about those than a apron.

Oh by the way, MSRP on TWDLE is $200 less than STLE, so there is no price hike this time.

#178 9 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

If they make the added bling and other additional upgrades compelling enough, there are plenty of people who would happily pay $3,000 more for the LE. Exclusivity alone is enough to justify the added cost to a lot of collectors.

600 people?! Seriously? I know I won't pay $3k for those "blings". Put up a poll and find out.

#181 9 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Yes. They could sell 600 LEs no problem with these upgraded features:
Mirrored real backglass
Color changing inserts and GI
Unique LE art package
Unique LE trim
Upgraded speakers
Limited Edition plaque, certificate and signatures
Look how much more the black version of Spider Man sells for these days, and it's differences aren't nearly as numerous.

How convenient that you picked an proven winner for your example. On the flip side, there isn't much of price difference between AVLE, or mustang LE vs prem (if they sold any). As excited I'm about this title, I won't put it on the same level as SM just yet. I still have to play it and let the honeymoon phase pass first, although all the right pieces for a great game are certainly in place.

I know a few collectors won't even consider buying the LE if there is a premium offered, and they will wait and play first.

#209 9 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I chose BSM because it an an extreme example of a game that rose in value primarily because of its exclusivity.

This is true. In fact, I'm one of them. Nevertheless, history has shown us that there are plenty of collectors that will happily shell out the extra bucks for an LE if the game is based on a popular theme. Stern had no problem selling 500 Avenger LEs, and I'd argue that TWD is a much more eagerly anticipated license.

Stern will not sell out 600 TWDLE going with your proposed model pricing: $8K for a LE, and $5K for pro with all the PF features of the LE.

BSM is less than $1K over a stardard SM when it was released. It rose in value due to its proven gameplay, not just exclusivity. By your logic, then all Stern LEs should be more than MSRP by now including TFLE, XmenLE, AVLE, Avatar LE, TRS LE, Elvis Gold...etc.

FYI, for AVLE: Hulk was sold out, but the blue never did, at least from distributors.

#223 9 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I have to admit, I'm absolutely giddy at the thought of getting my TWD LE. I haven't been this excited for a new pin in a very long time.

+2. Very excited to say the very least.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Pimp

$ 89.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
West Palm Beach, FL
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

6,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, OH
$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 39.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 16.00
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 6.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 9.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
New Castle, CO
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Newton, NJ
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gprotein.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/high-rez-photos-of-the-walking-dead-pro-and-le?tu=gprotein and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.