Topic Stats

• 431 posts
  • 125 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Pimp77
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 18 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_1880.JPG
canadian.jpg
IMG_1885(2).jpg
289949-i.jpg
IMG_1880.JPG
the walking x-men.jpg
TWD LE-detail3.jpg
twd.jpg
HPL2014-03-10-17h35m35s109.jpg
generalizing.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
285956.png
the-walking-dead-michonne-pets.jpg
michonne.png
le-detail1-980x551.jpg

There are 431 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 9.
#401 5 years ago

Man. That seems like a real lost opportunity.

#402 5 years ago

So we get callouts by the Big Buck Hunter guy?

3:24 in the video: "Prison Multiball!"

That's really the only sound effect or callout I heard. The rest was Iron Man and Star Trek.

The match sequence is nice.

#403 5 years ago

Has Rarehero commented on the well multiball being to easy to start by hitting it over and over like he does about XMEN?

#404 5 years ago
Quoted from judremy:

Has Rarehero commented on the well multiball being to easy to start by hitting it over and over like he does about XMEN?

Probably even easier since you have no magnet to mess with you (on the Pro anyway).

#405 5 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

So we get callouts by the Big Buck Hunter guy?
3:24 in the video: "Prison Multiball!"

If so, that would be a dealbreaker. Sounds like they forgot to capture the mood of the show with the announcer. If you're going to use a southern voice, it had better be Merle or Darryl, and it had better not be cheerful.

#406 5 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

If so, that would be a dealbreaker. Sounds like they forgot to capture the mood of the show with the announcer. If you're going to use a southern voice, it had better be Merle or Darryl, and it had better not be cheerful.

guys id say calm down.. this software is like in an very early state.. lyman must be working hard to make this game outstanding for everybody! it just doesnt come down to an day.. it takes time!

i dont know lyman games which really sucks do you? have faith.. this game will be an masterpiece

#407 5 years ago

This is beta code, yes?

#408 5 years ago
Quoted from jiffy:

This is beta code, yes?

Yes it is 1.0. Look on Stern's website. Every game gets revised and stuff added.
May take a while to get finished though.

#409 5 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

I think at least 8 months

#410 5 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Yes it is 1.0. Look on Stern's website. Every game gets revised and stuff added.

Know where I can download it from?

#412 5 years ago
Quoted from nd4spd:

Know where I can download it from?

I was generalizing. It's not finished code was what I meant.

#413 5 years ago
Quoted from judremy:

I haven't played the game yet so I don't know what the context of the Multiball is, if it's easy, if it's hard, if it's fun, or if it's lame.

Personally, I'm sick of torso character bash toys, but from what I can tell, it has the following advantages over Wolverine:
-It's a bad guy...it's more fun to bash bad guys than good guys.
-It's further away from the player.
-It's designed in a way that it won't break from hits or block anything if it's mounted a millimeter off.
-It has some kind of "animation" (breaking in half, showing guts), vs. Wolverine doing nothing.
-Lyman's coding its rules.

Aside from that - I'll have to play it to truly judge it.

#414 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I haven't played the game yet so I don't know what the context of the Multiball is, if it's easy, if it's hard, if it's fun, or if it's lame.
Personally, I'm sick of torso character bash toys, but from what I can tell, it has the following advantages over Wolverine:
-It's a bad guy...it's more fun to bash bad guys than good guys.
-It's further away from the player.
-It's designed in a way that it won't break from hits or block anything if it's mounted a millimeter off.
-It has some kind of "animation" (breaking in half, showing guts), vs. Wolverine doing nothing.
-Lyman's coding its rules.
Aside from that - I'll have to play it to truly judge it.

I don't think it is really further away than Wolverine. If it is, it isn't much. I am glad they learned from wolverine, but your complaint never had to do with it breaking. TMezel has a piece you can add that basically accomplishes what the metal ring on the well walker does. From the videos I have seen, it is hit it, hit it, hit it... Sound familiar?

#415 5 years ago
Quoted from judremy:

I don't think it is really further away than Wolverine. If it is, it isn't much. I am glad they learned from wolverine, but your complaint never had to do with it breaking. TMezel has a piece you can add that basically accomplishes what the metal ring on the well walker does. From the videos I have seen, it is hit it, hit it, hit it... Sound familiar?

The point though is how often the well walker mode starts and then how fun the multiball is. Weapon X multiball started WAY too often and it was a snoozer of a multiball. We'll see in time...

#416 5 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

The point though is how often the well walker mode starts and then how fun the multiball is. Weapon X multiball started WAY too often and it was a snoozer of a multiball. We'll see in time...

How so? Explain to me how the mode worked and how many hits to start the mode each time on XMEN? Also, the Pro had the magnet in front of it vs this stripped down machine.

#417 5 years ago

its good to see that the dots will be gory...baseball bat bashing in skull...walkers feeding on a guy who is still alive.

#418 5 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

its good to see that the dots will be gory...baseball bat bashing in skull...walkers feeding on a guy who is still alive.

While his hands are thrashing! Pinned down and being eaten alive! Love it stern!

#419 5 years ago

I had zero intention of buying this game right away, and frankly nothing was going to change that. I've spent a ton of money on Stern pins recently, no game is going to get me to open my wallet that wide right now, I need a break. So I'm a fan of Stern games, I'm a fan of Borg + Lyman, but I'm pretty impartial on this one. I don't watch the show, and I have no money on the line.

I'm watching the cycle on Pinside do that same old dance. People beg for the theme. The rumors fly. It's released. People are excited. And Stern didn't hold back on this one, no crap photoshopping, lots of gore, you can't fault them for hitting the right notes.

Then there's the chorus of "where's the video?"

Then the first crappy (no offense to anyone who took them, I know you did the best you could under the circumstances) videos surface and people start getting cold feet. The doubts come out.

The code is early, it's raw, there's something that isn't right. The Well Zombie isn't the right zombie. The pops are too much. We can't hear the sound, but man it sucks anyways.

It's all so familiar. Anyone who bought Metallica knows it. Anyone who bought Star Trek knows it. (Did anyone buy Mustang? I troll, I troll!) This is how it is. Stern is what it is, this is how they work.

I guess all I'm saying is, be patient. This is the dance, we all know the steps, but you gotta let the music play anyways. If you're in on the LE and can't afford to be patient, well, it's just the price you pay. Your pin is going to ship unfinished, and with issues. It just will. It might take 8 months or a year to really shine. I'm confident it will, because Lyman is The Man™. Borg knows how to lay out a game, and if it feels like Tron or Metallica (or X-Men) then don't trip, because the code will make it different, and the small differences will mean it's not the same game. Star Trek isn't Spider-Man.

Stern is far from perfect. They do a lot to make you gnash your teeth. But they make great games still. And they have way more hits than misses these days. You just have to give them time to let the process play out.

#420 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I had zero intention of buying this game right away, and frankly nothing was going to change that. I've spent a ton of money on Stern pins recently, no game is going to get me to open my wallet that wide right now, I need a break. So I'm a fan of Stern games, I'm a fan of Borg + Lyman, but I'm pretty impartial on this one. I don't watch the show, and I have no money on the line.
I'm watching the cycle on Pinside do that same old dance. People beg for the theme. The rumors fly. It's released. People are excited. And Stern didn't hold back on this one, no crap photoshopping, lots of gore, you can't fault them for hitting the right notes.
Then the first crappy (no offense to anyone who took them, I know you did the best you could under the circumstances) videos surface and people start getting cold feet. The doubts come out.
The code is early, it's raw, there's something that isn't right. The Well Zombie isn't the right zombie. The pops are too much. We can't hear the sound, but man it sucks anyways.
It's all so familiar. Anyone who bought Metallica knows it. Anyone who bought Star Trek knows it. (Did anyone buy Mustang? I troll, I troll!) This is how it is. Stern is what it is, this is how they work.
I guess all I'm saying is, be patient. This is the dance, we all know the steps, but you gotta let the music play anyways. If you're in on the LE and can't afford to be patient, well, it's just the price you pay. Your pin is going to ship unfinished, and with issues. It just will. It might take 8 months or a year to really shine. I'm confident it will, because Lyman is The Man™. Borg knows how to lay out a game, and if it feels like Tron or Metallica (or X-Men) then don't trip, because the code will make it different, and the small differences will mean it's not the same game. Star Trek isn't Spider-Man.
Stern is far from perfect. They do a lot to make you gnash your teeth. But they make great games still. And they have way more hits than misses these days. You just have to give them time to let the process play out.

AMEN!

#421 5 years ago

What he said!

#422 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Well said.

#423 5 years ago
Quoted from judremy:

Sparky is also hit-it, hit-it, hit-it ...but for some reason it's fun as hell, and Wolverine is not. I dunno what to tell ya.

Dunno why you're on my ass about this. I don't have X-Men and I don't plan on buying TWD...its not as though I'm cheerleading this game. I'd like to play it...but it's pinball. I'm not that worked up over it.

#424 5 years ago

Wellwalker seems to be somewhere between wolvie and sparkie to me. That doesn't bother me at this point (not a fan of either).. As others have said " I want to play it first ". At this point, I'm still in on a pro.

I've been wondering to myself lately - will the "VE" games mean more complete code for other games? If Stern plans on doing one VE game a year, and letting their software team focus on two new titles a year, I can't think of why that would be a bad thing.

#425 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Sparky is also hit-it, hit-it, hit-it ...but for some reason it's fun as hell, and Wolverine is not. I dunno what to tell ya.

Same feeling and a bit hard to define why. Distance ?

The zombie may offer something that Wolverine does not: indirect shot to the inner left orbit. With a bit of practice, I assume one can get there when using the left flipper. Killing two birds with one stone... that could be satisfying. Unsure about it though, as I did not play that game. Anyone can confirm if possible or not?

#426 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I had zero intention of buying this game right away, and frankly nothing was going to change that. I've spent a ton of money on Stern pins recently, no game is going to get me to open my wallet that wide right now, I need a break. So I'm a fan of Stern games, I'm a fan of Borg + Lyman, but I'm pretty impartial on this one. I don't watch the show, and I have no money on the line

Great observation and description of typical (pinside) human behavior.
Love to read your comments and analyse's. Well thought through and excellent written up.

#427 5 years ago

Am I the only one who thinks that TWD pro needs an anternate translite?
This one has no color and with the light behind it, it looks like a faded gottlieb translite from the 80s
It looks a bit dead
IMG_1880.JPG

#428 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

It might take 8 months or a year to really shine. I'm confident it will...

Why would a company that makes an entertainment device, release it eight months before it is ready? More to the point, why would anyone buy said device, that was only 60% complete? Seems like a huge risk with best possible outcome being that the buyer truly enjoys the pin to the worst being that the guy just bought a pile of crap. Think about this, has Stern publicly stated they will support this product and work on it until it is right? Have they promised to make this game on par with other recent successes? Answer is no, that part is being assumed by the buyer. Is there anybody around who has not learned the lesson and feels compelled to buy a pin from Stern (with a proven track record ranging from great, good, mediocre to bad) based on theme alone without playing it first? There is no way anybody who buys a game before it is finished, is getting any sympathy from me. You sirs, are considered to be high risk adventurers, living the lifestyle of an Indiana Jones.

#429 5 years ago
Quoted from pascal-pinball:

Am I the only one who thinks that TWD pro needs an alternate translite?

Maybe it just needs a backboard light kit. You can definitely see the fluorescent tube running through the middle. It's more noticeable on some games than others.

#430 5 years ago
Quoted from pascal-pinball:

Am I the only one who thinks that TWD pro needs an anternate translite?
This one has no color and with the light behind it, it looks like a faded gottlieb translite from the 80s
It looks a bit dead

IMG_1880.JPG 69 KB

I'll bet it comes alive when pinball refinery makes the interactive backbox led board for it.

#431 5 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

Maybe it just needs a backboard light kit. You can definitely see the fluorescent tube running through the middle. It's more noticeable on some games than others.

^ This.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 14.95
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
4,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Kittery, ME
There are 431 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 9.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside