HPL2014-03-10-17h35m35s109.jpg
generalizing.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
285956.png
the-walking-dead-michonne-pets.jpg
michonne.png
le-detail1-980x551.jpg
There are 431 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 9.
#251 9 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

I am usually a Pro guy because as of late all the Stern LE models had very little difference from the Pro model, especially Star Trek, they were almost identical. But in the case of TWD I am going LE for the first time because there are huge differences.
1) moving ramp and bash toy
2) extra magnet
3) crossbow and Fire button
4) Spinners on left orbit and on shot to reload shooter lane
5) Drop target on shot to shooter lane
6) Well walker bash toy opens up and exposes guts
7) colour changing gameplay interactive GI and inserts
8 ) According to feature matrix, Pro does not have the shot that reloads shooter lane
9) Beautiful mirrored backglass
10) coloured armor package with lollipop rails

Were lots of differences between X-men Pro and X-men LE, list was probably about as long. General opinion though (not shared by me) was that the extra features were not worth it from a gameplay perspective.

Personally if I am going to get one I would go LE as well. I like the extras and the bling, but according to my wife I make a lot of stupid choices when it comes to my toys.

#252 9 years ago

I've thought alot about the pro vs LE on this one. Not that I can get either anytime soon, but it's fun to daydream

The crossbow is pretty blah to me. I hope seeing it in action changes my mind, but right now it's big, ugly, and doesn't seem able to add much of a different dynamic vs a flipper shot. Maybe if it actually looked like a crossbow I'd change my mind, but right now it's just an ugly piece of metal.

I love the lifting ramp with zombie head target underneath. I LOVE this feature on Pinbot, and that doesn't even have a head involved, LOL! I'd definitely miss this. Zombie guts are an unknown at this point...could be cool or could just be a red lightbulb. Will have to see. I love crazy magnet action, so would really miss the extra one in front of bloaty. Spinners would definitely be missed. Drop target looks a little lame where it is, but kind of neutral.

Color changing GI could be a HUGE thing on this game. I adore this feature in every game I've played that has it and this title lends itself well for some major atmosphere changes with it. This is probably #1 for me in the LE/Pro debate. Also, while the art is the same, I have a feeling the LE backglass with all the mirroring is going to be jaw dropping in comparison to the pro. It looks like it will have a very 3D feel to it. I prefer the LE cabinet (again I think it will be even better in person), but the pro cab is also very nice.

So for me it's a little bit of a mixed bag, but overall I think the LE will be the way to go if money is not a huge concern. Will it really be worth $3k extra? Of course not. But then again none of these machines are really worth what we pay for them, right? LOL! It's about the enjoyment and which one will make you happier in the end (assuming no major financial concerns of course).

Bottom line is, whether it be pinball, home theater, or a different hobby, I've never once regretted spending more to get a "better" model when I've been able to. I have, however, regretted getting the "lower end" stuff from time to time when I didn't really need to. Is the pro better than nothing if that's all you can afford or justify spending? Absolutely and it will be very satisfying and fun to have. But if you can swing it and you like at least some of the LE features, I say go for it. Otherwise you'll find yourself always kind of wishing for the sweet lighting effects or that you could bash bicycle girl's head in at some point. And who knows...maybe they'll even figure out something really cool to do with that silly "crossbow". LOL!

#253 9 years ago

I don't do half ass pinball machines. LE FOR ME. It's only money

#254 9 years ago

It will be interesting to see if they implement any type of "ball save" when the drop target to the shooter lane is hit? The placement looks deadly and is right around the same spot that the "Extra Ball" target on WH20 is located.

#255 9 years ago

I think they should have called the canon a SHOTGUN instead of crossbow. That way they could have easily had a sticker of a shotgun barrel that could have been applied since its in the proper dimensions. You can't get a sticker to cover the current canon because the limbs on the crossbow add width.

btw this is the type of crossbow used in the show in case you were wondering
http://www.gunsurviani.com/488-733-thickbox/stryker-2013-strykezone-380-crossbow-package-black.jpg

#256 9 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

I think they should have called the canon a SHOTGUN instead of crossbow. That way they could have easily had a sticker of a shotgun barrel that could have been applied since its in the proper dimensions. You can't get a sticker to cover the current canon because of the limbs on a crossbow and it takes away the effect when you see a metal shooter housing pretending to be a crossbow.
btw this is the type of crossbow used in the show in case you were wondering
http://www.gunsurviani.com/488-733-thickbox/stryker-2013-strykezone-380-crossbow-package-black.jpg

I'm sure Tim Mezel or the Pinball Refinery will make some kind of fold out crossbow where when it swings out the sides of the bow fold out so it looks just like a crossbow.

#257 9 years ago

Needs more Maggie. This should work for one side of the apron:

HPL2014-03-10-17h35m35s109.jpgHPL2014-03-10-17h35m35s109.jpg
#258 9 years ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

There is no way to justify the price difference between the models. 3k extra for the LE is crazy imo. However, collecting pinball machines is pretty crazy itself and unjustifiable to most non-pinheads. I'd say if it is a dream theme for you, go for it. Just looking to try the latest pin, pro might make more sense.

Exactly.

This same debate comes up every time a new pin is offered by Stern, comparing the Pro to the LE (and Premium when offered).

Most will agree that from a purely objective point of view, the Pro gives more value/bang for the buck, and the extra's on the LE can't be justified on a dollar to dollar basis, regardless of what Stern title we are talking about.

But there is a lot more to it than just the "objective" evaluation of looking at BoM.

#259 9 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

and thankful that Stern has released an adult themed pin with blood and zombies.

Let's hope they don't take the adult theme part out of it . . . this game needs to be adult with comedy and everything.

Gosh, I hope it has a bunch of call outs from Merle. That would make this game off the chain if he is the lead voice guy . . .

#260 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Exactly.

This same debate comes up every time a new pin is offered by Stern, comparing the Pro to the LE (and Premium when offered).

Most will agree that from a purely objective point of view, the Pro gives more value/bang for the buck, and the extra's on the LE can't be justified on a dollar to dollar basis, regardless of what Stern title we are talking about.

But there is a lot more to it than just the objective evaluation.

I think a lot of it has to do with how long you keep your pins, and how important the theme is to you. If you're the type of person who likes to constantly mix up your collection, I think it's pretty hard to justify any NIB purchase. Some people, on the other hand, hold on to games a lot longer. In this case, the depreciation is somewhat offset by the pleasure you derive from playing it over an extended period of time. When it comes to spending the extra money on the LE, it's a lot easier to justify it if it's a theme that really resonates with you. That's why I bought an STLE, and why I ordered a Walking Dead LE. These are licenses that are dear to my heart, and I simply wanted the best version available.

#261 9 years ago

Merle has the most recognizable voice of any of the main characters, and quotes from him would be better than most I'd think. Not sure if there is enough material from him to be the lead voice though?

#262 9 years ago

Merle was good in Guardians of the Galaxy as well!

#263 9 years ago

I am deciding to stay with the LE. I guess I can always downgrade to the pro if I feel the need.

#264 9 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Gosh, I hope it has a bunch of call outs from Merle. That would make this game off the chain if he is the lead voice guy . . .

I agree. Pay him for the extra jackpot and extra ball callouts. His voice is very distinctive, plus he was a cool character. I suppose Hershel or the Governor would be nearly as compelling, but definitely one of them should do the extra callouts. If they hire Carl for this, I'll cancel my order and jump off of a tall building.

#265 9 years ago

I don't think they are hiring anyone for voice work from one of the articles I read.

#266 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Merle has the most recognizable voice of any of the main characters, and quotes from him would be better than most I'd think. Not sure if there is enough material from him to be the lead voice though?

Custom zombie call outs for the game. Give him the Bones' treatment from the last ST code update. Merle's voice is awesome; have him doing jackpot callouts and talking smack when you drain or time out of a mode.

#267 9 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Let's hope they don't take the adult theme part out of it . . . this game needs to be adult with comedy and everything.

I started watching TWD the night before the pinball machine was announced by Stern. I'm half way through Season 2 and haven't seen anything resembling comedy yet. Does Louis CK make an appearance later on or am I missing something?

This is the first licensed theme Stern have done (except for AC/DC) where I actually have some idea who the characters/toys are in the game.

#268 9 years ago

Pro for me. I'm a Pro whore, though. You guys can bask in the warm glow of color changing RGBs and I'll count my $2K, wringing my hands in delight.

#269 9 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Pro for me. I'm a Pro whore, though. You guys can bask in the warm glow of color changing RGBs and I'll count my $2K, wringing my hands in delight.

Did you order one yet Kyle? I'm going to make my decision after checking them out at Expo.

#270 9 years ago

^^
After much soul searching, I am going to sell TFTC to fund TWD. That's the plan unless the videos are total shit, which I expect they will not be. This is one of those themes I have to own.

#271 9 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Sucks for you, you won't get to feel the joy of losing $500 unboxing the LE and another $500 once that first ball is plunged.

Don't matter to me count your cash, I like all the bells and whistels and toys, it's only pinball and only money.......................I say that hating myself more and more each time I pay Stern and lose money when I sell them, but oh well. This is my last NIB LE if they keep raising prices just cause it is a dream theme is only reason I am all in on this one.

I am joining the pro club as well on themes I like for NIB, they have really stepped up the pros lately.

#272 9 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

Sucks for you, you won't get to feel the joy of losing $500 unboxing the LE and another $500 once that first ball is plunged.
Don't matter to me count your cash, I like all the bells and whistels and toys, it's only pinball and only money.......................I say that hating myself more and more each time I pay Stern and lose money when I sell them, but oh well. This is my last NIB LE if they keep raising prices just cause it is a dream theme is only reason I am all in on this one.
I am joining the pro club as well on themes I like for NIB, they have really stepped up the pros lately.

I couldn't enjoy my toy knowing there is a better version out there. LE for my sanity.

#273 9 years ago

Need. Video. Please.

#274 9 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I have to admit, I'm absolutely giddy at the thought of getting my TWD LE. I haven't been this excited for a new pin in a very long time.

I'm so giddy about getting TWD LE that I changed my avatar for the first time in almost 3 years!

#275 9 years ago

Just changed mine too

#276 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I'm so giddy about getting TWD LE that I changed my Avatar for the first time in almost 3 years!

No one is going to recognize you.

#277 9 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

No one is going to recognize you.

Good. Time for a fresh start!

#278 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Good. Time for a fresh start!

Use a different pic, on my phone I thought it was a pic of Carl due to the hat. Ha!

#279 9 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

That Pro price point of ~$5k is important for them to keep. They can't just drop it and offer a Premium/LE, which is what you are describing.

I disagree..............and watch them jack their prices above it in 2015.

#280 9 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Use a different pic, on my phone I thought it was a pic of Carl due to the hat. Ha!

It's a very well known image from the show, so you should have known better!

#281 9 years ago

I'd like to know what this does?
twd.jpgtwd.jpg

#282 9 years ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

Plastic protector to stop the ball from getting stuck up there?

#283 9 years ago

In Canada here it's more like 3300.00$ difference 5600.00$ for Pro and 8900.00$ For LE all in with tax and shipping,that's why a Premium would be good middle ground but that's for another thread.

#284 9 years ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

twd.jpg 109 KB

There must be more within cellblock C other than a Zombie head to bash.
To much realestate under the roof. hmm

#285 9 years ago
Quoted from jms121:

In Canada here it's more like 3300.00$ difference 5600.00$ for Pro and 8900.00$ For LE all in with tax and shipping,that's why a Premium would be good middle ground but that's for another thread.

That's only because Alberta doesn't have HST. In Ontario it is closer to $9,400

#286 9 years ago

Anyone notice how on the Pro model the windows in the prison are just plane blue but on the LE the windows light up red with the images of zombies in them, cool. (click on picture to enlarge)

TWD LE-detail3.jpgTWD LE-detail3.jpg

#287 9 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Needs more Maggie. This should work for one side of the apron:

HPL2014-03-10-17h35m35s109.jpg 45 KB

in regards to maggie.... less blood, more tits..... aurich you hear that??

#288 9 years ago

Anyone notice how on the Pro model the windows in the prison are just plane blue but on the LE the windows light up red with the images of zombies in them, cool. (click on picture to enlarge)

TWD LE-detail3.jpg 451 KB

If you look at the edges of the roof, they look clear so I it think they will glow whatever color is used inside the building. So I think the building has internal lights within it. The pro pics look like blue lights are on inside it and the LE pics look like its red inside. Hopefully both versions will have both colors inside and switch based on the mode you are in. It looks like the silhouettes of the zombies in the window will appear when the lights are red and then be hidden when the lights are off or maybe blue? Kinda like older back glasses where you couldn't see "tilt" or "match" from the front of the glass until it was lit from behind by a bulb. Just a guess.

#289 9 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

If you look at the edges of the roof, they look clear so I it think they will glow whatever color is used inside the building. So I think the building has internal lights within it. The pro pics look like blue lights are on inside it and the LE pics look like its red inside. Hopefully both versions will have both colors inside and switch based on the mode you are in. It looks like the silhouettes of the zombies in the window will appear when the lights are red and then be hidden when the lights are off or maybe blue? Kinda like older back glasses where you couldn't see "tilt" or "match" from the front of the glass until it was lit from behind by a bulb. Just a guess.

I thought the LE was the only one with colour changing GI?

#290 9 years ago

I like the pro cab better, great looking pf, this could be cool... the only thing that i dont think is nessisary is the big amc logos all over..

#291 9 years ago

I doubt any lighting is representative of what the game will actually look like. There's no green gi seen at all for example.

#292 9 years ago

I wonder if there is another Zombie bash head behind the one originally shown in the building door ?

Maybe you bash the Zombie head down, then lock ball. Zombie reloads again and you Bash the 2nd head down. lock ball so forth???

Too much room under that roof for just 1 Zombie head.

#293 9 years ago
Quoted from Squizz:

I wonder if there is another Zombie bash head behind the one originally shown in the building door ?
Maybe you bash the Zombie head down, then lock ball. Zombie reloads again and you Bash the 2nd head down. lock ball so forth???
Too much room under that roof for just 1 Zombie head.

It's always possible that was the original plan but it didn't work or got costed out.

#294 9 years ago
Quoted from Squizz:

There must be more within cellblock C other than a Zombie head to bash.
To much realestate under the roof. hmm

I think Stern would have put that it locked balls in the matrix. I wish it did but I highly doubt there is any physical ball lock on the game.

#295 9 years ago

TWD LE-detail3.jpg 451 KB

Love the bloody drag marks going into the prison doors

#296 9 years ago

Honestly, if you have the cash the Prem/LE models are the only way to go, you get the extra bells and whistles why not get the best machine out there. It may not be the 'best for the buck' is most/all cases but it is the best machine you can get in the end of the day. I am not going to get this machine due to the theme and unfamilarity with the gameplay but if I were it would be an LE.

#297 9 years ago
Quoted from pins4life33:

Honestly, if you have the cash the Prem/LE models are the only way to go, you get the extra bells and whistles why not get the best machine out there. It may not be the 'best for the buck' is most/all cases but it is the best machine you can get in the end of the day. I am not going to get this machine due to the theme and unfamilarity with the gameplay but if I were it would be an LE.

There's no way to know if the LE's the best machine until someone actually plays them and compares them to a Pro. For all we know the crossbow and bicycle girl features could be negatives as they interrupt the "flow" of the game. The single drop target in the flipper return lane could be a negative as well if it results in SDTM drains (it's in approximately the same place as the EB target in WH20). I'm guessing with Lyman and Borg working on these that it won't be the case but you never know. There are a few pins like Transformers and X-Men where I think the Pro is the better playing model of the two.

#298 9 years ago

I'm a fan of flow interruptions, they allow me to have a swig of my beer.

#299 9 years ago
Quoted from CptAwesomest:

I'm a fan of flow interruptions, they allow me to have a swig of my beer.

Couldn't have said it any better.......

#300 9 years ago

Just read article in another thread about how important a color screen is and think it is a real shame that these $8000 toys still have antiquated dots.

I bought STLE and it may have been worth the money if it had had a color LCD screen.

Think I will hold out until Stern finally stop the dots!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

6,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, OH
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 26.95
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 6.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Yonkers, NY
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 599.95
Cabinet - Toppers
Hi-Rez Pinball Mods

6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Newton, NJ
$ 89.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
New Castle, CO
$ 16.00
$ 12.95
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
PinballGeek

$ 29.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Pimp

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 431 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 9.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/high-rez-photos-of-the-walking-dead-pro-and-le/page/6 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.