HPL2014-03-10-17h35m35s109.jpg
generalizing.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
285956.png
the-walking-dead-michonne-pets.jpg
michonne.png
le-detail1-980x551.jpg
There are 431 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 9.
#201 9 years ago

Bla Bla Bla Bla Bla DaBla....

Now that we seen the Pics,i am so dawm really excited to See Video's and see the DmD
The sounds The callouts The Gameplay and What those Toys is gonna do and MUSIC.

I like TWD on TV but i do not Love the show,it's good
But i Love Zombies

I wish i like the game enough to buy one!

#202 9 years ago

Why is it that everybody thinks they are some kind of expert on business? Most of us have no clue about Stern or any other business. And when you consider the fact that we are not privy to the actual numbers, it makes all the conjecture even more stupid. Consider this, I had a business a few years ago. customers on a forum did exactly the same thing that I see here, and not one of them, not one! had the numbers and facts straight.

#203 9 years ago

Option is to spend the grand above and beyond the two grand you'd spend at pinball refinery and get an LE while they're available.

Right now there are 600 out there. Full optioned and available. Some prefer the Pro but I like the best of the best. This title has been awaited a long time, I'm sure all pros and LE's will sell quickly.

I get the lack of toys on the pro, but if you count the money on every pin purchase then the pro is for you. But if you think best is more important than money, than LE is for you.

#204 9 years ago

I can not find this in the LE playfield pictures :

"Bicycle Girl" bash toy

What is it ? Where is it ?

And the Zombie head Under the Left ramp on the LE...Will it be a Bash toy ? will the ramp move up ?

#205 9 years ago
Quoted from thunderking50:

I can not find this in the LE playfield pictures :
"Bicycle Girl" bash toy
What is it ? Where is it ?

The left ramp raises to reveal it

#206 9 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

The left ramp raises to reveal it

Ah ok Thanks

#207 9 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Stern had no problem selling 500 Avenger LEs

I don't know about Stern, but I heard distributors had a hard time selling their Avengers LEs. I think Stern only run a few (exaggerating, but still serious) Avengers Premiums just because they said they would...not because there was a demand for them at all.

#208 9 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

They wouldn't necessarily have to raise the price of the pro. How much extra can those additional playfield features actually cost them per machine? Plus, the increased costs would be offset by not having to design and run two different playfields.

They would also only have to write one version of game code which would mean that they can spend more time on getting full working code out on the first release.

#209 9 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I chose BSM because it an an extreme example of a game that rose in value primarily because of its exclusivity.

This is true. In fact, I'm one of them. Nevertheless, history has shown us that there are plenty of collectors that will happily shell out the extra bucks for an LE if the game is based on a popular theme. Stern had no problem selling 500 Avenger LEs, and I'd argue that TWD is a much more eagerly anticipated license.

Stern will not sell out 600 TWDLE going with your proposed model pricing: $8K for a LE, and $5K for pro with all the PF features of the LE.

BSM is less than $1K over a stardard SM when it was released. It rose in value due to its proven gameplay, not just exclusivity. By your logic, then all Stern LEs should be more than MSRP by now including TFLE, XmenLE, AVLE, Avatar LE, TRS LE, Elvis Gold...etc.

FYI, for AVLE: Hulk was sold out, but the blue never did, at least from distributors.

#210 9 years ago
Quoted from woz:

They would also only have to write one version of game code which would mean that they can spend more time on getting full working code out on the first release.

I'd say they should really look into what differences will make programming 2 games harder and what won't. I.e. I can see programming having the crossbow or not doesn't have to make a lot of difference for the rules. One game uses the flipper to attack at the moment the crossbow would attack in the LE (well, the animation should be shorter and crossbow-code skipped in the Pro). Drop-target: can be emulated by using the shooterlaneswitch as a drop-target-hit.
Magnet less: too bad on the pro, but it doesn't change rules. Bash-toy under ramp? Make a ramp-shot instead of under-ramp to emulate that.
But: color-changing inserts: if used for rules, that requires a LOT of thinking and coding to work with one game that has them and another one that doesn't. I could see a programmer getting quite crazy to make fun rules for both games, without leaving the RGBleds 'unused' for rules in the LE.
Spinners I think is another one that is hard to replace if you program i.e. a mode where you need a number of spins to finish the mode.
If I were Stern, I'd have the programmer co-decide which parts have to be on the pro and which can be left out during the development of the game. But it seems only logical that they're already doing that, and as someone else wrote.... it's not like I as an amateur can think of better decisions than Stern, but these are just my thoughts on how the Pro-LE model should be: you can leave more than just 'bling' for a cheaper game and less maintenance for ops who don't have a crossbow and other extra moving parts to worry about, but make sure that you don't have to have real different rules on both games.

#211 9 years ago

Lyman won't give the pro buyers a lesser experience. It's not in his DNA.

Pro will play well.

Lesser meaning less than optimal for the design. It won't be an LE.

#212 9 years ago
Quoted from gprotein:

By your logic, then all Stern LEs should be more than MSRP by now including TFLE, XmenLE, AVLE, Avatar LE, TRS LE, Elvis Gold...etc.

To be fair, I never claimed my argument was based on logic ....

#213 9 years ago

Am I the only one who thinks Stern could gauge the viability of the title if they didn't make it such a secret? They announce the title just a few weeks before shipping leaving them to guess and hope how it will go over and sell. For as much as everyone complains about JJP being slow (and I don't blame them) at least JJ knows the hype around their titles and is actively selling them. I really don't get the benefit of the secret till production is done. It would be just a big of a surprise for us to hear the next title (Jaws or Kiss anyone?) now as it will be when we hear it when they actually announce it later. Stern assumes a lot of risk producing expensive machines on the hope they will sell.

Disclaimer - I completely think every LE will sell of this title so don't jump on me about that. I love the title and this is just my opinion of Sterns business practices.

#214 9 years ago
Quoted from KingNine:

Am I the only one who thinks Stern could gauge the viability of the title if they didn't make it such a secret? They announce the title just a few weeks before shipping leaving them to guess and hope how it will go over and sell. For as much as everyone complains about JJP being slow (and I don't blame them) at least JJ knows the hype around their titles and is actively selling them. I really don't get the benefit of the secret till production is done. It would be just a big of a surprise for us to hear the next title (Jaws or Kiss anyone?) now as it will be when we hear it when they actually announce it later. Stern assumes a lot of risk producing expensive machines on the hope they will sell.

It's all part of Stern's business strategy. They purposely wait until the last minute to announce the title and show the first pics of the game. This creates a artificial frenzy, and it ensures that they will quickly sell all the LEs.

#215 9 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

This creates a artificial frenzy, and it ensures that they will quickly sell all the LEs.

There ain't nothin' artificial about the frenzy for me, I can tell ya that!

#216 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Ditto here Robby! BRING IT STERN!

#217 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

That's because Stern has very cleverly convinced you that you need one ASAP!

#218 9 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

No, WE convinced Stern that we need one ASAP.
They're just doing their duty as responsible pinball manufacturers.

#219 9 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

That didn't happen to me with Avengers.

Quoted from Chambahz:

No, WE convinced Stern that we need one ASAP.
They're just going their duty as responsible pinball manufacturers.

This^^^^^^

#220 9 years ago

I have to admit, I'm absolutely giddy at the thought of getting my TWD LE. I haven't been this excited for a new pin in a very long time.

#221 9 years ago

I'm watching closely to see where one will pop up on location within a reasonable distance. If this machine plays as good as it looks, I'm in for the pro, but I can't bring myself to drop that kind of cash without getting some time on it.

#222 9 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I have to admit, I'm absolutely giddy at the thought of getting my TWD LE. I haven't been this excited for a new pin in a very long time.

Ditto

#223 9 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

+2. Very excited to say the very least.

#224 9 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

+3 fifteen years buying pins this is my first nib. I have never even seen the show either. Maybe I'm drinking the kool aid but this game looks incredible.

#225 9 years ago

Its sooo funny. I dont watch twd. I dont really like twd. TWDLE is my first nib pin. At least the wife is happy as she had to have it.
I really hope the pin is fun lol.

#226 9 years ago

I'm in for the LE.

I was in on STLE when it was released, and that was a real roller coaster ride. At first there was lots of disappointment because of the rumored LCD not being there, then that first video from Australia that was not great, but eventually it turned the corner. There hasn't been the dips with this game yet. Hopefully the first video we see is a good one and the hype train can continue.

#227 9 years ago
Quoted from jetspeedb:

Its sooo funny. I dont watch twd. I dont really like twd. TWDLE is my first nib pin. At least the wife is happy as she had to have it.
I really hope the pin is fun lol.

How'd you accomplish this with your wife? Hypnosis?

#228 9 years ago

i think there is no hurry

it needs minimum 6 months after the release before the rules are complete

or longer.

then you get the first le`s to nice prices

ST LE
ME LE

#229 9 years ago

I have been debating getting a LE vs the pro. I have a LE on order but don't know if I can justify the priced if fence between the two models. Help me decide.

#230 9 years ago
Quoted from kapsreiter:

i think there is no hurry
it needs minimum 6 months after the release before the rules are complete
or longer.
then you get the first le`s to nice prices
ST LE
ME LE

My guess is that there are a number of people on here thinking the same thing about waiting to see the rules and how they develop, including me. But I'm not counting on the LE price being lower in just 6 months. Assuming the rules are well developed and it's a great game, I'd be happy to pick up an LE with maybe some nice mods in 6-12 months for NIB price. The pros will probably depreciate quicker. All this assumes no premium model unlike ME or ST.

#231 9 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

I have been debating getting a LE vs the pro. I have a LE on order but don't know if I can justify the priced if fence between the two models. Help me decide.

With this title, I'd say the LE is the one to get. The pro is missing too many features. No crossbow. No spinners. No bash toy magnet. No color changing LEDs. Stern seems to have gone out of their way to make the LE extra appealing vs. the pro. If there really isn't a premium, the LE should also hold its value better than most LEs.

#232 9 years ago

I think I could live without the crossbow since they made zero effort to make it look like one and it therefore looks to have been pulled right off of AP, but I like all the other features the LE has to offer, I really like the backglass and the cab art has really grown on me, and I think with some custom armor from Pinball Refinery it'll really look killer. I don't honestly care about collectability, future value, etc as I plan on keeping it since I'm a huge fan of all things monsters.
Are the few changes worth the LE's added cost? Probably not, but as someone who just picked up a Met Premium and really enjoys the Hammer/Coffin Lock based on that alone I wanted whatever version had all the features.

#233 9 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

With this title, I'd say the LE is the one to get. The pro is missing too many features. No crossbow. No spinners. No bash toy magnet. No color changing LEDs. Stern seems to have gone out of their way to make the LE extra appealing vs. the pro. If there really isn't a premium, the LE should also hold its value better than most LEs.

Agree with the above.

Add to that the fact that it's a damn ZOMBIE theme.....something I've been waiting for since getting into the hobby.....it's easily the LE for me on this title (especially with no Premium being offered).

#234 9 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Tough call without playing one first... My gut instinct tells me that the LE features won't justify the price difference and will likely slow down the gameplay vs. the Pro model. Would you rather shoot something with the flippers or wait for a magnet to divert a ball, then load it in a cannon and then wait for it to move back and forth to hit the launch button? Cannons are pretty cool, but the location of this one is in a spot that doesn't create any advantage of using it vs. the flippers. I would rather have it situated on the side or in a spot that gave it more creative shots. Also, I'd rather have a ramp always be accessible vs. having it lift up revealing a bash target.-More flow and I'm guessing that the bicycle girl target it won't be a primary focus of the software since the Pro doesn't have it.

I think the biggest thing that the Pro is lacking is the LED GI zones and the spinners and single drop target. I just don't know if I'd pay an extra $2800 over the Pro for them. Also, if they sell out all 600 LE's right away and don't make a Premium model I think that will give Stern less incentive to make the LE specific features extra cool in how they are implemented in software.

#235 9 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

There is no way to justify the price difference between the models. 3k extra for the LE is crazy imo. However, collecting pinball machines is pretty crazy itself and unjustifiable to most non-pinheads. I'd say if it is a dream theme for you, go for it. Just looking to try the latest pin, pro might make more sense.

#236 9 years ago

It is a tough decision but I would say if you have the $$$ and don't care about taking the hit then buy the LE for the bling. Granted you will be waitinga while for the LEs to be delivered.

I personally think the PRO will play much better and you can get it quicker which is always good in my book.

#237 9 years ago

Disagree, gladly paying the difference and thankful that Stern has released an adult themed pin with blood and zombies. This is the most excited I've been for a pinball machine, with predator on the horizon finally some cool themes are coming my way. I just keep looking at those pics and smiling. Can't wait.

#238 9 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Also, if they sell out all 600 LE's right away and don't make a Premium model I think that will give Stern less incentive to make the LE specific features extra cool in how they are implemented in softwarevenge ere.

Thats a very good point. Its been about a year since star trek came out and they still arent doing anything with the backbox flashers, asteroid flashers, or apron lights on the trek premiere/le models during gameplay. Even after the giant code update they are still only used in the attract mode. Maybe someday they'll tie them into the gameplay. They made 800 trek le's plus some number of premiums which a bit more than just 600 walking dead le's so they may not be a lot of motivation to fully utilize all the capabilities once they are sold and gone out the door.

#239 9 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

I am usually a Pro guy because as of late all the Stern LE models had very little difference from the Pro model, especially Star Trek, they were almost identical. But in the case of TWD I am going LE for the first time because there are huge differences.

1) moving ramp and bash toy
2) extra magnet
3) crossbow and Fire button
4) Spinners on left orbit and on shot to reload shooter lane
5) Drop target on shot to shooter lane
6) Well walker bash toy opens up and exposes guts
7) colour changing gameplay interactive GI and inserts
8 ) According to feature matrix, Pro does not have the shot that reloads shooter lane
9) Beautiful mirrored backglass
10) coloured armor package with lollipop rails

#240 9 years ago

Personally, I like the cab art on the Pro better, I'm tired of cannons, and there's not enough else to make up the difference to me. I like the color changing LEDs though, that's something I never feel good about missing out on..

#241 9 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

I like the color changing LEDs though, that's something I never feel good about missing out on..

And Lyman has proven that he knows how to write code that takes advantage of them.

#242 9 years ago

No mention of shaker motor and obviously not included in either Pro or LE - thoughts on adding one in?

#243 9 years ago
Quoted from aztarac:

No mention of shaker motor and obviously not included in either Pro or LE - thoughts on adding one in?

my distributor threw one in for free on the LE

#244 9 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

my distributor threw one in for free on the LE

dammit!! I better make a phone call!

#245 9 years ago
Quoted from aztarac:

dammit!! I better make a phone call!

Keep in mind we pay A LOT more for them up here too.

#246 9 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

I am usually a Pro guy because as of late all the Stern LE models had very little difference from the Pro model, especially Star Trek, they were almost identical. But in the case of TWD I am going LE for the first time because there are huge differences.
1) moving ramp and bash toy
2) extra magnet
3) crossbow and Fire button
4) Spinners on left orbit and on shot to reload shooter lane
5) Drop target on shot to shooter lane
6) Well walker bash toy opens up and exposes guts
7) colour changing gameplay interactive GI and inserts
8 ) According to feature matrix, Pro does not have the shot that reloads shooter lane
9) Beautiful mirrored backglass
10) coloured armor package with lollipop rails
11) Governor Fish Tank/Zombie heads

#247 9 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

11) Governor Fish Tank/Zombie heads

He probably didn't list the fish tank because the modders will easily be able to add something comparable or better to the pro.

#248 9 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

He probably didn't list the fish tank because the modders will easily be able to add something comparable or better to the pro.

I want to see one with actual fish in it!

#249 9 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

No I did for get it. I think the LE versions fish tank will be interactive into gameplay and the pro's will not be.

#250 9 years ago

"Hooooooneeey...did you feed the pinball machine this morning?"

Yes dear...

Quoted from Rarehero:

I want to see one with actual fish in it!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
Glendale, AZ
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 29.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Pimp

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 26.95
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 89.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
West Palm Beach, FL
6,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, OH
Machine - For Sale
New Castle, CO
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 12.95
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 599.95
Cabinet - Toppers
Hi-Rez Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 9.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 431 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 9.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/high-rez-photos-of-the-walking-dead-pro-and-le/page/5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.