pasted_image (resized).png
Rrelay (resized).JPG
534BEAA7-91F0-40A9-A71E-94D205163951 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20191215_191746[1] (resized).jpg
IMG_20191215_191702[1] (resized).jpg
IMG_20191215_191319[1] (resized).jpg
ball count unit (resized).png
IMG00005 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider troxel.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3 4 years ago

Sounds like your hold relay (R) is not engaged. You have the manual? If so, follow the start-up sequence...
*Coin or replay button actuates the start (S) relay
*When the S relay is pulled-in it does multiple things such as starts the score motor, reset score reels, reset ball count, and subtract from the replay unit. (The V relay will also get engaged).

Can you get to that point on startup?

Not sure on the wire from the photo. Can you trace it back to where it belongs and can double check that way? I think you are probably correct in your assumption.

#5 4 years ago

Can you manually adjust the ball count unit (backbox) with the game off and reset it manually? Should advance 5 times and then reset back to zero position. Try a couple of times and see it moves smoothly or if it's gummed up.

#8 4 years ago
Quoted from Entity:

Yes, it advances 5 times useing the advanceing solonoid, then useing the other one it resets back to zero position, is there supose to be any missing teeth on the gear? Assuming the ball count unit is the one on the right. The other one on the left is advancing smoothly as well but its not going back to 0 without multiple pulls.

That's good. The one of the left is the replay unit and should only add or subtract one at a time. Basically, how many credits are on the machine.

Quoted from Entity:

I can get to the last part you mentioned on startup, everything resets besides the ball in play reel, it only goes back by 1 number every time i push the front button and the hold relay (R) isnt engaging. As far as the wire is concerned it doesnt seem to make a difference when its connected or disconneted.

What do you mean here? If it's on ball 5, it shows ball 4 after you hit the credit button? Can you snap a photo of the ball count unit in the zero position?

#11 4 years ago

Ball unit looks correct in the zero position. Can you make sure the switches I circled switch states as you advance the ball unit? These should open or close at some point. Some will transition the first time you advance it. The top one should open when you can’t advance any more.

The teeth are correct. This is made so you can’t advance too many times. The last advance should be on the last rivet.

If all check, then the ball count unit is good.
534BEAA7-91F0-40A9-A71E-94D205163951 (resized).jpeg534BEAA7-91F0-40A9-A71E-94D205163951 (resized).jpeg

#13 4 years ago

When you start a game does the R relay just pulse and not stay engaged? Does the scores reset and motor stop spinning?

#15 4 years ago

Here's the path for the R relay to engage. Check the switch that I circled. It's a make-break switch on the S relay in the bottom of the game. There will be three blades with two contacts. It's the only one on the S relay. The wires colors are (White with a Brown tracer) and the other one is slate. Make sure the switches are transitioning when you manually move the relay.

Rrelay (resized).JPGRrelay (resized).JPG
#17 4 years ago

Is the game now working besides the buzz?

#23 4 years ago

Those switches are on the relays not the score motor. Those switches circled are the only ones that cause the score motor to turn.

#28 4 years ago

Sounds like one of your drop targets is showing a closed switch. Put them all in the up position and see if the problem goes away.

If not, then you need to check the switches on the drop target.

If they problem goes away, you can hit one target at a time and see which one is making the motor one continuously and adjust that switch.

#31 4 years ago

If it is the total play meter, it can connect in a few spots. I highlighted everything that connects to the Brown & White wire. Also, sometimes people don't hook up the total play meter.

loose (resized).JPGloose (resized).JPG
#36 4 years ago

You're coils look good to me. What changes did you make before the fuse blew? I would put in a circuit breaker and see if you can tell what coil is being pulled in. It might be more difficult than that, but that's a good starting point. Be careful with the 4 drop target reset coils. They are 120V.

Shameless plug, but I do sell circuit breakers on my site .
https://troxelrepair.com/product/circuit-breakers/

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lakeville, MN
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider troxel.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/high-hand-stuck-in-tilt?tu=troxel and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.