• 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Mercury
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

I am a bit perplexed why the drops don't reset on HH given

that it's a wedgehead...I know the drops reset on Capt.Card but do they

rest during a ball in play or only when it drains?

Thanks))

#2 9 years ago

That's the difference between Capt. Card and High Hand, and the reason I like Capt. Card better, even though I'm a replay guy. High hand gets boring fast once the drops are down as they don't reset.

#3 9 years ago

Gtb wedgehead 'Big Hit' same way. Makes sense for BH play though.

#4 9 years ago

They don't reset on a High Hand because the designers didn't incorporate that feature into the game. They did on Captain Card. Drop a Card and Pop a Card are the same - the replay doesn't and the aab does.

Here's a thread by wayner about a year ago and if you look at the 1st post to the thread under the op (wayner) Vic Camp stated he had a High Hand where someone had wired it to AAB - he included pics too: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-do-you-convert-a-gottlieb-high-hand-em-wired-for-aab-back-to-a-replay-game

#5 9 years ago

To sum up High Hand; The drop targets only reset at the start of a new game. Thus your game is working properly.

#6 9 years ago
Quoted from hoov:

They don't reset on a High Hand because the designers didn't incorporate that feature into the game. They did on Captain Card. Drop a Card and Pop a Card are the same - the replay doesn't and the aab does.
Here's a thread by wayner about a year ago and if you look at the 1st post to the thread under the op (wayner) Vic Camp stated he had a High Hand where someone had wired it to AAB - he included pics too: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-do-you-convert-a-gottlieb-high-hand-em-wired-for-aab-back-to-a-replay-game

Ah hoov that was the first EM I had worked on! I remember Kerry Imming commenting "when you have finished this one you will have encountered one of the most complex renewals imaginable". Someone previously had hacked the machine in an endeavour to reset the drop targets during gameplay-but it did not work and nor did a whole range of other features. I was and continue to be happy with the machine operating the way it was intended. High Hand because of its peculiarities is a popular machine for me.

#7 9 years ago

Anyone know if Capt Card drops reset during a ball in play or only after you drain...Thanks

#8 9 years ago
Quoted from Mercury:

Anyone know if Capt Card drops reset during a ball in play or only after you drain...Thanks

The great thing about CC is that once drops are all knocked down, the KO hole scores 16000 points and gives extra ball each time you get it in there. Once ball lost, drops re-set.

#9 9 years ago

Thanks)

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lakeville, MN
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/high-hand-help-etc and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.