bop_3.jpg
bop_2.jpg
bop_1.jpg
100_7909.JPG
100_7901.JPG
100_7888.JPG
100_7849.JPG
go_get_it.gif
There are 58 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 11 years ago

Post edited by floyd1977 : Double post

#52 11 years ago

i think it looks fine as it is. Just keep your eye out for a NOS playfield or maybe a CPR reproduction. These playfields have pretty common wear areas so i wouldn't be surprised if CPR does one in the next few years.
Do you really want to drop 2 to 3 thousand for a restore that most people won't notice?

I agree. Yours looks great already, in my opinion. You call that insert wear? This is insert wear:

insert.jpginsert.jpg

#53 11 years ago
Quoted from floyd1977:

I agree. Yours looks great already, in my opinion. You call that insert wear? This is insert wear:

Honestly, that's almost identical to what mine looked like when I took the paint brush to it after the mylar removal. Is their a way to remove the ghosting of the inserts? Open up the pic I posted and you'll see what I'm talking about. It's like looking into the paint of a black car that somebodys been drying the car with a bath towel for years on. The haze drives me nuts...

#54 11 years ago
Quoted from Scuba_Steve:

Thanks! That's very generous of you. I see that we are both located in Texas. If you’re local to the Dallas area maybe we can meet up someplace to play some pinball and drink some beer. I’ll even buy you a few rounds.

I'm in Round Rock (just north of Austin). I'll check tonight and let you know. I'll also take you up on that offer next time I'm up that way. I'm REALLY hoping to hit up a Cowboys game this year. I know, I'm old school as I'm still a fan... LOL

#55 11 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Honestly, that's almost identical to what mine looked like when I took the paint brush to it after the mylar removal. Is their a way to remove the ghosting of the inserts? Open up the pic I posted and you'll see what I'm talking about. It's like looking into the paint of a black car that somebodys been drying the car with a bath towel for years on. The haze drives me nuts...

Duh. Yeah, I forgot about the part where you said you already touched up. I think you did a great job. As for the ghosting, I have no clue, but I think you were asking that question to everyone.

#56 11 years ago

Have you contacted Brian @ HSA Pinball In Shorewood, IL?

http://www.hsapinball.com/HSA_PINBALL/Home.html

if you just got the PF done, I'm sure it would make the game look much better.

http://www.hsapinball.com/HSA_PINBALL/hsa49.html BOP after pictures, but does great work!

http://www.hsapinball.com/HSA_PINBALL/hsa31BOP.html Something about a rare coating on this one.

#57 11 years ago

I may have to check them out now that my original plan is out. Maybe I could locate a nice PF for sale or one that I could work on a little at a time and then do the swap after I finished it.

Call me crazy but I think the clear heart insert is really cool looking on the proto board.

#58 11 years ago

Scuba Steve - I found the paint. I actually have enough for multiple machines I bet as it didn't take much to touch those areas up. It is not a perfect match by any means and may not match yours as you may have more or less fade but if you want it just send me your address and I'll have it shiped out to you.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 9.99
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 27.95
£ 69.00
Playfield - Other
PinballToys

3,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Memphis, TN
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
DevilsMuse Arcade

$ 40.00
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

$ 1.25
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Westminster, MA
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Albany, NY
$ 9.95
£ 58.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.95
$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

There are 58 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/high-end-restore-on-bop-worth-it/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.