(Topic ID: 244043)

I was wrong. I'll own it, learn from it, and move on.

By jeffro01

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 209 posts
  • 102 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by orangegsx
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

dont look at it (resized).jpg
    sense thread (resized).jpg
    20190511_204222 (resized).jpg
    20190531_082222 (resized).jpg
    8BE8F32F-F318-44A8-BC69-E668D139B1D5 (resized).png
    daretocompare02 (resized).jpg
    18581302._SX540_ (resized).jpg
    LittleBritainYeahButNoBut (resized).png
    i-said-good-day-sir (resized).jpg
    everything-is-fine-nothing-to-see-here-please-disperse (resized).jpg
    ACFA33DF-9AEB-478A-A9CE-70D7D8A7159D (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mof.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#61 4 years ago

Price is a reflection of scarcity as well.
    How many HEP TAFs are for sale at this moment?

ONE (I presume)

Price @ $10,500 doesn't even reflect how unobtanium this specific item is at this moment, imo.
    -mof

#78 4 years ago
    Quoted from usandthem:

"the way he was treated" during the interactions.

Seriously? We got ourselves a mind-reader here.

What each one of us reads into the "tone" of an email is completely invented with the imagination and is subjective, since we can't hear the seller or buyer speak these words or see their body language to even get a qualified good guess...

I read it 3x over just to be sure, and I didn't see "any punches thrown" objectively by the seller. I know the seller personally, so I hear his voice when I read it, and I know how helpful he often is, so I am imagining a helpful to the point tone.

People get to pick and choose if/when they react to others -- I'd say the worst place to gamble with reacting -- is in email/text. So much is left to your subjective feelings that day. I recommend saving reactions to phone conversations where you can at least hear the tone, or better yet -- in person...

Good day sirs.
    -mof

#191 4 years ago
    Quoted from russdx:

picture book of the restore photos?

This is a good idea for a restorer, since a restorer can do a wide range of work on a machine. The initial buyer knows what he's getting since he's watching the pic-stream from afar and enjoying the process, but what happens when the pin changes hands once or twice? Or the pics change location on the server?

50/100/200 hours are different levels of service and will be priced/valued differently. It would make sense for future buyers/sellers to have access to itemized work that was done whether it's a checklist, or a picture book. I would prefer an itemized checklist included with my machine, since it travels better than "online pics" which may or may not be there in 10 years.

-mof

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mof.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/high-end-restorations-lol?tu=mof and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.