(Topic ID: 244043)

I was wrong. I'll own it, learn from it, and move on.

By jeffro01

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 209 posts
  • 102 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by orangegsx
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

dont look at it (resized).jpg
    sense thread (resized).jpg
    20190511_204222 (resized).jpg
    20190531_082222 (resized).jpg
    8BE8F32F-F318-44A8-BC69-E668D139B1D5 (resized).png
    daretocompare02 (resized).jpg
    18581302._SX540_ (resized).jpg
    LittleBritainYeahButNoBut (resized).png
    i-said-good-day-sir (resized).jpg
    everything-is-fine-nothing-to-see-here-please-disperse (resized).jpg
    ACFA33DF-9AEB-478A-A9CE-70D7D8A7159D (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jeffro01.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#1 4 years ago

Okay so I saw this CL post that's local to me as I've been looking for an Addams Family to add to my collection...

sfbay.craigslist.org link

$10,500 is quite high for a Addams Family so I emailed the seller to offer a more reasonable price in the $7K range... Turns out the seller is a self-appointed expert in "high-end" restorations and was quite rude regarding my offer.

Just curious what others around here think about this... Seller says they have over $7K invested in said "high-end" restoration which to me is just nuts... It's not even a "gold" Addams Family...

Jeff

#16 4 years ago
    Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

This guy was out of line. Not me. You guys want to see the emails?

I approached you with a fair value and you insulted me, this is how you operate?

Whatever post what you want, it's still an Addams Family standard...

Jeff

#19 4 years ago

I don't see the value in a specific kind of restoration done by a specific person, at the end of the day the machine is the machine. Flame me if you must.

Jeff

#23 4 years ago
    Quoted from eyeamred2u:

Take it on the chin, you made "an offer" that wasn't accepted. Move on. Not all offers have to be accepted.

That part I'm totally in agreement with. I can admit when I'm wrong. I didn't come here to pound on the seller, I came here to ask the community what they thought. Community says I'm in the wrong.

Jeff

#42 4 years ago
    Quoted from pinghetto:

If I were the OP, I'd beg the mods to delete this thread. People are so quick to attack without knowing what the hell they are talking about. Next time do some research first...
    Brian

At this point, let people pile on. I'm not going to say anything else, flame me, call me what you will. I came to ask, got hammered and that's life...

Jeff

#54 4 years ago
    Quoted from High_End_Pins:

I personally think if the title were
    High End Restorations? you would have faired better than “High End “Restorations...LOL
    Sometimes it is just the presentation that sets the tone here.
    Anyway I am sure you will have no problem finding a TAF that meets your budget and requirements and if you are new at this it is an easy mistake to make.

You're probably right, I can admit when I'm wrong. It's okay, I have thick skin. I could have done without the posting of the thread for simple embarrassment reasons but again, that's life. I appreciate all of the comments both positive and negative. I'd apologize to the seller privately for the dumbass line as clearly I was the dumbass but I felt like I was treated rudely and responded, but I am not thrilled the person thought posting our conversation was appropriate so I'm not sure what to do.

I'm not perfect... Such is life...

Jeff

#62 4 years ago
    Quoted from cosmokramer:

Time to hug it out....

FWIW, I apologized privately.

Jeff

#63 4 years ago

My reputation is important to me. You chose to make the matter public. I chose to respond with transparency. I'd do it again.
    @ HEP
    Your work is phenomenal. This Addams is the crown jewel of my collection.
    @ OP
    Addams is one of the greatest pins ever. Don't be put off from getting one.
    I wanted to try and sell this pin locally first to avoid shipping, but given the attention from this thread I'll throw it up in the Marketplace today.

I didn't know who you were nor did anyone else but I understand your point of why you decided to post. I'm not mad, I can admit when I'm wrong. It's okay.

Jeff

#83 4 years ago

You'd be surprised. It's a small community. Many locals know that's my location and my ad. One of whom alerted me to this thread as soon as you started it. What you post and whom you're posting about matters.

Fair enough. I learned something today, I'll take that any day. People can think whatever they want to think of this thread and our interaction. I made several mistakes, it happens. I've owned it, haven't hid from it. I'm an honest person who doesn't normally lash out like that but that doesn't change the fact that I did.

Life goes on. Maybe someday we'll bump into each other shake hands and have a laugh, maybe not. Either way, thank you for your time responding to me privately.

Jeff

#87 4 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

What I learned today is future people will "pull a Jeff" on a pricing issue.
    Ain't the worst thing to have something named after you!

I'll admit, I laughed out loud a little reading that...

Jeff

#90 4 years ago
    Quoted from Leeb18509:

Are you actually interested in an Addam's Family Gold?

Yes, that and standard TAF.

Jeff

#91 4 years ago
    Quoted from shovelhed:

In this hobby, you have to do your research. Norcal is very well known, has a excellent reputation, and even a better guy. If I had the funds I wouldn’t bat a eye and buy sight unseen. Simply Norcal is a straight shooter a old school handshake kind of guy. His word, reputation and business is top notch. Next time loose your pinball police badge and do some real detective work before you come on a public forum trying to bash one of the good ones.
    Harley D.

Noted. I had no idea who I was dealing with to be fair. No, that does not excuse my behavior or actions but it is important to keep that in mind for what it's worth.

Thanks,
    Jeff

#103 4 years ago
    Quoted from jkleinnd:

Yes this exactly!... is where it went off the rails.
    You get one shot. Just make your offer- low, or low-ball, or inappropriately low because you don't know what a HEP is, whatever. If it's rejected respectfully, as NorCal did, it's over. Anything after that, other than making a higher offer, is just arguing. Why?
    Personally, HEPs are too much work/ cost for my needs, so I actually agree with you, Op! But it's got its deep pocket fans. So be it.

Fair point. Many mistakes were made on my part.

Jeff

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jeffro01.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/high-end-restorations-lol?tu=jeffro01 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.