(Topic ID: 244043)

I was wrong. I'll own it, learn from it, and move on.

By jeffro01

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 209 posts
  • 102 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by orangegsx
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

dont look at it (resized).jpg
    sense thread (resized).jpg
    20190511_204222 (resized).jpg
    20190531_082222 (resized).jpg
    8BE8F32F-F318-44A8-BC69-E668D139B1D5 (resized).png
    daretocompare02 (resized).jpg
    18581302._SX540_ (resized).jpg
    LittleBritainYeahButNoBut (resized).png
    i-said-good-day-sir (resized).jpg
    everything-is-fine-nothing-to-see-here-please-disperse (resized).jpg
    ACFA33DF-9AEB-478A-A9CE-70D7D8A7159D (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider high_end_pins.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#22 4 years ago

$10.5k is absolutely in line. I couldn’t build one today for that with a base game costing $5500 and up now.
    You can’t get leather on a vinyl budget unfortunately.
    You will have to lower your standards ,do the work yourself or increase your offer.

#50 4 years ago
    Quoted from jeffro01:

At this point, let people pile on. I'm not going to say anything else, flame me, call me what you will. I came to ask, got hammered and that's life...
    Jeff

I personally think if the title were
    High End Restorations? you would have fared better than “High End “Restorations...LOL

Sometimes it is just the presentation that sets the tone here.
    Anyway I am sure you will have no problem finding a TAF that meets your budget and requirements and if you are new at this it is an easy mistake to make.

#108 4 years ago
    Quoted from KozMckPinball:

"I was wrong. I'll own it, learn from it, and move on."
    So far you've done everything in the thread title except the "move on" part. Question for HEP: Are your restorations done for a specific customer negotiated pin and price only or do you restore a pin and then look for a buyer? If the former, then resale value of a particular pin is really not an issue with your business model at all I think. If the latter, I'd concentrate on restoring IJ TPA's exclusively. Many of us would pay for that I think.

Op seems like a good guy he sent me an email which was cool.
    I personally don’t stress about these type of threads too much. I have been doing this full time for 15 years and have become the poster child for this type of work. It has created a sort of fan base and haters as well. When these types of threads pop up I already know how it is going to go.
    The people that like and appreciate what I do are going to defend it and the haters are going to find any angle possible to take a shot at it.
    The real outcome is typically nothing good or bad just some extra attention or drama to contend with.

Got to take the good with the bad and there is WAY more good than bad for me.
    Every single thing you see in this gallery was done for hire and I had to quit adding to it about two years ago so that says a lot.
    http://christopherhutchins.com/gallery/albums.php
    As far as my business model. I don’t sell games or restore them on speculation.
    What I do is provide a service restoring games supplied to me or sourcing games for someone to be restored to order. With my workload and output it doesn’t make any sense to get into the buying and selling of games or worrying about what they are worth.
    My time is best spent just trying to turn whatever is sent into the nicest example I possibly can and charge a reasonable fee for the time,resources and knowledge I am providing.

#161 4 years ago
    Quoted from Stuieb84:

I think that HEP do a superb job with fine craftsmanship and I don't question the pricing associated with this work, as I see it as worth the "value" rather than dollars to me as a pinball enthusiast.
    The one thing that I will say though is that I had an abrupt/unpleasant customer experience with them. I had asked about if they ship to Australia, or could replace the power supply converter (at my cost) and they were very abrupt that they will "only sell American pinball to American customers".
    When you factor in the price of a HEP, with shipping overseas and the Australian dollar conversion rate, I wasn't afraid to pay appropriately for a full HEP restore, but the company wasn't interested in overseas customers and shipping process.

I think you are confusing me with someone else.
    I am an individual not a they. Probably thinking of someone else.
    There is a company that does everything they can to try and confuse the market place.
    Tricky wording,utilizing my search names etc.
    I couldn’t care less though because I already have a full plate so anyone taken in by it is someone that doesn’t know exactly what they are looking for.

#171 4 years ago
    Quoted from Stuieb84:

I apologise if I have you mixed up with someone else. I don't want to inadvertently tarnish the reputation of the wrong person

Thanks. I was two for two on that.

#203 4 years ago
    Quoted from orangegsx:

I think you did a little research you wouldn’t have yapped your trap about something you know nothing about. A “pinball collector” but unfamiliar with HEP? Sheesh

It isn’t unusual for newer people not to know anything about HEP or many other things we are well versed in over time.
    I think my first post on RGP almost 20 years ago was bitching about Marcos flat rate shipping charges after just ordering $6 worth of parts.
    They ate me alive that day

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider high_end_pins.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/high-end-restorations-lol?tu=high_end_pins and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.