(Topic ID: 244043)

I was wrong. I'll own it, learn from it, and move on.

By jeffro01

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 209 posts
  • 102 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by orangegsx
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

dont look at it (resized).jpg
    sense thread (resized).jpg
    20190511_204222 (resized).jpg
    20190531_082222 (resized).jpg
    8BE8F32F-F318-44A8-BC69-E668D139B1D5 (resized).png
    daretocompare02 (resized).jpg
    18581302._SX540_ (resized).jpg
    LittleBritainYeahButNoBut (resized).png
    i-said-good-day-sir (resized).jpg
    everything-is-fine-nothing-to-see-here-please-disperse (resized).jpg
    ACFA33DF-9AEB-478A-A9CE-70D7D8A7159D (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider forceflow.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#18 4 years ago
    Quoted from jeffro01:

$10,500 is quite high for a Addams Family so I emailed the seller to offer a more reasonable price in the $7K range... Turns out the seller is a self-appointed expert in "high-end" restorations and was quite rude regarding my offer.

Just curious what others around here think about this... Seller says they have over $7K invested in said "high-end" restoration which to me is just nuts... It's not even a "gold" Addams Family...

A $10k price tag for a game restored by HEP is about the norm, even though it's higher than the typical price range for that title. That's just because of the amount of work and new parts/materials that go into it to make it look as new/mint as possible.

I would suggest that you look at some of the restoration threads posted by High_End_Pins to get an idea of what is done to a game that he restores. It is well beyond a typical shop job or teardown that most people do.

#29 4 years ago
    Quoted from jeffro01:

I don't see the value in a specific kind of restoration done by a specific person, at the end of the day the machine is the machine. Flame me if you must.
    Jeff

It's not about the specific person per say, but the work that has been done to it.

Like I said, it's way beyond a typical refurbishment. I highly suggest taking a look at HEP's restoration threads to see what is actually done to games. Brand new cabinets with new stencils/decals, full playfield restoration or replacement with clear coating, all metal parts polished to a mirror finish, and much more.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider forceflow.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/high-end-restorations-lol?tu=forceflow and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.