(Topic ID: 244043)

I was wrong. I'll own it, learn from it, and move on.

By jeffro01

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 209 posts
  • 102 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by orangegsx
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

dont look at it (resized).jpg
    sense thread (resized).jpg
    20190511_204222 (resized).jpg
    20190531_082222 (resized).jpg
    8BE8F32F-F318-44A8-BC69-E668D139B1D5 (resized).png
    daretocompare02 (resized).jpg
    18581302._SX540_ (resized).jpg
    LittleBritainYeahButNoBut (resized).png
    i-said-good-day-sir (resized).jpg
    everything-is-fine-nothing-to-see-here-please-disperse (resized).jpg
    ACFA33DF-9AEB-478A-A9CE-70D7D8A7159D (resized).jpeg

This topic is closed.

There are 209 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 5.
    #152 4 years ago

$20k by Christmas....

#153 4 years ago

I love how he refers to it as just a standard Addams Family. A game like this is easily worth the money to someone in the market for it. My question is, how much would a HEP restored gold sell for....15k,18k,...25k?

#154 4 years ago

And 154 posts covers it. Thread over!

#155 4 years ago
    8BE8F32F-F318-44A8-BC69-E668D139B1D5 (resized).png8BE8F32F-F318-44A8-BC69-E668D139B1D5 (resized).png
    #156 4 years ago

This horse is dead.

#158 4 years ago

@jeffro01 good on you to admit when you were wrong, not a lot of people have that ability. There’s a difference between stupidity and being uneducated. It seems like you’ve learned a bit more about pinball and have moved forward. I don’t get why There’re so many comments from the peanut gallery today, it’s not even a Monday.

#159 4 years ago

I think that HEP do a superb job with fine craftsmanship and I don't question the pricing associated with this work, as I see it as worth the "value" rather than dollars to me as a pinball enthusiast.

The one thing that I will say though is that I had an abrupt/unpleasant customer experience with them. I had asked about if they ship to Australia, or could replace the power supply converter (at my cost) and they were very abrupt that they will "only sell American pinball to American customers".

When you factor in the price of a HEP, with shipping overseas and the Australian dollar conversion rate, I wasn't afraid to pay appropriately for a full HEP restore, but the company wasn't interested in overseas customers and shipping process.

#160 4 years ago
    Quoted from RWH:

so why not everyone else???????????

Like I said before, We pinheads have become bored! And need a good poke, no offense to OP or seller, seems they have it figured out. But now we as responsible pinheads need to turn this into a fun thread.
    To Seller, would you take 9G for it with out the legs?

#161 4 years ago
    Quoted from Stuieb84:

I think that HEP do a superb job with fine craftsmanship and I don't question the pricing associated with this work, as I see it as worth the "value" rather than dollars to me as a pinball enthusiast.
    The one thing that I will say though is that I had an abrupt/unpleasant customer experience with them. I had asked about if they ship to Australia, or could replace the power supply converter (at my cost) and they were very abrupt that they will "only sell American pinball to American customers".
    When you factor in the price of a HEP, with shipping overseas and the Australian dollar conversion rate, I wasn't afraid to pay appropriately for a full HEP restore, but the company wasn't interested in overseas customers and shipping process.

I think you are confusing me with someone else.
    I am an individual not a they. Probably thinking of someone else.
    There is a company that does everything they can to try and confuse the market place.
    Tricky wording,utilizing my search names etc.
    I couldn’t care less though because I already have a full plate so anyone taken in by it is someone that doesn’t know exactly what they are looking for.

#162 4 years ago
    Quoted from Stuieb84:

"only sell American pinball to American customers".

Nothing about that statement has a ring of truth to it. I can not imagine HEP responding in that manner. I could see them telling you they do not ship pins overseas etc., but not with the added prejudiced comment (only sell American pinball to American customers).

#163 4 years ago
    Quoted from hank527:

I'll trade you for it.
    Maybe a 2 do 1 or a 1 for 1 plus cash.
    I have a TNA butter cab.

Feel free to PM me with some possible cash + trade offers.

#164 4 years ago
    Quoted from High_End_Pins:

I think you are confusing me with someone else.
    I am an individual not a they. Probably thinking of someone else.
    There is a company that does everything they can to try and confuse the market place.
    Tricky wording,utilizing my search names etc.
    I couldn’t care less though because I already have a full plate so anyone taken in by it is someone that doesn’t know exactly what they are looking for.

I apologise if I have you mixed up with someone else. I don't want to inadvertently tarnish the reputation of the wrong person

#165 4 years ago
    Quoted from RWH:

Nothing about that statement has a ring of truth to it. I can not imagine HEP responding in that manner. I could see them telling you they do not ship pins overseas etc., but not with the added prejudiced comment (only sell American pinball to American customers).

I erased my email address (for obvious reasons). Here is a screenshot of the email for transparency. If I have inadvertently attributed this email to the wrong person, then I apologise.
    At the end of the day, I'm just recanting a customer service experience - I want their business to do well because they sell a high end product

20190531_082222 (resized).jpg20190531_082222 (resized).jpg
    #166 4 years ago

That’s not HEP.

#167 4 years ago
    Quoted from Stuieb84:

I erased my email address (for obvious reasons). Here is a screenshot of the email for transparency. If I have inadvertently attributed this email to the wrong person, then I apologise.
    At the end of the day, I'm just recanting a customer service experience - I want their business to do well because they sell a high end product

I will apologize to you for jumping so quickly; however, I see now that what they meant was they only sell pins made in America to US customers because they do not convert. Sorry I doubted you and spoke out of line.

#168 4 years ago
    Quoted from Stuieb84:

At the end of the day, I'm just recanting a customer service experience - I want their business to do well because they sell a high end product[quoted image]

How did you confused "the pinball company" with "HEP"?! They don't even rhyme.

#169 4 years ago

I just missed it thinking they were their distributor for incoming orders. I better quit smoking and go play some pinball!

#170 4 years ago
    Quoted from Stuieb84:

At the end of the day, I'm just recanting a customer service experience - I want their business to do well because they sell a high end product[quoted image]

Dude... you slam a company because they are playing by the rules? And confuse them with another company that has nothing to do with the first?

Distributors are not allowed to sell out of their territory. It's part of their agreement with the manufacturer.

#171 4 years ago
    Quoted from Stuieb84:

I apologise if I have you mixed up with someone else. I don't want to inadvertently tarnish the reputation of the wrong person

Thanks. I was two for two on that.

#172 4 years ago
    Quoted from yzfguy:

How did you confused "the pinball company" with "HEP"?! They don't even rhyme.

Well hey, it happens

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-terminator-2-judgment-day-williams-1991-2011/page/4#post-3092653

#173 4 years ago
    Quoted from RWH:

I will apologize to you for jumping so quickly; however, I see now that what they meant was they only sell pins made in America to US customers because they do not convert. Sorry I doubted you and spoke out of line.

Quoted from flynnibus:

Dude... you slam a company because they are playing by the rules? And confuse them with another company that has nothing to do with the first?
    Distributors are not allowed to sell out of their territory. It's part of their agreement with the manufacturer.

I was talking about the restoration of a used pinball.
    I don't wish any harm on 'the pinball company'. I was just recasting a customer service experience. As I said, I want their company to do well, as they sell high end products

#175 4 years ago

My best so far. Leaving my mark, so to speak.
    20190511_204222 (resized).jpg20190511_204222 (resized).jpg

#176 4 years ago

This threads got nine lives and we are only on the third one.

sense thread (resized).jpgsense thread (resized).jpg

#177 4 years ago

Oh but it does make CENTS!

#178 4 years ago

I’ll throw some gas on the fire and empathize with the OP. The term “High End Pin” to someone that is unfamiliar with your professional product and company could easily assume that it was just a descriptive marketing term. For the community to flame someone because they didn’t immediately recognizing your work or company, it is depressing.

If I told you I had professionally rebuilt muscle car for sale, would you automatically assume the companies name to be “Professionally Rebuilt”? I wouldn’t; I would just assume that it was a term used to inform the buyer that it’s a quality rebuild job.

Nothing against HEP. It just takes a minute to associate his work to the term “high end”, and then it takes a minute more to learn that you cannot say that something in pinball is “high end” Unless it is your work.

***just sitting around getting high end by myself right now.

#179 4 years ago

This thread is worn out.

#180 4 years ago
    Quoted from Luckydogg420:

I’ll throw some gas on the fire and empathize with the OP. The term “High End Pin” to someone that is unfamiliar with your professional product and company could easily assume that it was just a descriptive marketing term. For the community to flame someone because they didn’t immediately recognizing your work or company, it is depressing.
    If I told you I had professionally rebuilt muscle car for sale, would you automatically assume the companies name to be “Professionally Rebuilt”? I wouldn’t; I would just assume that it was a term used to inform the buyer that it’s a quality rebuild job.
    Nothing against HEP. It just takes a minute to associate his work to the term “high end”, and then it takes a minute more to learn that you cannot say that something in pinball is “high end” Unless it is your work.
    ***just sitting around getting high end by myself right now.

On top of that it all stems from a Craigslist ad that doesn't exactly link to a particular Pinside resume. Hell, there could be an entire sub-forum just for CL wackos, buying and selling. OP is mostly guilty of not knowing what a small world pinball is.

#181 4 years ago

i used to have faith in humanity.

#182 4 years ago
    Quoted from rott:

i used to have faith in humanity.

Are you new to the internet?

#183 4 years ago
    Quoted from RyanStl:

Yes, but when does the HEP wear off and then it's just marketing?

Never, the guys paying for HEP don't play their games, they just turn them on, look at them and talk about them. (more gas for the fire)

On a serious note. I would guess that it being a HEP will always be carried with the machine (worth mentioning in a sale regardless of how long ago), but just like any other machine it will wear and age over time. So condition will be a factor. In other words, don't buy a HEP site unseen on the name alone.

#184 4 years ago

do HEP games come with some sort of HEP certificate? or maybe a picture book of the restore photos? (I no there is a branding on the pf) might help with conveying its value and why its valued more then a regular pin.

#185 4 years ago
    Quoted from pinstyle:

Never, the guys paying for HEP don't play their games, they just turn them on, look at them and talk about them

Nah! I have one and play it everyday. Statements like this fall into the everybody, nobody, always never category.

#186 4 years ago
    Quoted from russdx:

do HEP games come with some sort of HEP certificate? or maybe a picture book of the restore photos? (I no there is a branding on the pf) might help with conveying its value and why its valued more then a regular pin.

Don't need it. You take one look and you know it is a High End Restoration. He puts his label under the lock bar on lock unit.

#187 4 years ago
    Quoted from pinstyle:

Never, the guys paying for HEP don't play their games, they just turn them on, look at them and talk about them. (more gas for the fire)

dont look at it (resized).jpgdont look at it (resized).jpg

#188 4 years ago

This threads got nine lives and we are only on the third one.

4th now that it was resurrected! I would hope that the purchaser would receive a nice tote bag with purchase!

#189 4 years ago
    Quoted from russdx:

The bottom of the playfield is branded. You can see it in pictures in this thread.

LTG : )

#190 4 years ago

Any bets the OP has already drained the thread and moved on?

#191 4 years ago
    Quoted from russdx:

picture book of the restore photos?

This is a good idea for a restorer, since a restorer can do a wide range of work on a machine. The initial buyer knows what he's getting since he's watching the pic-stream from afar and enjoying the process, but what happens when the pin changes hands once or twice? Or the pics change location on the server?

50/100/200 hours are different levels of service and will be priced/valued differently. It would make sense for future buyers/sellers to have access to itemized work that was done whether it's a checklist, or a picture book. I would prefer an itemized checklist included with my machine, since it travels better than "online pics" which may or may not be there in 10 years.

-mof

#192 4 years ago
    Quoted from Leeb18509:

On top of that it all stems from a Craigslist ad that doesn't exactly link to a particular Pinside resume. Hell, there could be an entire sub-forum just for CL wackos, buying and selling. OP is mostly guilty of not knowing what a small world pinball is.

Pinball world will get smaller as time goes on

#193 4 years ago
    Quoted from jfesler:

Any bets the OP has already drained the thread and moved on?

He may have. But the URL remains forever even with the title change.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/high-end-restorations-lol/page/4#post-5021997

LTG : )

#194 4 years ago

Oh he is there, watching us devolve into mindless pinheads!

#195 4 years ago

Took a deposit on the HEP Addams this morning.

#196 4 years ago
    Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Took a deposit on the HEP Addams this morning.

I hope the buyer is aware that it's not a Gold, but a standard.

#197 4 years ago

Nothing standard about a HEP!! It's just not gold plated! If you that much into gold @crazylevi, why don't you get yourself one of them fancy yellow brick road jobbers!

#198 4 years ago

Levi is joking.
    Anyways, I've always heard that TAF Gold is not all that, especially for home use. The code at least.

#199 4 years ago
    Quoted from jkleinnd:Levi is joking.
    Anyways, I've always heard that TAF Gold is not all that, especially for home use. The code at least.
    #200 4 years ago
    Quoted from Sinistarrett:

This horse is dead.

At this point you could sell the horse as ground hamburger meat.

There are 209 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 5.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/high-end-restorations-lol/page/4?hl=hockeymag8 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.