Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 16 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by bigehrl
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 10 years ago

I keep reading about these high end playfield clear jobs and was wondering if having this done to a NOS LOTR playfield would be a good idea. I won't be putting it into a game but using it as wall art with that light kit (can't remember who it's by just now) to light up the inserts. What would the cost be. Any and all opinions welcome. Thanks

#2 10 years ago

I do not think that there is any need to clearcoat a playfield, which is intended to be used as wall-art. Clearcoating is used to protect your playfield from the physical stress caused by the ball running and hitting on the playfield surface while you are playing.

#3 10 years ago

Your looking at around $400 + shipping for the highest of quality.

John P. Dayhuff
    Battle Creek, MI.
    269-979-3836

#4 10 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

I won't be putting it into a game but using it as wall art

You want to clearcoat it, just to hang it on the wall???

#5 10 years ago

Doesn't matter what you do with it, the person doing the clear still has to make there money regardless of what happens to the playfield after that.....which is not his concern. You could pay for a cheaper quality but its like the old saying, you get what you pay for.

John P. Dayhuff
    Battle Creek, Mi.
    269-979-3836

#6 10 years ago
    Quoted from Dayhuff:

Your looking at around $400 + shipping for the highest of quality.
    John P. Dayhuff
    Battle Creek, MI.
    269-979-3836

You don't need to spend $400. $250ish can get you something beautiful.

#7 10 years ago

It's a good idea if you are going to install it. There is little reason to spend to $$ otherwise unless you are for sure about buying one and doing a restore, and having a PF ready to go right away.

#8 10 years ago

Clearcoat it only if you have money to burn. For wall art it's a waste.
    Just my 2 credits

#9 10 years ago

Again, you get what you pay for.

John P. Dayhuff
    Battle Creek, Mi.
    269-979-3836

#10 10 years ago
    Quoted from Dayhuff:

Again, you get what you pay for.
    John P. Dayhuff
    Battle Creek, Mi.
    269-979-3836

I completely disagree. I'll put my $250 one up against your $400 one all day long.

#11 10 years ago

Bring it on.

John P. Dayhuff
    Battle Creek, Mi.
    269-979-3836

#12 10 years ago
    Quoted from Dayhuff:

Bring it on.
    John P. Dayhuff
    Battle Creek, Mi.
    269-979-3836

LOL

Just because you spend $400, John, doesn't mean that's what it takes to get one done right.

#13 10 years ago

Maybe not. But all the ones I've seen at a cheaper price are of lesser quality. Not saying thats always the case, just basicing it off what I've seen.

John P. Dayhuff
    Battle Creek, Mi.
    269-979-3836

#14 10 years ago
    Quoted from Dayhuff:

Maybe not. But all the ones I've seen at a cheaper price are of lesser quality. Not saying thats always the case, just basicing it off what I've seen.
    John P. Dayhuff
    Battle Creek, Mi.
    269-979-3836

and i saw $400 clear job looking like $200. but then again i saw $100 clear kicking $500 clear job in the a$$.
    it's all about how and who does the job.

#15 10 years ago

Hijack

What does a person charge to swap playfields?

I'd like to clear my TSPP, FGY & LOTR

#16 10 years ago
    Quoted from PW79:

Hijack
    What does a person charge to swap playfields?
    I'd like to clear my TSPP, FGY & LOTR

u should contact Doug huse of "let's play pinball" in ct. He does some great work.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/high-end-clear-job-on-a-nos-playfield and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.