IMG_7654 (resized).jpg
IMG_7606 (resized).jpeg
33326834-35C1-426D-9901-6ACEF10A012A (resized).jpeg
IMG_7581 (resized).jpeg
20200808_121750 (resized).jpg
IMG_7568 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7550 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7503 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider srcdube.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#53 3 years ago

following

1 month later
#55 3 years ago

Just seeing this now ... still working on the spreadsheet of relays. Learning a lot just thinking through the logic of why switches are where they are and what they are doing. Hoping to finish it up and make it available to TA owners.

Re the bumpers being held down ... trusting that you are immediately powering off when it happens so you don’t burn out the coils. I ran into that when I was trying to get a bit more kick out of them and adjusting the end of strike switches open up as late as possible. Turns out the EOS switches are in parallel which results in both bumpers held down if EITHER of them don’t release the eos switch.

If you manually pull down the poppers (Power off) you will find those switches actuated as the popper gets to the end of its stroke. One of them must not be opening up enough.

#58 3 years ago
Quoted from Boslaw:

The reason I think the coil stops may be magnetized is that the coils don't seem to be energized when the poppers get stuck down. They don't buzz or anything. Also, when they get stuck down, a press of the flipper button releases them (don't really understand why that happens).
Phil-lee - Thanks! Was a great covid project

Interesting. Not sure if there are sleeves in popper coils, will check mine. If so possibly damaged or dirty. Flippers may be providing just enough vibration to let them go. Are both stuck down or only one? If both I’d still say it’s electrical.

Could maybe be the relay switch that holds on coils (P I think?) aren’t totally disengaging and your getting a small bit of current going to the coils ? If they stick down with the playfield up, turn off the room lights and see if there’s any electrical arcing in a relay somewhere. I’m not in front of my schematics but there is a relay that is turned in to power them (bumpers don’t have that). Thinking P but could be wrong.

Hitting the flipper may be drawing enough current to break the circuit in an slight arcing situation.

If you have a meter you could also measure to see if you’re getting a little trickle voltage on the coils when they are stuck on.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider srcdube.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hideous-target-alpha-playfield-needs-art?tu=srcdube and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.