• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

429290_10150611748881724_1192093659_n..jpg
340430_10150414280076724_1335158766_o..jpg
#1 11 years ago

Hi folks, I'm from Scotland and have a Twilight Zone, had it for about 15 years. The clock is a bit ropey (gonna get a new led board for it) but otherwise it is in great condition, a bit faded on the sides but hey ho, we're all gettin' old!
Just bought an LED kit for it, dunno if this is sacrilege for the TZ purists but whatever, I'll give it a go.
I used to post on rec.games.pinball years ago, kinda lost interest, but still got the pin and never sell it! Looking forward to being part of the forum, cheers

#2 11 years ago

Welcome aboard!

#3 11 years ago

Hey, welcome... glad you found us
a friend of mine is from New Farm Loch Kilmarnoch and her mom and brother still live there...

#5 11 years ago

Hello!

#6 11 years ago

Hello and welcome!

#7 11 years ago
Quoted from APOLLO_13:

Hey, welcome... glad you found us
a friend of mine is from New Farm Loch Kilmarnoch and her mom and brother still live there...

I used to live in Kilmarnock, early '70's

#9 11 years ago

In the late '70's my parents moved to a seaside holiday town, and yes loads of arcades, so I basically grew up in the heyday of the video games and pins. I lived in the arcades, as I'm sure many here did..
Loved all the old vids, but the pins were always something special, and I always thought how good it would be to own something like that!
I always wanted a Space Invader pin too, the size of it and the noise and the backbox, at the time...
A bit slow now maybe, but I would still like a nice one to keep.
With an immaculate Williams Defender, in the games room, heh

#10 11 years ago

Welcome to pinside. Post some pics of your TZ before and after the LED's.

#11 11 years ago

HOLA yea get some pictures up of your game.. we can pick it apart and tell you where to spend more money on it!

#12 11 years ago

We had LEDs in ours, and it looked great! But yeah, it's a matter of preference, and LEDs are a love/hate matter.

#13 11 years ago

Obviously it is a heat matter and it maybe less current strain on the 'ol circuit boards, but there is something to like about the old bulbs? I don't like things too 'digital' ..?

#14 11 years ago

Ok

340430_10150414280076724_1335158766_o..jpg340430_10150414280076724_1335158766_o..jpg

#15 11 years ago

Not a good pic

#16 11 years ago

welcome to the best pinball community

#17 11 years ago

I did my a13 totally... lotr I put in a few here and there, along with dr.who, and star trek 25th...
those things can be really bright in a multi mode or bonus mode... a13 almost blinds you when it goes into 13 ball multiball lol

#18 11 years ago

I want to get my clock fixed properly, sometimes it works, other times I get a dot, has to be fixed with a new LED board.

#19 11 years ago

I wondered why this was happening?
Hah, worn rubber.

429290_10150611748881724_1192093659_n..jpg429290_10150611748881724_1192093659_n..jpg

#20 11 years ago

It's amazing what the heat of the lamps do to the rubber, all replaced now but it is a thought that LED's are a good way to go..

#21 11 years ago

that's almost as good as the balrog ball capture shot...
shown on link: Freak shot on Lord of the Rings

#22 11 years ago

Ah, a good old Scottish lad! Welcome!!! What a history-rich country you live in. I love to read about England and Scotland history.

I've got LED's in my TZ. I feel the game runs much cooler and puts less stress on it. Plus, it brightens it up considerably.

I had a clock issue once also. It was caused by battery acid that leaked on that board the battery box was attached to. Make sure the board has no issues before paying for new clock components. Once I had the board cleaned and repaired my clock worked fine.

Mike in Kentucky, USA

#23 11 years ago

Love the LEDs in my TZ as well. The inserts are much brighter and I put some color changing ones in the back box so the doorway behind Mr. Serling is glowing.

#24 11 years ago
Quoted from Pintucky:

Ah, a good old Scottish lad! Welcome!!! What a history-rich country you live in. I love to read about England and Scotland history.
I've got LED's in my TZ. I feel the game runs much cooler and puts less stress on it. Plus, it brightens it up considerably.
I had a clock issue once also. It was caused by battery acid that leaked on that board the battery box was attached to. Make sure the board has no issues before paying for new clock components. Once I had the board cleaned and repaired my clock worked fine.
Mike in Kentucky, USA

Heh, I live in Fife, just over the bridge from Edinburgh and not far from St Andrews (for the golfers).
I have a remote battery holder, so that is not a problem, the heat from the bulbs in the clock has obviously fried the opto's in the clock, even though it has had holes drilled in it before, but I'll get it sorted, it's the only problem with the pinball, everything else works perfectly, I have kept it good!

#25 11 years ago

Welcome, kick up your feet and get comfy. You'll be here a while.

Scotland is in my ancestry ... so a double welcome to you at that.

Lots of fun mods for TZ. LEDs are great for inserts.

I'm still trying to master my TZ. What a great game.

Brian

#26 11 years ago

Welcome to pinside Bizland.

#27 11 years ago

Welcome! Sweet game. Be sure to write a story about how you got into pinball, or something related.

#28 11 years ago
Quoted from bizland:

Heh, I live in Fife, just over the bridge from Edinburgh and not far from St Andrews (for the golfers).
I have a remote battery holder, so that is not a problem, the heat from the bulbs in the clock has obviously fried the opto's in the clock, even though it has had holes drilled in it before, but I'll get it sorted, it's the only problem with the pinball, everything else works perfectly, I have kept it good!

Beautiful country, I was both in Edinburgh and St Andrews a couple of years ago. Looking forward to heading back.

#29 11 years ago

Welcome on Pinside - The best place to share pinball hobby

#30 11 years ago
Quoted from bizland:

It's amazing what the heat of the lamps do to the rubber, all replaced now but it is a thought that LED's are a good way to go..

Welcome Biz, I also went full led on TZ, I have a few damaged molex pins on the power driver board Im fixing tonight. Inc bulbs do nothing but destroy plastics,rubbers,and boards......I have all my games fully converted but Im sure there's a few flashers I missed here and there....

#31 11 years ago

Welcome! Great community here. Lots of help and fun too!

#32 11 years ago

Hello and welcome to Pinside, where all your worldwide pinball buddies reside!

Ken

3 weeks later
#33 11 years ago

Have you seen the door flasher mod that you can get from Pinballpro.com? Looks cool and maybe would even be neater with LEDs

#34 11 years ago

Welcome to Pinside!! TZ is a great first pin.

#35 11 years ago

Welcome to the club.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

9,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Martinez, CA
$ 79.50
$ 14.95
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 12.50
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 62.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 359.00
Playfield - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 12.95
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Corona, CA
$ 12.95
9,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Centerport, NY
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Uniontown, OH

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hi-new-here and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.