Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 40 posts
  • 19 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by RGR
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 11 years ago

At first, I would only watch PAPA vids on occasion. On the weekend, at parties, with friends, but soon I began to spiral out of control. Pretty soon I needed a steady stream of PAPA vids just to cope with day to day life, but I was managing. Then my supply ran out. I think PAPA was busted by the feds because all of the sudden I cant find their vids anywhere on the net. Now I have to scrape by with non HD cell camera videos from the seedy underbelly of youtube! I dunno how much longer I can hold out! I need a fix man!!

#2 11 years ago

I thought I was the only one...

#3 11 years ago

I love watching a Bowen tutorial on my lunch break. Sometimes it takes two lunches to finish one of his tutorials!

#4 11 years ago

Yes, missing the PAPA videos as well over here. Looking forward to watching the Pinburgh 2012 video series. I figure it's one of two things:

- Vimeo has been busted for uploading vertical videos for the last 6 weeks, maybe 7 at this point. On the surface it doesn't look like there is much concern from the Vimeo staff. See http://tinyurl.com/crtz65c (had to use tinyurl as the forums kept thinking the vimeo link was for a video) for the help topic thread. That's why the last few videos were put on YouTube.

- Commentary tracks are not ready.

I know Mark jumps on PinSide occasionally so he might chime in if he sees the thread.

#5 11 years ago

I need my fix. On the other hand, my track marks are healing nicely.

#6 11 years ago

Huh?

http://pinball.org/videos/

Works for me

On a side note... I too am addicted. I travel a lot for my job & stream the videos through my car's aux input. Often I consider taking my tv off the fireplace & laying it across one of my pins to stream full screen & pretend to be some of the epic players in the vids lol

#7 11 years ago

I think people are bemoaning the fact it has not had any updates in a few weeks.

I too look forward to any new videos. I figure they are busy with division b commentary.

#8 11 years ago

They don't post new videos there since vimeo decided to screw everything up.

http://www.youtube.com/user/PAPApinball/videos?flow=grid&view=0

#9 11 years ago

I got used to coming home and every day a new PAPA video, its like your favorite show on everyday. Then there would be a few missed days , I mean Bowen has to compete sometimes so its understandable. Then there was problems with Vimeo and You Tube and its like its now I'm missing it so I go through the ones I watched again. Shows appreciate it when theres new ones as its great stuff.

#10 11 years ago

Me too. My wife things I'm a total dork because I sit here and watch the PAPA archive and react loudly to bad drains and good saves or shots.

#11 11 years ago
    Quoted from PeteM:

Me too. My wife things I'm a total dork because I sit here and watch the PAPA archive and react loudly to bad drains and good saves or shots.

DITTO !

#12 11 years ago

I think it's just a great way to experience games I haven't played in person or have even heard of ever!

#13 11 years ago

I've watched all the videos at least once and the tutorial videos who knows how many times. I've got a fever and the only cure is more PAPA vids!

#14 11 years ago

Video added 11 hours ago. Whole division A finals. Over an hour long

#15 11 years ago

I just found out it was up! Time to chase the dragon!

#16 11 years ago

Perfect!

Something to do now...

#17 11 years ago

We should start a Bowen Kerins fan club!

#18 11 years ago

Awesome update.

#19 11 years ago

Good to see a new video and an hour long one is a bonus.

#20 11 years ago

This vid will take about 15hrs outta my life, cause i will probably watch it 15 times

#21 11 years ago

Going through serious withdrawal (both pinball and PAPA vids) over here in China. Stupid great firewall of China blocks YouTube and vimeo. Looking forward to going home (and playing pinball!) later this week.

#22 11 years ago

WP:

Great example of a Spoonerism!

Dan

#23 11 years ago

Look, I'm glad y'all are enjoying the videos. But you do understand that a tutorial is supposed to help you improve your game? I see no evidence whatsoever that any of you are improving your game. I'm seeing a bunch of guys huddled behind their monitors drinking beer and shoveling Doritos down their throats all night while watching videos. Where are the pics of epic GC scores? Where's the bragging?

Come on guys. Do the right thing. Pull yourself out of the chair and go practice. We seriously need more good players. Plus, you could use the exercise. Have you looked in a mirror lately?
    d

#24 11 years ago

"TV, my favorite excersise"

#25 11 years ago
    Quoted from phishrace:

Where are the pics of epic GC scores?

Snailman has them all and he doesn't share. "phishrace has not added any scores yet."

#26 11 years ago
    Quoted from Winball_Pizard:

"phishrace has not added any scores yet."

Honestly, if I played a little less and watched more videos, I'd probably be a better player. It would definitely help my league and tournament play anyway. Bookwork (videos) helps with those.

Today I'm trying to get new flipper button switches right on a Ripley's. Friggin switches. Once I do, I will put a severe beating on the game. I can't tell you exactly how it will happen, but it will happen. A beating will be administered. Oh yes it will.

#27 11 years ago
    Quoted from Winball_Pizard:

Snailman has them all and he doesn't share. "phishrace has not added any scores yet."

Actually, I have posted a bunch of my high scores on Pinside. But much too lazy to post pics of each one... There are just too many.

1 week later
    #28 11 years ago

I'm starting to get the shakes again! Here's a street quality vid with some lab quality commentary for my fellow addicts. One of these days I'm going to play one of these. It has a bad reputation but it looks like a fun game to me.

#29 11 years ago
    Quoted from Snailman:

Actually, I have posted a bunch of my high scores on Pinside. But much too lazy to post pics of each one... There are just too many.

Its true!

#30 11 years ago

6 9 Dinner for Two haha...never heard that before...so funny...

#31 11 years ago

I love those videos and I have learned a lot in just a month. I also drive my wife crazy with the dialogue. Brick, drain, gotta get ball control, all the trick shot lingo, commentary when the machine does not register a score...

#32 11 years ago

I've probably watched one a day since they put them up on Christmas last year.
    I snag the iPad, turn it long-ways and watch them full screen every night before I go to sleep.

sweet pinball dreams...

glad there's a support group for this now.

2 weeks later
    #33 11 years ago

More sweet jumps!

#34 11 years ago

Classic game rooms pinball reviews are also a really great way to get your video fix, and they are funny as hell.

#37 11 years ago

Rest assured, you are not the only one.

2 weeks later
    #40 11 years ago

Gotta say I think the vids are great.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hi-my-name-is-winball-pizard-and-im-a-papavidaholic and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.