1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 3 posts
  • 1 Pinsider participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Zandbroz
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screen Shot 2022-05-18 at 5.01.16 PM (resized).png
    Screen Shot 2022-05-18 at 5.01.16 PM (resized).png
    IMG_2453 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_2451 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_2452 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_2448 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_2450 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_2449 (resized).jpeg
    #1 1 year ago

I am restoring a Hi-Lo bagatelle game made by Automatic Games Co (ST.PAUL, MN). I am missing part of the mechanism used to bring balls to the plunger. There is a wood housing that is missing the wood knob that would turn the mechanism to feed the ball. There are two holes (top and bottom). Does anyone know what the part looks like? I have seen a later model from Automatic Games where the mechanism is inside the cabinet with an exterior knob that turns a wheel with top and bottom holes. On the exterior of the cabinet where the housing is attached there a two ball bearing push-ins (sorry don't know what they are called). They must have some function but not sure what.

I think I can make the part if I know what it looks like and how it functions.
    Any information is appreciated -Thanks

IMG_2449 (resized).jpegIMG_2449 (resized).jpegIMG_2450 (resized).jpegIMG_2450 (resized).jpegIMG_2448 (resized).jpegIMG_2448 (resized).jpegIMG_2452 (resized).jpegIMG_2452 (resized).jpegIMG_2451 (resized).jpegIMG_2451 (resized).jpegIMG_2453 (resized).jpegIMG_2453 (resized).jpeg
    #2 1 year ago

Update/ I found a video showing restoration of an Automatic Game Whiffle machine of the same era as my Hi-Lo. It shows a wheel with two holes that is turned buy the knob. I have attached a fuzzy screen shot from the video. I am going to make one assuming there is a slight drop on the exterior bottom of each hole to encourage the marble to drop into the cabinet hole. Note the groove in the center of the wheel -that is from the two metal pushing. Clicking over them indicates that you are at the hole. I will let yo know how it goes.

Screen Shot 2022-05-18 at 5.01.16 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2022-05-18 at 5.01.16 PM (resized).png
    #3 1 year ago

Update/ I found a video showing restoration of an Automatic Game Whiffle machine of the same era as my Hi-Lo. It shows a wheel with two holes that is turned by the knob. I have attached a fuzzy screen shot from the video. I am going to make one, assuming there is a slight drop on the exterior bottom of each hole, to encourage the marble to drop into the cabinet hole. Note the groove in the center of the wheel -that is from the two metal push-ins. Clicking over them indicates that you are at the hole. I will let you know how it goes.

Screen Shot 2022-05-18 at 5.01.16 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2022-05-18 at 5.01.16 PM (resized).png

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hi-lo-by-automatic-games-missing-ball-feed-part and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.