20140820_101551.jpg
20140818_122519-722.jpg
20140818_121403-958.jpg
20140818_122519.jpg
20140818_122519.jpg
20140818_121403.jpg
help.jpg
20140814_175203.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ReallifePin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 9 years ago

I am helping a friend with a Hi Lo Ace. We haven't been able to get the score motor to run at all. I'll try to list what we have checked so far.

New fuse, double checked continuity
Power from transformer is getting from there to the motor.
The index motor? runs continually if I manually activate the credit relay
I am using a schematic from a Fore and it "looks like" any one of the outhole, 500, 5000, reset, etc. relays closing should start the score motor to run. None of them have any effect.
I put power directly to the motor from the fuse. It still didn't work but since it has power to the motor I wasn't too surprised by that.

One thing I can't really figure out on my own is that both motors seem to always have power. What gets them to run if they always have power?
If anyone has any suggestions on any ways to check the score motor, I would really appreciate it. I have machine in front of me, if I can get you more info.

EDIT: We got the score motor running but it seems to be stopping early. I posted pictures below.

#3 9 years ago

This will be so much help. Thanks so much. I'll post any results I get.

#5 9 years ago

Thanks Chrisbee! I jumped them and the score motor runs.

That is a relief. Now I just have to find the cause. I'll work back from there, looking for a problem with the wiring and solder joints. My biggest concern was that the motor had a problem. Thanks again.

EDIT: With that out of the way we started making real progress. Even got to flip the flippers at a pinball!

1 week later
#7 9 years ago
Quoted from Chrisbee:

When you connected the jump wires, did you need to connect both? Or just the first one, the yellow wire from the transformer?

Both wires.

#8 9 years ago

20140814_175203.jpg20140814_175203.jpgWe got the score motor to run but we have another problem. It looks like the score motor is stopping early. You can see in the picture where it is stopping.
I would really appreciate any help. I told my friend I would help him get it running but I am moving in a week and he in getting nervous!
Thanks again.

#10 9 years ago

That is great Chrisbee! Especially this bit:

Quoted from Chrisbee:

Power to the score motor runs from the transformer through 2nd coin Re and if fitted the 3rd coin RE to the scr motor hold SW then to the motor, the other side of the motor Black/red wire, runs off to the delay RE then back to the transformer via the fuse.
Many SWs can start the scr motor, but the circuit describe above keeps it running for the rest of the 180 degrees turn.
Below, follow the red line, only four SW for the scr motor to keep running once started.

Thanks a lot for all of your help. I know my friend appreciates it too. The clock is ticking on this and I would feel terrible if we didn't get this running before I leave. As always, I'll post any progress...

#18 9 years ago

20140818_122519.jpg20140818_122519.jpg On the schematic it shows a open/closed switch at the 3rd coin chute. On Jim's game the switch is this style. Is this correct?

#21 9 years ago

20140820_101551.jpg20140820_101551.jpg
So, I am having a problem with this machine that I am not sure what to do. When I put a coin through the slot the start up procedure begins as it should with the exception of the score motor not starting. There is a switch on the coin relay and the reset relay that are closed that should start the score motor. Neither one does.
The 500 and 5000 relays will start the score motor as they should. I would love to help get this thing figured out for Jim but I am at a loss right now. Not sure what would keep the score motor from starting, looking at the schematic. We would both really appreciate any ideas at this point. I have checked all of the switches in this area of the circuit and all seem to be adjusted correctly.

#22 9 years ago

IMG_20140820_104103.jpgIMG_20140820_104103.jpg
Start up is working with the exception of the score motor stopping.

#24 9 years ago

Do you mean the switch that would normally stop the score motor at its home position? If so, that it's the top switch on the first cam. It has been cleaned and I checked that it opens and closes correctly.
As for being tinkered with, it is likely just a bad angle. They are dirty but not mangled.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 22.50

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ReallifePin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hi-lo-ace-score-motor-problem?tu=ReallifePin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.