Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 38 posts
  • 38 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 years ago by lb45
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Turkey_Robinson.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 12 years ago

I just wanted to send out a big "Hello!" to everyone out there in pinball land. As a pinball lover throughout my childhood I fell in love with the game every other friday night when my parents went league bowling. Growing up on games like T2, Popeye, Twilight Zone, the first Indiana jones machine, Tommy and Adam's Family really made a huge impact on me. The game left my life for a while throughout high school and long afterwards due to the decline in the popularity and my not being of bar age. Fast forward a decade and I stumble across a movie called "Special When Lit" on Netflix. I can't say how re-awakened I've been since watching this movie! I never really thought there were other people out there that actually loved this game. Since watching that movie about 4 months ago pinball is about the only thing I can think about anymore. There's a couple places around Milwaukee that have some nicer tables. Theater of Magic, LOTR and the newer Indiana Jones have pretty much dominated my freedom ever since, playing them almost daily. My girlfriend told me that she's always wanted a pinball machine, as I have all my life as well. After scouring craigslist and Ebay for a few months we finally stumbled upon a deal that we could afford and after 31 years on this planet, I finally own my own pinball machine. It's the Gottlieb Genesis from 1986. Yea, the BG is horrible, but it also has a midget on it. I think the midget in leather bondage attire is worth the price we paid and may just make it a little more awesome than it already is. Plus who gives a shit? I own my own machine and it's completely awesome and a real dream come true! It's got some issues which I'll move over to the tech forum to post about but everything works as far as playing the game goes so I've pretty much been playing it ever since we brought it home last night. (A side note: Having never had any experience with moving a pin my quote of the night before we picked it up was "How heavy can it be?" I found out real fast and my arms still feel like jelly)

So thanks for reading and it feels good to be among people who really love pinball as much as I do.

-Turkey

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Turkey_Robinson.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hi-everybody?tu=Turkey_Robinson and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.