• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0054 (resized).jpeg
#1 2 years ago

Hi All,

I'm new to the EM Pinball machines. Although it had sat unplayed for a long while, I just purchased a restored Hi Deal on Saturday, and it was working great for several hours. The cabinet and back box guts are very clean and shiny. Sunday I started it up and played a few games, then during a last ball, it drained, and after that, nothing happens when you hit the start button. The machine is set to free play with three balls, and has working coin mechs.

I tried the following:

Hit the reset relay - game resets - shows three balls (scores reset to zero). I can hit start and play, but the game never ends.

I turn the machine off, then on again, and hit one of the coin mech switches, I get credits - three balls light up, hit the start button (scores resets to zero) and I can play, but game never ends.

I don't see any stuck switch contacts or relays - all of them trigger when moved. I'm not 100% sure of how to read the included schematics.

Any advise on what my next troubleshooting step should be?

Thanks!
Mark P.

PS: since I'm new to EM machines, I'm not too savvy on a lot of the acronyms that I've been reading on the forums - so the more layman, the better if possible!

#2 2 years ago

I'll need to see a high quality scan of the schematic from (for example) Staples ($2), Fedex ($6), or Office Depot

#3 2 years ago

Hi Howard,

I found this on ipdb.org:

https://www.ipdb.org/files/1157/Bally_1975_Hi_Deal_Schematic_Diagrams_paginated.pdf

Let me know if that helps.

Thanks!

#4 2 years ago
Quoted from MarkP213:

I found this on ipdb.org:

Yes I saw that when I added the IPDB link to the top of this thread.
Paginated schematics are harder to read, and on top of that, that one is missing a vital section of your problem around the #6 mark.

#5 2 years ago

It looks to me all of #6 is on page two. The overlap seems to be complete, with no missing sections. I'll try and figure it out.

Thanks.

#6 2 years ago
Quoted from MarkP213:

all of #6 is on page two

Duh!! You're right about that.

#7 2 years ago

I got it working. One of the contact fingers on the mechanism on the bottom right of the head was not making contact. Not sure if that was actually the problem, but it’s working now!

#8 2 years ago
Quoted from MarkP213:

I got it working. One of the contact fingers on the mechanism on the bottom right of the head was not making contact. Not sure if that was actually the problem, but it’s working now!

Mark, can you post a photo of the mechanism? This way we can give you the name in case it breaks again.

Alberto

#9 2 years ago

Hi Alberto,

Here's the mechanism that had the bent contact (yellow arrow). Like I said, not sure if it had anything to do with it, but everything is working now. Maybe wiggling all the other relays and the bent contact fixed itself?

Thanks!

IMG_0054 (resized).jpegIMG_0054 (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 22.50
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hi-deal-game-won-t-end and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.