Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 days ago by herronj59
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 5 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

0E0F7401-368E-46E9-85EE-A9DBFA892167 (resized).jpeg
513DD679-9425-4430-807D-44F210B93E03 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4113 (resized).JPG
IMG_4114 (resized).JPG
IMG_4112 (resized).JPG

#1 3 years ago

I have a 1975 Bally Hi-Deal. The double bonus feature is supposed to light on a random basis, waiting for you to then make the right lane rollover to secure the bonus. However, in my game the green double bonus light never illuminates. Does anybody know how this is supposed to work? Is there a pin within the switches that I need to take out to get the double bonus to activate? Thanks.

#2 3 years ago

Hi, I have taken a couple of pictures from my Hi Deal. First the schematic:

IMG_4112 (resized).JPG

Shows that the Double Bonus relay pulls in when you roll over the lane switch plus certain numbers on the 00-90 disc (in back box). Its then kept in by switch on its own relay, and released when ball drains

So, I wonder if you have the little jones plug inserted?

Here's mine in the "Norm" position (its the one on the left)

IMG_4113 (resized).JPG

Its in the back box. As is the key to the settings:

IMG_4114 (resized).JPG

Hope that helps?

#3 3 years ago

First things first, is the bulb/socket out? I'd asssume you'd notice the feature not activating, but might as well check.

Aside from that, look for detached wires around the double bonus relay, I've had this happen before.

#4 3 years ago

4max. Wow, thanks so much for taking the time to do that for me. I really appreciate it. I'll have a chance to look at it tomorrow and let you know. But thank you again.

otaku Will definitely check the wiring. Great thought. Thank you.

3 years later
#5 21 days ago

Hi all! I’m new to Pinside but happy to be here. I’m bringing back this old post because I am having the same issue. I have a Bally Hi Deal that’s a member of the family at this point. It’s been with us since she was built.

Just recently the double bonus has stopped working. I’ve checked the bulbs and checked the back-box plugs like suggested in this old thread. The double bonus light on the right side ramp simply will not activate (doesn’t light up). If I manually engage the double bonus relay in the bottom box the green light at the out hole will activate and record the “double” score bonus when the ball hits the out hole. The ramp light will just not activate to start the double bonus process. This has worked flawlessly until just recently.

I’m a bit of a newby so in depth tracking of the schematic gets over my head pretty quickly, but I really appreciate your support and patience! Thoughts?

#6 21 days ago

The double bonus is on the right orbit not the ramp Hi-Deal doesn't have ramps.i know what you mean but if you ever ask a question about a machine with ramps and orbits it will help to know the correct terminology. I'm not a tech so I cant offer a solution but you do know the double bonus is completly random and may or may not light up during a game?

#7 21 days ago

Thanks for the ramps vs orbit correction. It’s actually not random to my knowledge. Specific 00-90 disc values activate it when the ball passes the lane switch depending on setting. I have tried every possible 00-90 score reel combination with activating the lane switch. It’s not working, and just stopped working recently.

#8 21 days ago

I have had my Hi Deal for over 40 years and haven’t had this issue. From my observations it is actually activated and deactivated when a 10 point switch or the 10 point pop bumper is activated. It does appear to be somewhat random how many times a 10 point switch is activated to get the double bonus to light, but it will go out the next time a 10 point switch is hit. Maybe there is something with a signal coming from a 10 point relay?

#9 21 days ago

I recently went through my Hi-Deal. Love this game by the way. It had the same problem. I discovered a smoked coil on the 00-90 unit. Going through the stepper and replacing the coil had me back in business.

The double bonus feature is maddening. It's very lucrative if you can capitalize on it. Trying to get it lit and cashing while it's still lit is not an easy task.

#10 20 days ago

Thank you all! I’ll investigate the 00-90 stepper/coil suggestion and report back.

2 weeks later
#11 6 days ago

Hi all. I thought I’d follow back up in case anyone has this issue in the future. I identified a fried solenoid coil in the bottom right corner of the back box (see pic). I had to order a replacement, but once I received it and got it soldered in everything works as new. Thanks for all the feedback and suggestions. (Sorry, couldn’t figure out how to delete the 2nd pic.)

0E0F7401-368E-46E9-85EE-A9DBFA892167 (resized).jpeg513DD679-9425-4430-807D-44F210B93E03 (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 22.50
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 5.49
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
$ 4.49
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 18.00
Playfield - Plastics
Ramp-O-Matic
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Apparel - Unisex
Pinball Wheezer
$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 18.95
Gameroom - Decorations
Gameroom Mods
$ 25.50
$ 65.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct
Lighting - Led
TheDudeMods
$ 27.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 299.99
Cabinet - Other
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
$ 79.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside