• Latest reply 5 days ago by MarkP213
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

100k_Relay (resized).jpg
#1 6 days ago

I'm not good at figuring out schematics...

I've cleaned the 10k reel contacts and the 100k relay contacts. If I manually press the 100k relay bar, the 100k light comes on, but I can't get the relay to stick. When it does come on during game play, it goes off a few points afterwards. I'm assuming it should stay illuminated until the game ends, regardless of how high the score is?

To test, I start a new game, then keep pressing the 1000 point targets until it scores 99k (which opens the contacts in the back box), then I press a 1000 point target again, and the score rolls over to all zeros, but the 100k relay doesn't connect. Once in a great while it does come on as expected, but I can't seem to figure out why it's not working every time.

Any help or suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks,
Mark P.

#2 6 days ago

On the reset relay, find the normally closed switch with the blue-white & gray wires.
Clean and adjust switch for a strong connection when closed.

#3 6 days ago

Thank you for your suggestion. I cleaned the switch and the adjustment looks to be correct. Everything resets correctly, but still no 100k relay activity. The knocker knocks, so I know the machine knows it reached 100k.

I'm trying to figure out the schematic, but it's like a foreign language to me. I'm going to clean the back box switches one more time, and maybe the Jones plugs, just in case.

Edit: I just finished cleaning the Jones plugs and 10k switch and it's working correctly again every time. Sometimes it helps to talk these things out loud!

Thank you for your help!

#4 5 days ago
Quoted from MarkP213:

If I manually press the 100k relay bar, the 100k light comes on, but I can't get the relay to stick.

From your quote, I'm assuming you are saying the 100k Relay doesn't stay engaged. If this is correct, then you problem is on the hold side which is only two switches:

1. The normally closed blue-white & gray wires on the Reset Relay that pinballdaveh told you about.
2. The normally open grey wires on the 100k Relay.

100k_Relay (resized).jpg100k_Relay (resized).jpg
#5 5 days ago

Correct. During my troubleshooting, I noticed after it rolled over to 100k, the 100k relay never even attempted to engage, so I believe it was something up the line causing the issue. But after re-cleaning the relay switches and the Jones plugs, it's working again. I guess I missed one of them during the first attempt.

#6 5 days ago

There should be a nine switch on the 10,000 score reel that sends out the initial signal to the relay.

#7 5 days ago

Thanks! Yep, I cleaned those too. So far, so good.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hi-deal-100k-relay-not-always-engaging- and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.