7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 3 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by maddog14
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider maddog14.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 7 years ago

I have a known working Haunted House. The CPU board works 100% no faults. This is for reference for you reading. Everything works when this board is plugged in. So I have no issues else where. I am using my working HH To diagnose quickly the non working board.

I have a bad board. Original problem is the ball will not kick out of outhole when ball drains. As of right now, I have no idea if there are more problems. When game turns off and back on, the outhole will kick over, and shoot the ball into the outlane on game start up. Just on drain the ball will not kick over. This board had leaking original battery that I removed and installed remote battery pack. I also used vinegar diluted to neutralize acid.

Just so I am grasping the switch matrix ( Its switch 67 outhole... If its not a bad diode going in or out, then it would be either a bad Z11 or Z14 chip, and if not those, than a bad U4.)

So far I have not had a chance to look up and see what all switches could be bad on each end of the matrix...Can it be just one bad switch, or will I see a whole row of switches not register?

#3 7 years ago

Thanks Chris for the reply!

Once I had a few seconds to actually test the matrix on the board, I found that the battery acid chewed through the trace on line 17. So no signal getting through. Stitched the trace. Boom everything works....

As a side story... Apparently the person purchased the HH about ten years ago...NON working with this issue. So its been basically not working the whole time. The owner is an 'electrician' so was determined to fix the machine himself. Wife finally decides to get machine fixed...After ten years..

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
2,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Shakopee, MN
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Toast-Mach1 Mods Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 1,159.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

3,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Centerport, NY

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider maddog14.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hh-quick-switch-question?tu=maddog14 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.