Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 months ago by frunch
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

#1 3 months ago

I have a Harlem Globetrotters. All the score displays work fine as long as you haven't rolled the score. Once the score is rolled the 100,000 digit and the 10,000 digit mess up. The number 2 will display as a backward 6. The number 5 will display as a 9 and the number 6 will display as the number 8. And all the displays do the same thing if the score is rolled on that display. As long as the score on that display hasn't been rolled it works fine. I swapped out the RAM chip thinking that might be the issue but it didn't change anything. When I run it through the display test all numbers display correctly. Any idea what could cause this?

#2 3 months ago

Is it possible that the game ROM is for use with 7-digit displays? Swap in a 7-digit display from Flash Gordon and see what happens. Other than that, I've got nothing.

#3 3 months ago
Quoted from schudel5:

Is it possible that the game ROM is for use with 7-digit displays? Swap in a 7-digit display from Flash Gordon and see what happens. Other than that, I've got nothing.

I'll give that a try tonight and see what happens. Thanks.

#4 3 months ago
Quoted from kguenther6:

I'll give that a try tonight and see what happens. Thanks.

I tried the 7 digit display and it does the same thing. Any other ideas from anybody?

#5 3 months ago

That's a weird one. I'd probably try disconnecting the displays one at a time and test the rest of them to see if one particular display is causing the rest of them to get funky. (With the warning of course to *never ever* unplug/plug displays with the game on)...Other thing to try is re-flowing the header pins on the mpu that send the signals to the displays and re-pin the female connector as well.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 16.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
$ 21.00
$ 7.65
Cabinet Parts
Third Coast Pinball
$ 7.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
€ 3.95
Flipper Parts
Multigame
Displays
PinballSolutions.eu
$ 279.95
$ 109.99

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside