Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 17 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by ForceFlow
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 9 years ago

I'm going to HF and want to pick up a lift table. Ive used my buddy's lifting mechanism that uses a HF motorcycle lift, but I have been disappointed with how roughly it lowers the table...It basically just drops when you step on the handle.

I'd rather buy one of the lift tables since I could use it for many things in my woodworking shop. My question is whether the 1000 pound table is worth the extra $100 compared to the 500 pound table? Do either of these tables lower gently?

Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks.

#2 9 years ago

The 500 pound table *CAN* lower gently, but you definitely have to get the feel for the release. One millimeter difference between "psssssssh" and "SLAM!!!".

-Wes

#3 9 years ago
    Quoted from boneman91:

I'm going to HF and want to pick up a lift table. Ive used my buddy's lifting mechanism that uses a HF motorcycle lift, but I have been disappointed with how roughly it lowers the table...It basically just drops when you step on the handle.
    I'd rather buy one of the lift tables since I could use it for many things in my woodworking shop. My question is whether the 1000 pound table is worth the extra $100 compared to the 500 pound table? Do either of these tables lower gently?
    Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks.

I ended going with the 1000 and have not regretted it at all. Its reach is longer then the the 500 (my buddy has the 500 and modified it) so no modification is needed! Its also a little more heavy duty bigger better wheels, bigger stronger welds etc... Do your self a favor and glue the mat that it comes with down with some glue as needed to it stays secure and does not slip off.

#4 9 years ago

Thanks Vtec. Did you find the weight of the table to be a problem? That 1000 lb table weighs in at 170, about 80 more than the 500. While I won't have to go up any stairs, I will have to get it over the threshold lip of my walk-out basement door, then push it up a moderate grade through grass to get to my driveway. Also, will the 1000 pound table lower gently?

Thanks again.

#5 9 years ago
    Quoted from boneman91:

Thanks Vtec. Did you find the weight of the table to be a problem? That 1000 lb table weighs in at 170, about 80 more than the 500. While I won't have to go up any stairs, I will have to get it over the threshold lip of my walk-out basement door, then push it up a moderate grade through grass to get to my driveway. Also, will the 1000 pound table lower gently?
    Thanks again.

It is much heavier! I use leverage with my weight to go up/down a step or 2. A flight of stair's is a no go without someone to help u lift this cart.

#6 9 years ago

I think you would be struggling to move this thing up an incline in grass. I'm assuming when moving you are taking off the legs and folding the head right, so maybe leave that part of the move to a fridge cart, and use this within your basement only.

These things are good/made for flat surfaces.

#7 9 years ago

I also thought the 1000 lb cart couldn't go between the front legs of a pin, it had to come from the side.

Is that still true?

#8 9 years ago

I think you are right Atomicboy. Will have to use another means of getting a pin back or forth to the car.

Wolf - one of the reviews of this cart was written by a guy (maybe a pinsider) who specifically says he uses it as a pinball dolly. Says it will fit a standard width pinball body with 1/2 inch to spare on each side between the legs. Here is his quote:

"Fits between legs of Williams and Bally standard body Pinball Machines with 1/2" to spare on each side. Better than any traditional pinball dolly. Can lift and move games with the head up. Should put the head down to move great distances (for balance)."

"I would repackage this as a Pinball Dolly. Awesome product."

Specs say the width of the table is 20 inches.

#9 9 years ago

The 500lb table is more than adequate. Lifts pins no problem and has plenty of height. I also love the fact that it is much lighter than the 1000lb one. You just have to modify the handle on these things so you can get it under the table. GL either way you go.

Edit: Don't forget to use their 20% off coupon.

#10 9 years ago
    Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

I also thought the 1000 lb cart couldn't go between the front legs of a pin, it had to come from the side.
    Is that still true?

No, you have to lower it all the way down though but it goes under them Safecracker being one exception.

Pros Higher lift and more support under the game, more stable.

Cons Heavy pig two man lift to get it in a vehicle but works great on flat asphalt/concrete.

#11 9 years ago
    Quoted from Atomicboy:

I think you would be struggling to move this thing up an incline in grass. I'm assuming when moving you are taking off the legs and folding the head right, so maybe leave that part of the move to a fridge cart, and use this within your basement only.
    These things are good/made for flat surfaces.

It may work on grass, with plenty of help, depending on the incline and the cut of the grass.

Quoted from tracelifter:

No, you have to lower it all the way down though but it goes under them Safecracker being one exception.
    Pros Higher lift and more support under the game, more stable.
    Cons Heavy pig two man lift to get it in a vehicle but works great on flat asphalt/concrete.

Agreed.

#12 9 years ago

Been using the 500lb table for many years with no issues.

#13 9 years ago
    Quoted from Pinfidel:

The 500lb table is more than adequate. Lifts pins no problem and has plenty of height. I also love the fact that it is much lighter than the 1000lb one. You just have to modify the handle on these things so you can get it under the table. GL either way you go.
    Edit: Don't forget to use their 20% off coupon.

Agreed 100%.

#14 9 years ago

I just ordered the 500lb lift a couple weeks ago, but haven't worked up the nerve yet to lift up a pin. I've been slowly working my way up from 20lb stuff to increasingly more weight to test it out and make sure that it can hold a pin.

The lift itself is 90lbs, so it is a bit cumbersome to toss in the car by yourself, but manageable. The 1000lb lift is 170lb, according to the specs. You would need two people for that one.

#15 9 years ago
    Quoted from tracelifter:

Cool.

I've been happy with the 500lb one, it's done it's job well. I've even moved a 400lb soda machine with it and it was fine.

#16 9 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

I've been slowly working my way up from 20lb stuff to increasingly more weight to test it out and make sure that it can hold a pin.

Tons of people have used this straight out of the box for machines all the way up to WOZ without one reported issue. I don't think you need to test it for pins anyway.

#17 9 years ago
    Quoted from Atomicboy:

Tons of people have used this straight out of the box for machines all the way up to WOZ without one reported issue. I don't think you need to test it for pins anyway.

Yeah, you're probably right. I'm just being cautious.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hf-lift-table-500-vs-1000-lbs and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.