(Topic ID: 145585)

Hey! What Happened to Pinbits Shaker Motors?

By beelzeboob

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Red_Devil_1_Gallon_Shaker_002_(resized).jpg

#1 8 years ago

I'm in the market for AFM and POTC shakers. Went to Pinbits, and they seem to be cleaned out. Sent Pam an email and got crickets.

Does anybody know what's going on with that? Does Cointaker offer comparable shakers for those machines, or only Stern shakers?

Where the hell can a guy get a shaker motor these days?

#2 8 years ago

im with ya, I ordered some stuff for my JD and asked in email about shakers no response but i did get my order lol

#3 8 years ago

You have to call Pam. Usually around 1pm-3pm Pacific is best. She also has 2 different emails.

I had a tough time getting the shaker motor for my MM but after talking to her on the phone she confirmed she had it but was missing the shaker motor housing. I really only needed the logic board for the shaker kit, because I already had extra shaker motor housings.

Pam also has a lot of items in stock that show out of stock on her website. Best to call her, might take a few calls but eventually she will answer her phone.

#4 8 years ago
Quoted from PiperPinball:

I really only needed the logic board for the shaker kit,

I wonder if they ever solved the issue with the Logic board on the MM Shaker kits ?

There is a thread around somewhere on this.

#5 8 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I'm in the market for AFM and POTC shakers. Went to Pinbits, and they seem to be cleaned out. Sent Pam an email and got crickets.
Does anybody know what's going on with that? Does Cointaker offer comparable shakers for those machines, or only Stern shakers?
Where the hell can a guy get a shaker motor these days?

I think they're having a hard time getting parts. Perhaps they should sell just the logic board and harness with instructions on how to use with Pinballlife shaker.

#6 8 years ago

I've been trying to email Pinbits through their website for a few months now about their Itchy and Scratchy hole protectors but never got a response back either. What's their 2nd email address? I think I used the website forum to email them originally.

#7 8 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

Perhaps they should sell just the logic board and harness with instructions on how to use with Pinballlife shaker.

I 2nd that! I've got a couple of motors from cointaker I would like to use but just need that logic board.

4 months later
#8 7 years ago

I also want the MM shaker motor, any one have one they are not using?

#9 7 years ago

I have this one, I think it still works.

Red_Devil_1_Gallon_Shaker_002_(resized).jpgRed_Devil_1_Gallon_Shaker_002_(resized).jpg

4 weeks later
#10 7 years ago

AFM Shaker motors are back in stock on Pinbits

#11 7 years ago

Yay! Now how about the MM kit?

#12 7 years ago

STTNG kits were available again for few few days and now they're sold out again. I read that they had a bunch of problems with the MM kits not working right. Even though there is a huge demand for all of these kits, they don't seem to be making availability a huge priority. Based on that, I'm guessing that working out the MM bugs is waaaaaaaaaaaay down the priority list. That's just my guess though. It is strange though that that put a bunch of effort into redesigning the PCB and going to surface mount components and then they only stock a few kits till they sell out in a day or 2.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#13 7 years ago

Well, all shaker kits sold out at Pinbits again. Just goes to show that if you want one really, really bad, you have to check the Pinbits site every day and then jump on it when they have a few more in stock. I wonder how many weeks or months it will be till they stock more. I also wonder how many they have when they show them available and then sell out in a few days. 3? 10? 100?

#14 7 years ago

The fact that they don't stock more is total bullshit. My friend got the last one...I didn't get one because I was trying to decide if it was worth the $250...or if I'd miss it if I didn't have one in my machine. (I'm still thinking AFM needs a shaker like IJ does...which means NOT!) While I was deciding, they sold out. That's fine. It's starting to piss me off that they don't make and carry enough, so that's helping my decision (along with the price).

#15 7 years ago

I spoke to Pam at the last show and she honestly makes them all by hand! Crazy I know but that's the truth. I luckily was able to grab one there...

#16 7 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

I spoke to Pam at the last show and she honestly makes them all by hand!

What happened to her dang blasted robot?

#17 7 years ago

Oh...well then...

I just figured they used Chinese children like the fine folks at Apple.

#18 7 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Oh...well then...
I just figured they used Chinese children like the fine folks at Apple.

Ummm....Vietnamese for Apple....

#19 7 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

The fact that they don't stock more is total bullshit. My friend got the last one...I didn't get one because I was trying to decide if it was worth the $250...or if I'd miss it if I didn't have one in my machine. (I'm still thinking AFM needs a shaker like IJ does...which means NOT!) While I was deciding, they sold out. That's fine. It's starting to piss me off that they don't make and carry enough, so that's helping my decision (along with the price).

Well no game has to have it but I wouldnt want one without it. Blowing up the mothership is anticlimactic without it, imo.

#20 7 years ago

Boob. I promise if you come play my afm, while it pales in comparison to your restore, you will want a shaker in yours.

1 week later
#21 7 years ago

Pinbits has AFM and STTNG shaker kits in stock again. Buy them up before they sell out again.

#22 7 years ago

just ordered for POTC....

11 months later
#23 6 years ago

Update for those that missed the last run of shakers. Shaker kits are in at pinbits for AFM and STTNG if you need them stock is always limited so grab one if you need it.

#24 6 years ago

To confirm, I can use the afm or sttng shakers on a congo and just wire to the volcano flasher?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
Boards
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply
Decals
$ 26.50
$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room
Decorations
16,500 (OBO)
$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames
Decorations
$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
Interactive
$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine
Magazines/books
6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bethlehem, PA
Machine - For Sale
Santa Clara, CA
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Backbox
€ 20.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pin-Decals
Decals
$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound
Other
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs
(Alt) Translites
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods
Led
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Camanche, IA

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hey-what-happened-to-pinbits-shaker-motors and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.