Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 23 posts
  • 14 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by Rascal_H
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpeg
    Todd.jpg
    #1 8 years ago

> Paper that was sold and rightfully belongs to the owner
    > as part of the game to safely operate it both for themselves
    > in today's mostly home market, and on location. To take,
    > and then shill people into paying again for same item of a
    > game is damn near if not criminal. Even worst is the noobs
    > get it in the keister first, and often last. Its sad to
    > have a hobby where the entry door to owning a game is being
    > bent over for something that should be available online for
    > free.

Hey, Todd,

When are you going to get over this? Schematics are part of the Gtb. Product Fesjian owns. They will never be online for free. You should be out there teaching the noobs to request a price discount from the seller for lack of an original schematic.

#2 8 years ago

Wow for a moment I thought I was on RGP!!

#4 8 years ago

I got here a little late.......
    Can someone please catch me up?

(Edit: Didn't realize it was that Todd you were referencing. Ugh.)

#5 8 years ago
    Quoted from RCA1:

I got here a little late.......
    Can someone please catch me up?

There's an idiot on RGP that calls himself Frank Fuhrter. Basically, he exists to make stupid posts. He's supposedly been identified at someone named Todd Nathan. He knows little to nothing about fixing games, he just trolls the board constantly.

In this case, every time someone wants a schematic (mainly for Gottlieb games since they are not online) he goes on idiotic rants about "paper thieves" who "rape" games on schematics/manuals, then want to charge you to buy them (meaning, basically, Steve Young). Of course, these games have been through the mill and have been in so many hands, those items have gone missing over the years. But he believes that since they came with the game, Steve Young is obligated to make them available for free. I guess that also means that if the game is missing legs, or a lockdown bar, or some other part, since those originally came with the game Steve should also supply those to the current owner at no charge.

Once, I asked him, since I bought a car that was missing the owner's manual, should the manufacturer replace it for free? I got no answer, nor did I expect one, since he's just a troll. We're actually giving him what he wants here, attention. I'll need to go take a shower now after doing so.

Whenever he posts on RGP his posts are immediately flagged and hidden, but he just keeps truckin'...

#6 8 years ago
    Quoted from EMsInKC:

since he's just a troll. We're actually giving him what he wants here, attention. I'll need to go take a shower now after doing so.

Hey, EMsInKC,

No need to take a shower! I figure it's OK to exploit Todd in this forum since no one cares to flag his posts. I guess they actually appreciate his level of knowledge here.

#7 8 years ago
    Quoted from Boatcat:

I guess they actually appreciate his level of knowledge here.

I would surmise that most just ignore him, and care little to respond.

#8 8 years ago
    Quoted from EMsInKC:

In this case, every time someone wants a schematic (mainly for Gottlieb games since they are not online) he goes on idiotic rants about "paper thieves" who "rape" games on schematics/manuals, then want to charge you to buy them

He has done this here, a few months ago.

#9 8 years ago

What's his handle here? I'm surprised he could last five minutes on this forum.

#10 8 years ago
    Quoted from EMsInKC:

he goes on idiotic rants about "paper thieves" who "rape" games on schematics/manuals, then want to charge you to buy them (meaning, basically, Steve Young).

Well..........It's not Steve Young removing the schematics from games, I'm assuming Todd means other private sellers.

If I were buying a Game without a schematic from a guy who then turns around and wants any improved monetary value for the game WITH the original schematic, I'd have a problem with it, EVEN if the schematic came from another like-model. Without a schematic, it's incomplete! I'd have much less of a problem if the schematic were a photocopy.

As far as Todd is concerned, he thinks they should be available online for free. If that's the case, then backglasses, playfield plastics, etc, should all be allowed to be re-created by anyone, anytime without interference, which isn't the case. Someone, (Fesjian), owns the Gottlieb Name. You need his permission.

My argument is not with those hoarding schematics, it's with those buying games and bitching about having to buy the schematics later when they should've checked for it, and asked for a price adjustment initially.

#11 8 years ago
    Quoted from Boatcat:

Well..........It's not Steve Young removing the schematics from games, I'm assuming Todd means other private sellers.
    If I were buying a Game without a schematic from a guy who then turns around and wants any improved monetary value for the game WITH the original schematic, I'd have a problem with it, EVEN if the schematic came from another like-model. Without a schematic, it's incomplete! I'd have much less of a problem if the schematic were a photocopy.
    As far as Todd is concerned, he thinks they should be available online for free. If that's the case, then backglasses, playfield plastics, etc, should all be allowed to be re-created by anyone, anytime without interference, which isn't the case. Someone, (Fesjian), owns the Gottlieb Name. You need his permission.
    My argument is not with those hoarding schematics, it's with those buying games and bitching about having to buy the schematics later when they should've checked for it, and asked for a price adjustment initially.

Most games I've bought are missing the schematics, and I've never once had someone want more money for a game to include the schematic.

As for FF, the guy simply doesn't understand copyright law. Nor does he understand much of anything else. I do have to admit that reading his EM "advice" is hilarious. Almost without fail, he tells people to check the Ax relay-even on games that don't have Ax relays. I've caught him on that more than once.

The only thing that is better than that is his insistence that all games are worth no more than $150 while he has nothing in his collection that is less than "minty fresh" and he only paid $100 or something for them.

He's FOS.

#12 8 years ago

Did we really need a thread on pinside about this? Please don't feed the trolls.

#13 8 years ago
    Quoted from EMsInKC:

The only thing that is better than that is his insistence that all games are worth no more than $150 while he has nothing in his collection that is less than "minty fresh"

For a while, he stopped posting this, I'll bet because I asked him if he proved the value of his offer to the seller by showing him the Boston Pinball Website, or any other website, (LOL). There's very little around for $150!

1 week later
    #14 8 years ago
    Quoted from Richthofen:

Did we really need a thread on pinside about this?

Yes! This is where most newbs are.

#15 8 years ago

I've used the pdf Williams and Bally scematics on ipdb to fix some games. Having them available online could result in more working games.

#16 8 years ago
    Quoted from Boatcat:

How does feeding a troll from RGP protect newbs? Seems to me that you're helping to spread the disease.

Quoted from EMsInKC:

Whenever he posts on RGP his posts are immediately flagged and hidden, but he just keeps truckin'...

The only reason trolls keep on truckin' is because naive people help them along the way.

#17 8 years ago
    Quoted from Hauntflies:

How does feeding a troll from RGP protect newbs? Seems to me that you're helping to spread the disease.

Ahhhhhh.............Where do they come from ???

#18 8 years ago
    Quoted from Boatcat:

Nope, this is where most of us came to get away from the RGP crap.

#19 8 years ago

Nope! The "RGP Crap" has for the most part been removed. Todd and the newbs need to know that schematics are part of a game a seller says is, "Complete."

If anything, I could've titled the thread better, but it is in the best place.

#20 8 years ago
    Quoted from EMsInKC:

Once, I asked him, since I bought a car that was missing the owner's manual, should the manufacturer replace it for free? I got no answer, nor did I expect one, since he's just a troll.

https://owner.lincoln.com/tools/account/how-tos/owner-manuals.html
    http://www.toyota.com/owners/resources/owners-manuals
    http://www.teslamotors.com/sites/default/files/Model-S-Owners-Manual.pdf
    etc..

#21 8 years ago

Every time I see this thread, I'm like..."WHAT NOW???"...

#22 8 years ago

Hey, Todd!

Todd.jpgTodd.jpg

#23 8 years ago

..image.jpegimage.jpeg

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hey-todd and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.