• Latest reply 7 years ago by Banker
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image_(resized).jpeg
#1 7 years ago

I've played GB a few times now over the last month or so. I love it. Very well done all around. And only 2 flippers! I think I may actually love it more than Tron.

#2 7 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

I think I may actually love it more than Tron.

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#3 7 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

I've played GB a few times now over the last month or so....

Here we go again...

#4 7 years ago

Meh, its ok so far... long way to go. NEXT TITLE PLEASE!!

#5 7 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Here we go again...

There are probably 10 threads beating them up for every one praising them on Pinside. I just want them to know "Great Job!". We really enjoy playing it.

#6 7 years ago

There are 5 current production Stern games I like playing more than Ghostbusters. Their current line of games is their biggest competition.

#7 7 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

There are probably 10 threads beating them up for every one praising them on Pinside. I just want them to know "Great Job!". We really enjoy playing it.

No I meant you played a game 4 times and now it's better than Tron

Shame!

#8 7 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

No I meant you played a game 4 times and now it's better than Tron
Shame!

Let's not get crazy here. I said I "may" like it more than Tron. Whatever it took to make GB turn out the way it did, I hope they keep doing it.

#9 7 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

There are 5 current production Stern games I like playing more than Ghostbusters. Their current line of games is their biggest competition.

I agree Stern currently has no competition. I do hope Pat Lawlor hits a homerun for JJP. Competition is good for the consumer. WOZ and The Hobbit are both very pretty but after playing them I scratch my head wondering if an engineer really designed those pins. I think Pat will get it done. Looking forward to it.

#10 7 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

WOZ and The Hobbit are both very pretty but after playing them I scratch my head wondering if an engineer really designed those pins.

They have had some engineering difficulties, as would most companies designing games until they had a few under their belts. Stern has been around in one form or another for a very long time. That is why they are able to keep it up. They put out both games I love, and games I don't. That works well for me because I don't have the space to buy every title, and there are a few Stern games I just can't let go of because they are still too fun to play. I'm actually glad I didn't like GB because I don't know where I'd put it.

#11 7 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

Let's not get crazy here. I said I "may" like it more than Tron. Whatever it took to make GB turn out the way it did, I hope they keep doing it.

Fair enough...mine is for sale if you need one

#12 7 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Fair enough...mine is for sale if you need one

No newish pins for me, but here is someone looking for one....

http://www.villagebbs.com/forum/index.php/topic,32371.0.html

#13 7 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

I think I may actually love it more than Tron.

But what about Lamp?

#14 7 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

I agree Stern currently has no competition. I do hope Pat Lawlor hits a homerun for JJP. Competition is good for the consumer. WOZ and The Hobbit are both very pretty but after playing them I scratch my head wondering if an engineer really designed those pins. I think Pat will get it done. Looking forward to it.

I agree with you, but don't think the problem is lack of engineering. From my perspective, WOZ/TH are over engineered!

#15 7 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

I agree with you, but don't think the problem is lack of engineering. From my perspective, WOZ/TH are over engineered!

I think a lot of engineering skill goes into getting the shot geometry right in a good pin. You feel it when you play it. I just don't get that feeling with either WOZ or TH. Like the feeling that the 3rd flipper is there just to have a 3rd flipper. But I get what you are saying.

I'd like to have played TH some more to get a better opinion, but they pulled it from my local bowling alley after a few weeks.

#16 7 years ago

Every time I flip the Hobbit's third flipper my thought is "maybe I can hit something over there".

#17 7 years ago

I have put in nearly 200 games on my GBLE now. It's fantastic. It very well might be better than Tron (which I also own). GB definitely has the better layout, but we'll see how it holds up over time and with code updates.

#18 7 years ago
Quoted from trunchbull:

Every time I flip the Hobbit's third flipper my thought is "maybe I can hit something over there".

Lots of great uses for the third flipper! Barrel kicks on the captive ball that awards points, works towards earning an extra ball, and lights the kickback. It can also be used for cashing out super spinner for big points at the captive ball. In multiball, its great to use to hit beast mechs from the side as well as relighting the kickback. In Flashback mode, there is a timed upper flipper shot to one of the ARF stand up targets. And most notably, in Smaug MB to defeat smaug, you must shoot the right ramp to feed the left diverter and press the Ring Button to launch the ball to the upper flipper and hit smaug's scale (target that is down and flashing).

There are plenty other of uses such as holding it up on a loop shot to direct ball to ELF targets and times when it's smart to not use (part of what I love about having a third flipper). I have the option to use it or the option to not use it at times depending on where I am at in the game progress.

#19 7 years ago

I hope it's nothing like Tron. I can't stand it.

#20 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I hope it's nothing like Tron. I can't stand it.

Yeah, it's nothing like Tron. It feels pretty unique to me.

#21 7 years ago

One of the best sterns I have.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 49.95
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 119.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Fresno, CA
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 29.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

17,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Alpharetta, GA
14,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hey-stern-great-job-on-ghostbusters and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.