Screenshot_20170821-154508 (resized).jpg
20170613_213020 (resized).jpg
20170613_213015 (resized).jpg
IMG_6111 (resized).JPG
IMAG8309 (resized).jpg
IMAG8310 (resized).jpg
IMAG8311 (resized).jpg
IMAG8312 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider xfassa.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2353 7 years ago
Quoted from Pickle:

Man....this is tough. It sucks Stern is pretty silent on this but I am certain they are looking into it as it has to be hurting sales. I don't think there is any need to panic. Once Stern figures it out I am sure it will be corrected and they will make it right. I can't see them not addressing this.

Don't come into this thread spewing logic and reason. Now grab a gas can and starting pumping.

#2364 7 years ago
Quoted from Pickle:

Pouring gas on this fire ain't gonna help things. People speaking with their wallets will. Once distributors are hurting because they can't sell games Stern will feel the pinch on their bottom line. As much as it sucks for the buyers who have issues it sucks even more for the distributor as selling games is their livelihood.....

Whoops...I forgot to use the sarcasm font in my last post. I was complimenting your rational approach and mocking the Pinside hysteria.

I have not received my GBLE yet, however, I have complete faith Stern will resolve any/all playfield issues. Like many have mentioned previously, no good can come from Stern making a premature announcement. Give them time to identify root cause and implement a permanent corrective action.

#2369 7 years ago
Quoted from xTheBlackKnightx:

You should have made special arrangements to pick up from the factory, with the legs on out of the box, as it came off the factory floor. That would been smarter.
People keep crossing their fingers.
I will provide one of my old military quotes, "Hope is not a method or plan, it is a wish, and if you make yourself believe, you are a fool."

You got the fool part right.

Honestly, not worried at all. Stern has given me no reason to doubt they will make it right. If the playfield turns out to be sh*t and Stern ignores the issue, it will be up to me to make it right. Self reliance is important charateristic to develop in this hobby. Plus, I read Vid's guide to playfield restoration. All good.

#2786 7 years ago

Worst case scenario: Stern says quality is acceptable and refuses to replace playfields

Solution: Unpopulate the playfield, send out to reputable clear coater, repopulate playfield, enjoy for lifetime

Time: A couple of weekends to unpopulate/populate playfield. 6-12 weeks to clear.

Costs: Your time and $300-$600 for clear

Bottomline: It sucks it has to be this way but for 5% of the purchase price, the playfield can be bulletproofed.

Honestly, if this game is as good as the early reviews suggest, a new clear will be money well spent.

Edit: Wow, my first down vote in 4+ years. I am now an official Pinsider!

#2789 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

unfortunately most peopel do not have the skill to do a cold swap.

Fair point. For me, working on the machine is more fun than playing. I'm kinda messed up that way.

#2790 7 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

You are minimizing the value of people's time. It is no small task to unpopulate and repopulate a playfield, and you better hope you don't damage or lose something in the process.

People's time is valuable, no doubt. However, if you are going to be in this hobby, its best to know how these machines work. As far as teardown/rebuild, not nearly as hard as others suggest. Of course, White Water is the exception to that rule. The ramps were insanity.

#2797 7 years ago
Quoted from jadziedzic:

Putting a new coat of clear over a layer that has de-bonded from an insert will not magically cause the old layer to re-attach, nor will it magically re-glue loose inserts. Someone will have to scrape artwork from the insert(s), remove the loose or sunken/raised insert(s), re-glue the insert(s), prep the playfield, apply new artwork to the insert(s), and then re-clearing the playfield. Unless you can do *that* work yourself you're looking at easily $700 or more to fix a manufacturing defect that shouldn't be there in the first place.

Do I and all consumers want/expect a defect free machine? YES
Should we voice our displeasure when Stern (or any manufacturer) ships machines with defects? YES
Will Stern resolve these issues in a timely and fair manner that satisfies everyone? Most likely NOT

For me, I prefer to focus my energy on potential solutions. So, what options do we have if Stern fails to provide an acceptable solution to this problem. In other words, what is our backup plan. I suggested a new clear. However, that was met with all sorts of potential issues. What do we know for sure at this point with respect to the inserts/clear? Is it truly sunken inserts? What is your magical solution to this issue if Stern does not replace the playfields?

3 months later
#4996 7 years ago

Listen to what Jody has to say at the 12 minute mark. Sounds like if there are issues with the playfield, Stern will take care of it. Am I reading to deep into his words?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-factory-tour-courtesy-johns-arcade

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 8.95
$ 93.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

7,760 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Greensboro, NC
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Elgin, OK
$ 25.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Boston, MA
$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider xfassa.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hey-stern-are-you-serious?tu=xfassa and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.