Screenshot_20170821-154508 (resized).jpg
20170613_213020 (resized).jpg
20170613_213015 (resized).jpg
IMG_6111 (resized).JPG
IMAG8309 (resized).jpg
IMAG8310 (resized).jpg
IMAG8311 (resized).jpg
IMAG8312 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider whysnow.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#20 7 years ago
Quoted from iwantansi:

Stern doesnt make their playfields in house, they havent ever that I am aware of.
Chicago Gaming/Churchill Cabinet makes the playfields and the cabinets.
Shit happens, contact your distributor who will in turn contact Stern to make this right

may want to get your facts straight. things have changed.

FUN industries appears to be making current junk. Stern appears to be bringing stuff in house and is somewhere in transition.

2 months later
#2691 7 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

The GB Pro on location here in Madison has a couple ghosted inserts. They weren't ghosted at first but became evident after a couple months of play. This is an early Pro made back in April.

ALL of the GB pros I have played (6 now) have insert ghosting.

Played 2 in Madison, 1 in Milwaukee, 1 in Boston, 1 in Portland, and 1 in Chicago.

ALL 6 have insert ghosting.

#2704 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Can you feel if the inserts are lifting?

inserts are sinking, not lifting.

#2717 7 years ago
Quoted from BillySastard:

Everything I've read about GB says that code is basically complete with the exception of some tweaks.

I woudl say the code is a nice foundation but still needs a decent amount of polish and quite a few bugs I have found.

#2734 7 years ago
Quoted from Rokablly:

So what was the correction/solution from Stern for the MET Premiums?

for the bad MET a local had at one point, he had to bring them the game and they swapped in a new populated pf.

#2759 7 years ago
Quoted from xTheBlackKnightx:

Some MET owners PFs were swapped out, some were not.
It also happened with Pros for a time.
Depending on the chipping severity and ability to be diplomatic with their distributor and Stern, they received assistance.
Being a complete jackwagon resulted in them getting nothing.
Stern still made the final call.
The process was still a PITA for both owners and Stern when warranted.
This went for cosmetic problems on cabinets as well due to adhesion issues.
Some got new decals, some received NOTHING.
GOT PFs had issues too (and some still do), and a few got swaps, the rest received mylar decals.
In most GB cases here, I would expect the same.
Mylar decals over the ghosting, with some type of color variation to hide the damage.
One or two inserts is NOTHING, regardless of what an owner believes is acceptable based on what they paid for their game or not.
Just because an owner has cosmetic flaws on games does not automatically result in Stern giving the owner a new playfield.
This has already been stated dozens of times, but are still living in a fantasy world, feeling they are "owed" something.
Some just want a free handout, like what happened with MMr where owners were FAKING using photos from other people to get new PFs.
PPS did not take the bait, and neither will Stern.
If it is legit, they will help, but an owner has to properly help themselves first by being educated, not ranting.
Coin Ops Parts website gave a few good examples of the rejects, when they happen.

you need to just drop it with your lies and BS. Unless you are a Stern employee speaking with facts then you dont have a damn clue. This is completely unacceptable and you trying to placate the masses is BS. Mylar to 'fix' ghosting and cracked insert? WTF seriously... Saying that customers are jackwagons and then Stern tells them to piss off. saying 1-2 inserts is not a big deal??? again WTF. Try selling a game in 18months with a cracked and ghosted insert and tell me it isnt a big deal.

you seriously dont have a clue. Stern has had pretty good customer service in the past when issues have cropped up and I dont think it is just that we buy every new game so we magically get better service.

We are customers like all others. When we have had issues, we file a report, provide detailed info to help them track down the problem, and sometimes need to do a little nudging or reminding them that we find a defect unacceptable and EVERY single time they have come through with a solution that makes us, the customer, happy.

#2765 7 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

History is cool and a fun part of the hobby, but in no way dictates modern Customer/manufacturer expectations and interactions.
At no time in the history of pinball has every single run of a game been marketed directly to consumers. Ever. It's that way now, though. Times have changed, so has the market. Don't believe it? Just look at Stern's entire marketing strategy.

100% spot on.

The blackknight seems stuck in the past. Reality is the squeaky wheel gets greased and we are living in a new world. No longer are the end buyers of pinball dominated by operators. This is the biggest screw up Stern has had in the past (ever?). They need to deal with this or are facing big issues in profits and possibly the logevity of the company.

This could not possibly be at a worse time for them. Moved into and scaled up to a larger factory so more overhead. JJP is delivering lots of Hobbit to good review of quality, spooky is taking money out of the jar again with good review and great customer service, JJP #3 is coming at expo, Aliens is coming at expo and FullT is going out in larger numbers with positive review and GREAT customer service...

times have changed black knight... Stern will need to address these changes or suffer the consequences. I am confident based on recent past history that they will eventually fix these issues for customers, even if it means you have to complain a little louder to get a response. They also are smart and nimble with Gomez at the helm. he understands that this is a BIG screw up.

#2787 7 years ago
Quoted from xfassa:

Honestly, if this game is as good as the early reviews suggest, a new clear will be money well spent.

unfortunately most peopel do not have the skill to do a cold swap.

aside from that, laying down new clear does not appear it will fix this issue. Ghosting from sunken inserts is not going to stop the inserts from sinking.

The minimal acceptable reslution for me personally is a brand new pf which is properly made and cleared. That would allow people to do a hot swap if they deem it necessary or sell the extra pf along with the game when the time comes.

I know this would not be acceptable for many and as I said, MINIMAl acceptable for me personally.

It also would be the cheapest solution for Stern as pfs dont cost very much and is they work it right they could probably convince most buyers to pony up the actual cost/ $100 for the new pf.

#2800 7 years ago
Quoted from xfassa:

What is your magical solution to this issue if Stern does not replace the playfields?

STOP buying new games form them would be the most logical solution, esp since there are not LOTS of other options if you insist on buying new games.

Reality is that many people with just keep on buying regardless of the resolution or lack of. Most of these things seem to take time to show the reprocussion. When people start trying to sell HUO GB with ghosting and cracked inserts and secondary buyer dont bite at 4500, then 4000, then??? then people will just deal with the sting at that time.

That said, if enough preorders get cancelled then distributors will likely raise hell and Stern may take notice.

#2806 7 years ago
Quoted from multibrawlr:

it's exciting getting a new game.

luckily there are now 3 other options and they all seem to be delivering more games and at a quicker pace. Expo is going to be fun with Dominoes (and maybe game #4 prototype from what I hear), Alien, and JJP#3

while Stern is likely only dropping Batman vault to try and brush the issues under the rug with a desired rehash.

#3281 7 years ago

I will believe it when I see it. History shows they take care of the squeky wheel, but you also need to squeak.

I dont like the whole "Gary you need to call the loudest people to try and shut them up" without actually putting something out in the public.

I say keep squeaking till it is resolved. They are just playing you like a used car salesmen if you cave now without getting something in writing at minimum. Keep in mind there is a reaosn it was a phone call and not an email form Gary with commitment of what will be done.

#3316 7 years ago
Quoted from Ranhorton:

It was requested by a fellow pinsider that I share the following post I wrote on a different thread here about a call I received from Gary on Monday evening:
"I too received a very nice phone call from Gary Monday evening.
I had sent a direct (but polite) inquisitive email about a week ago where I voiced my curiosity and concerns about the current playfield situation.
They are aware of everything and I was told a plan will be announced in the upcoming days. He was not able to go into details since I personally believe he wants his distributors to hear his plans first...then his customers which makes sense to me.
Based on my call, I could sense that he is taking this situation INCREDIBLY serious and has probably been pulling all nighters with his teams formulating the best way to fix the current problems and right the ship so they can quickly get back to cranking out new games."
-Ran

Ran >> does your game have issues?

#3359 7 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

we used to have threads like that. it's not allowed any longer

It may be allowed in the basement now???

#3476 7 years ago

It is a reasonable solution IF they can turn it around in under 2 weeks! No reaosn you shoudl be sitting with an unused game for any longer than the time of shipping.

Day 1 > you get the box. Load in your crappy populated pf.
Max of 5 days shipping
Day 6-9 > they swap all parts onto new pf, playtest, and ship it out.
Max of 5 days shipping
Day 14 you install new populated pf.

That said, I know of people that showed up to Stern last year at Expo with their crap MET pf and they swapped it for them on the spot. They had a new game and went home with it at the end of expo.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Elgin, OK
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 35.50
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pin Modster

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 114.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

$ 26.95
$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 22.95
Playfield - Plastics
RGP Models

$ 29.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

11,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lubbock, TX
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 14.00
Playfield - Other
Space Coast Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider whysnow.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hey-stern-are-you-serious?tu=whysnow and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.