Screenshot_20170821-154508 (resized).jpg
20170613_213020 (resized).jpg
20170613_213015 (resized).jpg
IMG_6111 (resized).JPG
IMAG8309 (resized).jpg
IMAG8310 (resized).jpg
IMAG8311 (resized).jpg
IMAG8312 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider visi0n.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2417 7 years ago
Quoted from paulywalnuts23:

Once again the biggest problem I see is the silence from Stern. A simple acknowledgment of the issue and we are looking into it and possible solutions would go a long way. I also believe it stops posts like these from growing and possibly creating a bigger problem for Stern in the long run. The silence comes across to me, and as I have read many others, as arrogance and failure to accept any responsibility for the issue.

I wish I could up vote this more than once.

#2878 7 years ago

Really shows the risk these pinball companies are engaged in where one-two titles could make or break a company. Even for an established industry-tentpole like Stern. Stern's risk and liability seems incredible here and the little guys (Distributors and Suppliers) probably aren't equipped to take a hit like this.

It is going to be interesting to see how this plays out.

Staying w/ my GB Premium order b/c I really don't see Stern furthering their liability exposure by willfully and knowingly shipping compromised playfields to a distribution that is probably 4x-6x larger than the LE run.

If they do, then they just add all of us GB Premium buyers left to the already sizable and growing angry mob.

I hope that those of you already affected by this get a satisfying solution that doesn't kill their business or supply chain.

For their own sake I hope Stern stops stepping on their own junk like this or we can hang up any talk of a Star Wars pin (or whatever) - they won't be around to do it.

#2970 7 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

It does not matter if it was only a single game.
JJP did not take care of it's customers in a way befitting an $8000 pin.
They sent out some $2 stickers and said "Here is your repair. Enjoy it bitch.".
If Stern sends out a sheet of repair stickers, Pinside will implode......

False.

When I started researching to buy my WOZ, I asked alot of folks. In the process I met 3 people in my region alone that JJP sent entirely new playfields, plus other concessions. In each of those 3 people, I thought it ironic that the problems apparently were not bad enough to warrant them doing the playfield swap, they continued to play and enjoy their games on the original playfield. 2 stored the playfields away for later or as a bonus when they sold their machine, one sold his new playfield on eBay. 1 of the 3 sold his WOZ and JJP even created / extended a warranty and transferred it to the buyer.

#3086 7 years ago

Wasn't there a Gary Stern / Vigo photoshop image floating around here awhlie back? That might be the fix-my-playfield image for a shirt to wear at expo.

#3123 7 years ago

At least you guys gave me something to drone on about while I sit on conference calls today........

http://arcadeshenanigans.com/blog/2016/8/15/the-ghostbusters-effect

well, that and surf the internet looking at cars, drooling..

#3311 7 years ago
Quoted from stoptap:

Yup. They recently repaired my Transformers CPU board for me. Chas is da man.

Yep, similar experience here too. They repaired a friend mine's Avatar MPU (sound issue) - for a fair price and in a couple of weeks. They replaced an LED board on my out-of-warranty Star Trek Premium, for free and they didn't have me go out of my way with any annoying and needless troubleshooting silliness, either. I sent a detailed email and got a similarly detailed response. Quick resolution.

By contrast, My company (used to) pay Rackspace the price of one of these pins per month for a couple (small) servers in a leased hosting arrangement and by contrast to get something fixed with server hardware, took 2-hour phone calls and a pile of paperwork. Many hoops to jump through.

In fact, both Stern and JJP have both been good to me on support, thus far with pins. I'm sure being months behind on production, supply chain issues, quality issues is probably not helping their support capacity right now for GB. I hope that the 'program' Gary mentioned to KPG is going to be a populated playfield swap for affected games. I wonder if the 'program' and expenses related have some weird derivative financial implications through bonding and insurance or something?

At any rate, not to beat a dead horse but wanted to be fair and mention Stern has done right by me, so far.

#3459 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Ok, another update... back to being pissed off at the situation
So,....

I wonder if they could give you a solid estimate on how long the swap would take?

I mean, they have the capability to do it in the day, not a month. If it were me (and heck, it may be me soon, as well) - I'd push for a turnaround commitment at minimum or maybe meet in the middle with a cross-ship arrangement with a Net 15 terms attached conditional on the playfield return.

I wonder why this has to be so hard?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 22.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

5,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 29.95
$ 36.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
Advance, NC
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Athens, TX
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pin Modster

$ 68.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider visi0n.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hey-stern-are-you-serious?tu=visi0n and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.