Screenshot_20170821-154508 (resized).jpg
20170613_213020 (resized).jpg
20170613_213015 (resized).jpg
IMG_6111 (resized).JPG
IMAG8309 (resized).jpg
IMAG8310 (resized).jpg
IMAG8311 (resized).jpg
IMAG8312 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider thelaw.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#29 7 years ago
Quoted from mayuh:

It's a problem Stern didn't have a year ago - but now they do. Period.

Common problem on GOT machines. So I agree...a yearish

#33 7 years ago

The GB clear doesn;t seem anywhere near as good as GOTs....although I'm a layman in such matters. You can see/feel dips where the inserts are.

#36 7 years ago
Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

You're also a layman on toppers.

ha...fuckign n00bs.

#42 7 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Really? I've seen a couple of GOT pro with paper thin clear that you can feel and see the raise of inserts in, if goes GB looks worse that's going to be an achievement in corner cutting, might as well just ship GB with no clear at all.

Interesting...could be when they did or it what batch or no reason at all? I know a few of us around my area GOTs clear was , shockingly might I add, really thick. Hjmm...maybe an overseas thing?

Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

They are making a lot of money and it's seemingly becoming just all about profits.

Don;t think that's anything new

Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

Nothing stinks worse then opening a $6-8K pin up then having issues like this show up after a few hundred plays.

Yeah actualy it sucks for pro owners too

#65 7 years ago
Quoted from happilymarried05:

wth hell does everyone always say "contact your distributor" the distributor is the "middle man" everyone knows where the problems lay so why not contact stern directly?

If I buy a new car

Because Stern doesn't give a shit

Carguments were ruled out of Pinside in 2015; please stop.

#69 7 years ago
Quoted from judremy:

Check out this video of the Stern plant where Gomez says they go over EVERY playfield twice and make sure there are no issues before using it:
» YouTube video

Wow the president of a company is a liar...shocking!!!

1 month later
#1404 7 years ago
Quoted from Compy:

Same here. Except I got booted for simply offering to help address the lack of code updates. Maybe they thought I was being sarcastic.

I would

#1410 7 years ago
Quoted from kapsreiter:

may be thats the only way what they understand.

you know the only way they'll understand; we all do.

#1446 7 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

I think if mine had ghosting I'd be frustrated and if Stern offered me a new playfield at their cost I would accept that as a solution.

That's mighty white of you

#1452 7 years ago

GOT was known for ghosting as well, but the clear seemed much superior to my early GB. Wonder if that would at least help the sinking insert?

#1528 7 years ago
Quoted from inhomearcades:

If they do, the last place you will find me is on the internet complaining about it.

Funny, that doesn't sound like you; at all.

#1530 7 years ago

Switch location is fine, if you can't get to it you need to lose weight.

#1537 7 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

After seeing this pic of you on the net I realize you should have no problem!

Hey a post from you without a sexual orientation quip; you're making progress!

Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Wow. Well, I guess car manufacturers should force drivers to start theirs cars by opening the hood and accessing the engine since the ignition would then be closer to the starter, lol.

A cargument; how refreshing.

Really isn't that much harder to reach, doesn't bother me that much is all. We've got REAL issues like ghosting inserts and chipped PFs and people crying aboot moving their arms to the side...jesus. Havn't heard this much pointless crying since the AMC logo on TWD

Quoted from paul_8788:

I also don't get how is it less convenient for the operator.

Real arcade would have all their games on breakers anyway.

#1543 7 years ago
Quoted from inhomearcades:

My only complaints here reside with the people that ruin this site.

That's a long uphill battle to fight

2 weeks later
#2310 7 years ago
Quoted from Air_Pinball:

Me too. Haters gonna hate.

"It’s the most stupid phrase in pop culture—overused, meaningless, and hugged close by celebrities like Taylor Swift who unconvincingly claim victimhood. Drop it, and vacate the playground."

Sounds aboot right for this crowd

6 months later
#5640 7 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

So quit sending your hard-earned $$ to Stern and send it to Heighway, Multimorphic, JJP, and Dutch Pinball instead if you want the pinball industry to become stronger, and its customers happier.

I have monies in my hands...can I buy a machine now from any of those companies for under 6k?

#5642 7 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

I realize it's not under $6k, but looks like Full Throttle is $6,300 and Alien is $6,450. So Heighway is still ~$1k above Stern street prices, but not terribly far off from your target.

Right but the first part of my question was can I get one now? I can get plenty of Sterns right now if I want to by going to my distro. Alien is finally shipping so that line has to be a long wait? If I ordered a FT how long would it take?
I'm not even mentioning the shipping prices which I wouldn't pay....nor will i mention buying a dutch game

#5644 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Is Dutch still taking money, if so where do we sign up?

Right here...it's going greeeeeeeeat
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-the-big-lebowski-1#post-3612374

#5647 7 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

You cannot be serious, magna slings are an absolute riot. I'm not saying put them on every pinball machine or anything like that, but they are perfect for GB!

They are a great idea, but to me hurt by the 1 switch per sling set up. The total randomness doesn't bother me, not every game has to be the same, but most of the time they get no reaction at all.
Games can be lame and have good ideas.

#5649 7 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Seems like they get more active as you get deeper into the game. They seem kinda like normal slings at the start of a new game, but if you have a great game going they start getting very wild.

Yeah i like that part and it makes sense...but they do not work anywhere near normal slings at the start. Again, the 1 switch issue.

#5653 7 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

So buy a used game then if you're that impetuous! Saving pinball requires sacrifice!

I have enough right now , but my point of course is just rebutting simple throw outs statements like "Don't buy Stern buy Heighway, Dutch, or JJP." Sure...easier said than done though.

#5764 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I have faith in Lyman. He tends to finish what he starts.
Case in point- Metallica has received an update more recently than Kiss.

Yeah you just have to be ready to wait a very long time.

#5766 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I'd rather have him finish it right than it be a rush job then ignored like some other games seem to be.

I guess I don't see taking so long to implement the CIU modes in to MET as being a "rush job." I mean...you have to know what they are when the game was made? I guess you don't, but that's pretty weird....but as I've learned on pinside code computer stuff is the #1 hardest thing in the entire world according to the people here that do computer coding.

#5769 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

If you don't have it to play, how do you know how it will work?

Yeah, I don't follow that logic really. But I'm sure it isn't keeping them up at night.

#5827 7 years ago
Quoted from Edenecho:

The first thing one should do is get a shooter lane cliffy protector?

Quoted from paulywalnuts23:

Shouldn't need it.

It IS true you shouldn't need one, but what you should do is just lay down some Mylar in the shooter lane to keep it from getting damaged too much. It's not a bad deal gamewise but some asshole is going to come snooping around when you want to sell it and start complaining.

1 week later
#5932 7 years ago

Everything except "putting a dagger in sales;" you nailed it.

4 weeks later
#5969 7 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Can't you make a road trip into the U.S. and save a few thousand? Is that illegal?

No he'd have to declare it going over the border

#5972 7 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

What does that mean though? He's not allowed or he'd have to pay a big tax on it or what?

I believe they will tax his ass right there...unless you try to sneak it over which is kind of hard.

EDIT: as below 13%
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/usa-to-canada-and-back-crossing-the-border-with-pins

2 months later
#6019 6 years ago
Quoted from AstonEnthusiast:

Process took about 7 months of waiting for mine,

3 weeks later
#6135 6 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

So are you saying when other companies release a pinball,...

Quoted from Procrastinator:

It's almost like "yea, I know the throttle on that Toyota stuck and killed a few people, but did you see the ignition problems Chevrolet has?"

#6155 6 years ago
Quoted from rogerroger:

How many games do they have out that don't have 100% finished code? And I'm not talking about games with occasional bugs.

That's a long discussion with no clear answer & people don't agree.

#6199 6 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

The cabinet makes the game look like a box of plates for a toddler's birthday party.

Well yeah basically....

#6225 6 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

I quit taking pictures after the finding the first 3 ghosting inserts - there were more.

Were they um....over 3+ node boards?

#6247 6 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

... I highly dislike the Math-Chess rules, ....

But you don't have to focus on them at all...you can just play the game without working on the multipliers.

#6285 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I think iceman has drank one too many tonight!

Show some respect newb....iceman has never had only 1 too many!

But Ice is totally correct...we all know "pinball is hard" and all that shit but did every company just literally forget how to make a pinball machine?!?

#6288 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

No disrespect for iceman here. He's a good guy and an asset to this hobby. I wish everyone on here was as cool as iceman is!

I gave you a thumbs up above and then you go a little to weird here man.

2 weeks later
#6433 6 years ago

Uff that's a full smattering there.

#6441 6 years ago
Quoted from capguntrooper:

Well the new FS threads are going to have to start adding ghosting or no ghosting with the HUO label.

Well yeah they pretty much have basically...not title but yeah you gotta have pics of those inserts for sure.
And that many inserts above...all right out of the box...jeez.

1 month later
#6543 6 years ago
Quoted from AtTheArcade:

Hopefully that's not ghosting.

looks like it from here

#6549 6 years ago

I just yesterday took a hard look at my GOT and there is a small amount of ghosting on the PLayfield X small inserts.

Bought June 6th 2016

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

6,575 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fort Wayne, IN
$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 26.95
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Hot Springs, AR
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 36.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

5,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Alexandria, VA
$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 169.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 4.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider thelaw.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hey-stern-are-you-serious?tu=thelaw and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.