Screenshot_20170821-154508 (resized).jpg
20170613_213020 (resized).jpg
20170613_213015 (resized).jpg
IMG_6111 (resized).JPG
IMAG8309 (resized).jpg
IMAG8310 (resized).jpg
IMAG8311 (resized).jpg
IMAG8312 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider snakesnsparklers.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2788 7 years ago
Quoted from xfassa:

Worst case scenario: Stern says quality is acceptable and refuses to replace playfields
Solution: Unpopulate the playfield, send out to reputable clear coater, repopulate playfield, enjoy for lifetime
Time: A couple of weekends to unpopulate/populate playfield. 6-12 weeks to clear.
Costs: Your time and $300-$600 for clear
Bottomline: It sucks it has to be this way but for 5% of the purchase price, the playfield can be bulletproofed.
Honestly, if this game is as good as the early reviews suggest, a new clear will be money well spent.

You are minimizing the value of people's time. It is no small task to unpopulate and repopulate a playfield, and you better hope you don't damage or lose something in the process.

#3278 7 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Glad to hear Stern will take care of this. Thanks for sharing.

I'm taking it with a grain of salt for now. Actions speak louder than words.

#3287 7 years ago
Quoted from smokedog:

Does anyone seriously believe Stern will do nothing to rectify the issues people are experiencing? Like, nothing at all, and just tell all these folks thanks for your cash, now go pound sand?

I believe it's a possibility and I sure hope that doesn't happen. Like I said, I won't believe anything until they take action. A phone call from Gary Stern does nothing to make me feel better about the issue.

1 week later
#3855 7 years ago

Jared does what he needs to do to get paid. I don't blame him for doing his job, it just sucks that Stern is hiding this so blatantly.

1 week later
#4157 7 years ago
Quoted from Razorbak86:

Did your written agreement with your distributor stipulate what the distributor will do if Stern investigates your claim and decides not to replace your playfield?

Doubtful... Unless it's a great distributor that cares about it's customers they will probably say to go pound sand because they won't be covering it themselves.

#4180 7 years ago

I see so many posts about what Gary Stern said personally. Until I see some proven action, it's all lip service and means next to nothing. Gary knows how to BS and sell and schmooze. Guess I'm just a skeptic.

3 weeks later
#4348 7 years ago
Quoted from pinballkyle:

Just received my Star Trek pro made mid 2016. Look at the black lettering. Seems pretty light eh? This is also the case with the round inserts.

Uh oh it's the MMR insert printing issue all over again!

#4402 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinballpal:

I am talking about past experiences that I have had with STERN. Their is no reason in my mind why they will not continue their stellar warranty service that I have always received.

This sounds great, but this issue and the vast amount of games affected is a first for them. So far I haven't seen evidence that gives me a lot of confidence on how they will make everybody happy who has ghosting inserts and chipped playfield artwork. I'm not saying they won't fix it, just haven't seen any concrete evidence of it at this point.

#4432 7 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

Is there any argument that I first posted on Sept 10th? Feel free to double check and get back to me.
You're incorrect as the most recent playfield issue was before then.

You said you were done but I knew you wouldn't be.

1 month later
#4936 7 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

the last place I'd get any information from is a distributor. Stern have said they will sort everyone out - Gary Stern was very specific on that.

Didn't Gary also say the issues are very minor and they changed nothing in the playfield manufacturing???

1 week later
#4968 7 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Unfortunately not that uncommon these days. Basically the same as a TSB with car manufactures. If someone comes and complains replace it if they don't come then we do nothing.

This isn't even as good as a TSB. There will be no public announcement that gives specifics on the issues and the dates affected. If you complain, you MIGHT get a replacement PF :/

1 month later
#5030 7 years ago

I have new Met Pro with zero ghosting issues. Playfield date is 11/1/16

3 weeks later
#5211 7 years ago

Gary Stern is no better than a used car salesman who will spew any BS he can to try and get people forget the real issues and pony up more cash. He does NOT care about customers or quality or ANYTHING other than padding his pockets with more money by selling overpriced defective games.

#5290 7 years ago

I will never forget the "light table incident" from the recent Stern tour video. "QC guy" was checking playfields on a light table with the light not even plugged in or set up to be used in any regular manner.

#5299 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I'm under the assumption that there is zero chance it can or will be swept under the rug.

That's all fine and dandy but many would rather not assume.

#5327 7 years ago

DSC01954 (resized).JPGDSC01954 (resized).JPG

#5353 7 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Isn't this glue on the underside of the insert? I have it on several inserts on my GBLE, and it's really bad on my lightning bolt Slimer insert.

No it's not glue it's insert crazing and is not considered a defect.

#5388 7 years ago
Quoted from tacshose:

If anyone calls please record it

In Illinois you need both party's consent before you can record a call. You would have to ask them if it's ok to record the call first, and then they will either say no or hang up on you.

1 month later
#5620 7 years ago
Quoted from oyvindmo:

We received a replacement playfield for GoT back in August, but the old one is still here in the box and we're waiting for instructions. First we were supposed to get a paid return shipping label, but now it seems we're going to provide "proof of destruction" instead. Might involve drilling at some specified places and returning some key parts. The details are still to be decided. In the meantime we have a great source of replacement parts, so there's that

Photoshop some holes in the PF, boom you are done and have a backup.

1 week later
#5798 7 years ago

I like this thread, keep it open

1 week later
#5913 7 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I'd be really surprised if Stern had any of the same problems going forward after the pain in the ass this gave them...

Did you not see the flyer they posted that had ghosting Aerosmith inserts?

3 weeks later
#5949 6 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Figured I'd link this thread here as well. Looks like cabinets are starting to have issues as well.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sterns-new-cabinets

As a corrective action stern may send out notices to all potentially affected customers. The package will contain a single piece of paper, reading "No nudging allowed"

3 months later
#6099 6 years ago
Quoted from Monster_Bash:

Looks like that ghosting thing is taken care of

So.... every single Stern game since SMVE has had some examples of ghosting now?

#6240 6 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

There will be 17 Star Wars pros set up at California Extreme. If this is widespread, I'm sure that at least one of those will show ghosting.

Not true. I'm sure Stern can hand pick flawless games for a show.

#6243 6 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

"Stern" and "flawless" should never be used in the same sentence.

Heh, ghostless then?

2 weeks later
#6434 6 years ago

Don't worry Stern said ghosting is normal now.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
€ 160.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop
Under cabinet
$ 19.95
Electronics
Lermods
Electronics
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Backbox
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Bay Shore, NY
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
6,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Conifer, CO
$ 210.00
10,900 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Auburn, MA
$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 25.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations
Other
8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Greensboro, NC
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games
Toys/Add-ons
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 99.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games
Toys/Add-ons
$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods
Under cabinet
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
Toppers
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider snakesnsparklers.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hey-stern-are-you-serious?tu=snakesnsparklers and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.