Screenshot_20170821-154508 (resized).jpg
20170613_213020 (resized).jpg
20170613_213015 (resized).jpg
IMG_6111 (resized).JPG
IMAG8309 (resized).jpg
IMAG8310 (resized).jpg
IMAG8311 (resized).jpg
IMAG8312 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider smassa.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3641 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I thought you were going to ask if I was serious....

You are assuming people on here take you serious. lol

1 week later
#3808 7 years ago
Quoted from JellyNeck:

I bought a huo GoT pro built in February that had no ghosting issues. After playing the hell out of it for a few weeks the ghosting arrived. Sweeet.

Where in your house do you have this game? Is it inside or in a garage?

1 week later
#4094 7 years ago
Quoted from capguntrooper:

So you get a new populated play field? Good to know. What happens if you drop it or mess up your cabinet while you are in the process of swapping it out though? Is it then your fault you messed up your cab or new play field? I for see many an issue with this.

I'd say yes it is his fault.

#4121 7 years ago
Quoted from capguntrooper:

ME? All day long buddy, hell I would even ask you since you can't be that far from Cincinnati on your way to a game some time. The fact is I am sure there are plenty of older collectors with friends that are not so strapping to help muscle a pin, fact that time is money for a lot of people and fact that with a little more QC this would not be an issue. Every one who is having issues is not getting what they paid for and everyone can agree to that.

Gimme a F'ing break. Shit happens with these machines & if Stern is willing to replace the defective ones with fully populated replacement Playfields thats great. Those that whine about having to put them back in the cabinet probably shouldn't even have a machine in their house. I had an issue with my ACDC Luci & my distributor was able to get me a New populated PF which me & a friend swapped out. It took a little time but I was happy they took care of the issue. I'd wager any owner with issues would be more then happy to take the time to swap out a fully populated PF if offered it by Stern.

3 weeks later
#4406 7 years ago
Quoted from stoptap:

We've said it before and we will say it again, here in Europe that Stern 'warranty' isn't worth the paper it is written on.
You want to sell stuff in Europe ? You abide by European consumer law.

How many people in Europe have received a replacement play field?

3 months later
#5276 7 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Prototype game. Maybe if Stern did the same thing they would have known about their recent playfield issues!

Is the WOZ pictured above a "prototype game" also? Or is it that JJP can do no wrong in your eyes?

1 month later
#5689 7 years ago
Quoted from tacshose:

Agreed HUO machines should show zero wear, period, no matter the settings.

Whats your definition of wear? HUO game will still show minimal signs of wear. These things are made to be played and anytime a steel ball gets slammed around a wooden play field eventually wear will start to show.

4 months later
#6125 6 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

I'm so excited. Let the fun begin.

I'm curious what you find so funny. I've had issues with Stern pins & JJP in the past but both were resolved when going through the proper channels. Those that wanna come here directly and shit all over the company before giving them time to make it right aren't doing themselves any good. Things like this are going to happen, all you can do is work with your distributor to get things right. I swear I think some people on here get more pleasure by slamming on Stern or JJP then they do actually playing pinball.

#6146 6 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

My point is this. JJP releases there games with more complete code than STERN ever has. PERIOD!!! Going to be bug fixes and such.

Not too hard when you release 1 game every 2 years wouldn't you agree? Lets see what happens if they ever get to the point where they release 4-5 games a year and have to code update all of them.

#6152 6 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

Does anyone really want that though? Does Stern actually need that to keep the line going at a good pace? What if they gave a design team 12 months to do a game instead of 9 months? They don't need to maintain a release schedule in line with their historical release dates, they need to keep the line busy and release games when they are ready.

They employ a lot of people. Thats how they are able to produce so many games a week. I'm not sure what JJP can get out the door a week but i'd be shocked if they are able to build 1/4 the amount of games per week. If they aren't building games layoffs are bound to happen & thats never a good thing

#6154 6 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Exactly. JJP just started his company 4 years ago. Stern has been out how long? Plus it's very easy to produce 3-4 zizzles a year vs what JJP is producing.

AC/DC premium, Metallica Premium, TWD Premium are all as good if not better then anything JJP has put out and all have a fair amount of play field mechs. Then again most JJP fanboys only judge a game by how much crap you can put on a play field not if the game is actually fun to play or not.

And really JJP started 4 years ago??? May want to brush up on your JJP history. Or are you not counting the 3years it took to actually ship WOZ after the announcement?

#6160 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

It's all about that BOM, about that BOM...Isn't there a song to that effect?
And of course you are right Smassa, you mention Ac/dc, Metallica and the TWD masterpiece but you could go SO MUCH deeper.
Lotr, SM, WPT (who did those rules?), GB, AS etc. etc. Or what about ST, TSSP, TRON, IM, GOT, POTC, BM66, BDK, TF, XMEN, RBION, Monopoly, CSI, Mustang, FG...What else?
Greatest hits and then some!

I was just using those 3 as an example of games that Stern has come out with since JJP was in business. But yes Stern has had quite a few more solid games over the years.

#6161 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

How much? My inbox has ZERO offers. I'll entertain any offer for the Woz greatness.

I'll offer you a set of used Legs with some brand new Bolts and a Metallica Road case translite.

#6193 6 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

More and more people are slowing refusing to support a company with Sterns mindset. Stern does put out a hit here and there but they are not consistent when it comes to product quality and offering feature packed games with deep and unique code.

Like I said in another thread it's very easy to have constant code updates when you've released 3 pins in almost 7 years.

So if Stern was on the JJP plan and just released AC/DC, Metallica & TWD, all which were released after JJP came into the business you would be happy? All are very deep feature rich games with excellent code and IMO are better then what JJP has come out with to date (WoZ & Hobbit). Won't comment on Dialed in cause I haven't played it but safe to say most people would rather kill zombies then play a Sim city based game.

Yes stern hasn't hit a home run with many of the games released in the past 7 years but they also have had some very good titles (Tron, AS, ST, GoT) all come to mind and I'm sure there are others that some people like. That's what's great about Stern they are giving us choices. If you don't like it fine don't buy it. Unfortunately with JJP if you don't like one of their titles it may be a year or 2 before they have another option for you.

Of the 2 options I know which I'd prefer.

#6196 6 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

All that works to (kind of) excuse the slow code update and incomplete games, but why are they so bad at quality control? It has gotten worse over time too. My GBLE was NOT inspected properly before it shipped, and my replacement playfield wasn't either. I'm not talking about a missed little thing here and there, neither was capable of functioning without major work. They simply couldn't have tested those at all.
This whole "Are You Serious?" thread is more about their relaxed quality control, not so much about how complete their games are. People buy their games knowing the state of a game's code (unless it's that B66 debacle where nobody could have guessed how incomplete it was), but they generally trust that the game will be shipped without major build issues that could have easily been caught in a routine inspection.
The bigger company should have the better resources to do a better job. No, no company can catch everything and some amount of flawed product will get into the wild, but that "some" has been growing noticeably over time due to many different factors that Stern inflicts on themselves (cost cutting, poor inspections, rushed production, etc.).

The quality issues are unfortunate I hear you. I've had a new populated PF sent to me from an issue with my Luci and also needed a new lower cabinet for my ASLE.

Do these issues suck? Sure they do. Did Stern take care of me on every issue I've ever had? Yes.

No company is perfect and issues are going to come up all the time when dealing with pinball manufacturing. All you can do is go through the proper channels and get them resolved.

Those that want to come on here as soon as there is any issue and blast Stern or JJP is going about it wrong.

#6201 6 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Oh, they could have done much better, but the original is horrible.

Come on you think it's horrible???? Austin Powers is horrible. Original SM is not that bad.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 25.50
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 700.00
Hardware
Chrome Candy

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 24.95
Lighting - Other
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Boise, ID
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burnt Cabins, PA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 119.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 6.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider smassa.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hey-stern-are-you-serious?tu=smassa and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.