Screenshot_20170821-154508 (resized).jpg
20170613_213020 (resized).jpg
20170613_213015 (resized).jpg
IMG_6111 (resized).JPG
IMAG8309 (resized).jpg
IMAG8310 (resized).jpg
IMAG8311 (resized).jpg
IMAG8312 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider robotron.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2045 7 years ago

can i get maple from my ghosting gb le?
that be a bonus.
all my pins are sissy pins hardly played all decked out with toys and cliffies.
this one gb le is gonna get played with shaker on high until the playfield is worn out and all the inserts ghosted. if it starts to look like crap sell it off and buy a huo premium or off to the next title.
work hard play harder!

#2071 7 years ago

I am gonna unbox mine at a friends arcade/pin party. I hope everybody plays the crap outa it. its all about the fun. I have turned a page on my hobby and I aint gonna let this kinda stuff bother me. ghosting or non ghosting I am sure if you got major issues stern is gonna come to the table. play them, they are some serious toys to enjoy. think about owning a gb or any other pin, what a great toy to have, what a privilege. have fun and never forget we are very very lucky :

aviktoysfortots_(resized).jpgaviktoysfortots_(resized).jpg

#2081 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

True, we are lucky and are all fortunate to be in a better position then others. You can also say it was better to be born a human being, then the last bug that hit your windshield and splattered at 75MPH going down the freeway.
It's not about that- it's about companies selling very expensive products that are failing and it is not fair to the people who work their ass off to afford such games. Should Apple start selling iPhones that have 'ghosting' in their screens, and we should all then post a pic of some hungry child in a 3rd world country to make us more complacent in the rapid decline of consumer products, just in the name of more profits for the companies selling them to us? Because we could have been born a starving kid in Africa instead?
If you feel that bad, nothing is stopping you from liquidating your expensive pinball collection and going on a hunger mission and helping feed a village with that money.

not trying to pontificate. i ordered a gb le and payed in full 4 months ago. thru these 4 months i heard of the ghosting issues stern was having. i also heard they stopped shipping le because of this. from my understanding they started production again after adressing the issue. there are numerous reports of ghosting on le and other playfields. there is alot of speculation on why it is happening. in the meantime i can do 2 things, let my order be delivered, or cancel. i chose to have my order deliver and i told myself i am not gonna go apeshit over some ghosted inserts. i rolled the dice hopefully i wont come up snake eyes.

1 week later
#3044 7 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I honestly don't know whether to believe if this whole playfield problem is as hig of a deal as some people are trying to make it out to be or not. Obviously Stern is going to have some quality problems from time to time, just like any other manufacturers do. In the case of KPG though, he admitted in another thread that this Pin is in a garage that is not climate controlled and said that it gets very hot in there. I dont know where he lives but I live in Ohio and I can tell you that my garage gets so damn hot that I certainly wouldn't want my Pinball machines out there. If he lives in the south, its three times as bad as Ohio probably.
I am not ragging on KPG, I don't know him and he's probably a nice guy but I have to ask myself why does a guy have 30,000 dollars invested in 4 pinball machines and he wont spend another 400-500 on an air conditioner? He says the other machines are fine. I dont know if extreme heat is hard on a playfield or not, but I gotta believe that it probably is and im sure its hell on the electronics as well. I'm getting a new GB myself and yes I will be pissed if it has playfield issues, but I have a feeling that Stern may be taking some unnecessary heat and getting some bad publicity that they dont deserve on this playfield issue because of a few people on this forum. I personally love the machines they have put out over the last few years and im glad they are still around. I also believe that for the people that have serious problems that Stern will make it right.

heres mine in my arcade at 65 degrees 2 inserts cracked and below playfield by magna slings 7 inserts ghosting. i posted info on the ghosting thread.commercial machines should be able to handle hot and cold extremes right stern?

#3047 7 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

heres mine in my arcade at 65 degrees 2 inserts cracked and below playfield by magna slings 7 inserts ghosting. i posted info on the ghosting thread.commercial machines should be able to handle hot and cold extremes right stern?

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#3156 7 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

Enough with the PC crap on this thread/site. If you had the chance to buy a GBLE and didn't go through with it because of ghosting then you are a name that I can't say because I'll get a thread eject and probably an eject from the boards for 2 or more weeks. Enough with trying to please people. It's a Capitalist society, embrace it.

I have many many issues with my gble, but the damn pin is so much fun I just cant hate at the moment, I guess I am in the honeymoon stage.

#3263 7 years ago

what is shocking to me are the airballs on this game. they are ridiculous, how was this game shipped without being fine tuned to get rid of the crazy airballs??? a few $2.00 plastics would have went a long way to stop a lot of the airballs. I mean this game was tested correct? the inlane/outlane wires don't do anything barely to stop balls from jumping over, if it wasn't for the pinballlife kit I would be pretty frustrated by now.
the pin is a blast but like I said it was 95 percent mechanically completed imho.

#3268 7 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I have played alot of games on a pro at the local barcade and I havent seen many air balls, is this a problem on all 3 models or just LE and premiums? I did however have many balls jumping over the inlane/outlane rails and that really sucks and should be fixed. The air balls need fixed also if its a problem. I know my TWD occasionally has some serious air balls as well, it looks like a baseball player knocking one out of the park or something! Issues like those need to be fixed before the first machine ever leaves the factory.

i think the le has more airballs because of the ls ramp design. the balls smash into the glass so hard and i wonder how it doesnt break. btw the wd le airballs off ls ramp are nothing compared to gb le and wd le was another pin that had issues that were not addressed when shipped. stern did put out a plastic kit later on though so i am expecting the same for gb le.
i own both btw.

#3274 7 years ago

btw not saying the airballs causing the playfield issues. just saying airballs are frequent and bad on MINE and they are very annoying. more so before i installed the inlane/outlane plastics.

#3373 7 years ago
Quoted from pinballrockstar:

Ok f@ck it...i am doing this...draindraindrain!
I get nowhere! Love the machine but it is not playable?

gonna do this later also!! i suck!

#3434 7 years ago

ohhh....i thought misogynist was this:

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#3439 7 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

Do you guys play pinball at all, or just spend your days posting on this forum?

i played my wd le 3 times. i installed the ramp extension kit. played tron le 3 times
gb le twice. my legs gave out as i had a 2:30 minute commute and now it was time to chill and shoot the sh#t.

#3441 7 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

Ramp extension kit, for TWD LE? Whats that?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-twd-lepremium-left-ramp-fix

fixes the ls ramp on wd le. it works!

#3484 7 years ago

i am gonna play mine for a few more months cause i dont think they have a fix for the playfield yet. by then the playfield is gonna be crap and they cant deny me one. i am gonna send mine and wait the month, swap it out when i get it and sell the pin. i am gonna take my very nice tz from the garcade and put it in its place. never look back. live and learn. i also have a heighway aliens coming so i am ok.
pat lawlor jjp no 3 should be announced and i have my pin fix for a very long time.
stern who??

#3515 7 years ago

when you call your dist to make a claim
they call stern and stern sends you parts for the repairs. they usually ask for the old parts back like pcbs and playfields. misc parts like ramps and plastics are normally scrap. if the old parts are not returned by the customer the distributor gets billed by stern. if the dist doesnt know you well, they might ask for a deposit on the parts and refund to you after stern credits them just to make sure you dont keep the old parts. dist can lose a ton of money if they are not careful.

#3570 7 years ago

5000 is alot to risk being charged to your credit card. what happens if the playfield lost or damaged?
i am gonna take mine off and send it back to stern and wait for the turn around. live and learn. this is the chance and the risk when you buy a nib pin. its almost as bad as gambling. snake eyes anyone?

#3624 7 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

If you are buying $8000 pins, I imagine you are at the point in your life where you have credit cards with $25,000- $100,000 limits.

my max credit card is 5000.00.
i do this on purpose. too many credit card thieves these days.

#3627 7 years ago

off topic but those new cc with rfid are easy to "clone". i ordered rfid blocking wallets for my family. thieves walk around malls and scan rfids all day now. the rfid blocking wallet prevents this.

#3644 7 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

This is hysteria created by the makers of Identity theft protection services and rfid blocking wallets to make you buy. Real world there's not much they can do with whatever they DO get from your RFID. Certainly nowhere close to the damage from a stripe card.

my rfid was copied twice. i live in ny the capital of thieves. my rfid was compromised. yes they were able to use it once but still it was. i had to cancel reorder all my cards because of this.

1 week later
#3864 7 years ago

my buddies gb le. he isnt on pinside. wood filler and chipped. box was perfect on delivery. pretty messed up. also has mismatched rails.

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#3920 7 years ago

funny how you have to be the "lucky one"
if you got no issues on your 8000 pin!

#3954 7 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

What exactly did he say?

he said he was hard at work with kiss code and hasnt been able to come up with a plan for the defective playfields they knowingly put on le's and only they wont be replacing just ghosting and thats normal nowadays with epa and govt regulations. he said if there was an obvious issue he wouldnt have sold out batman 66 le's in an hour. we have no issues.

#3971 7 years ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

Ridiculous and negligent if true.

Arrogant POS, if true

i was just making a joke about what he would say. i have never spoken to gary.
btw i was playing gb just now. i am pretty much blown away. the pin is awesome. playfield issues really suck though. really sorry though. i know i can be more mature.

4 weeks later
#4404 7 years ago

i have a gb le that is getting worse everytime i play. the ghosting is spreading to many more inserts, the inserts by the magna slings are below the playfield and edges of the inserts are cracking. the shooting lane clear is smudging where the ball comes out. i am gonna play the hell outa it for next few weeks and then send pics to my distributor who i have already contacted about the issues. i AM expecting a new playfield. i wont buy another nib till i know my gb playfield will be swapped. i am not a stern hater, i just love my gb le gameplay and package, not happy with the defects thats all. i need to be made whole before i would buy any more pins from stern.

#4426 7 years ago

prices are going up and quality going down. of all the places to cut cost, the worst would be the playfield. stern has a huge problem that needs to be addressed. i dont know how anybody could commit to bm66 or any of their current run of pins.
i could have a million cash on hand and wouldnt by a nib at this moment.

#4467 7 years ago

i am a believer. playing gb le is alot of fun. waiting for jan for my playfield box to come.

IMG_8514 (resized).JPGIMG_8514 (resized).JPG

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 22.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Moravia, NY
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Boise, ID
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 18.99
Tools
FlipMods

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 103.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

15,699 (OBO)
$ 14.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 29.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

7,600 (OBO)
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider robotron.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hey-stern-are-you-serious?tu=robotron and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.