Screenshot_20170821-154508 (resized).jpg
20170613_213020 (resized).jpg
20170613_213015 (resized).jpg
IMG_6111 (resized).JPG
IMAG8309 (resized).jpg
IMAG8310 (resized).jpg
IMAG8311 (resized).jpg
IMAG8312 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pureto.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#54 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

may want to get your facts straight. things have changed.
FUN industries appears to be making current junk. Stern appears to be bringing stuff in house and is somewhere in transition.

Huh?

#145 7 years ago
Quoted from RandomGuyOffCL:

Sadly, I believe the correct way to buy a stern these days is second hand huo...once it has fully cured.

What is the curing time on a playfield?

Playfields may have been manufactured months be for the game was assembled.

#190 7 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

Well I just bought my first NIB game a few weeks ago, after many years of buying used, routed games and fixing them up.
The best thing about buying NIB is the smell... That "new game" smell is fantastic!
But yeah, the idea of owning NIB is much better than the reality I think... watching the clearcoat chip off the drain hole in the first week (before I realized it needed additional protection day one - thanks Stern!), the ball dimples, etc. is not a good feeling.
I'll probably look for used HUO when buying newer games in the future. But each to their own.

What game... What protection around what drain hole? Some actual info would be helpful.

#202 7 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

My new Metallica Pro LED. The drain hole on the new Sterns apparently has a design flaw where all the clear chips away almost instantly. I made a thread about it: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-my-nib-metallica-pro-playfield-defective
So if you DO decide to buy NIB, plan on adding protection to the drain hole *before* you shoot your first ball. Make sure it extends inside the hole to the wood edge as this gets smashed by the ball. I'm not even sure if simple mylar would be enough to prevent this long term, seems like a metal "cliffy" type protection is warranted really, and this should be applied at the factory IMHO.

My NIB ST Pro is being delivered tomorrow. Where can I get some Mylar in a hurry? Wonder I'd a sign/graphics shop would have?

#204 7 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Man. A lot of noise and poor assumptions in this thread.

Lots of noise yesterday in Toronto when Edwin hit 2 home runs against Baltimore yesterday.

Oh and on Friday when he hit the walk off HR in the 10th on Friday night. I was at that game.

#207 7 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Not nearly as much noise as the roar of approval from the entirety of MLB nation when Odor unleashed the hit of century.

No comment

#818 7 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

Another thing that has to be taken into consideration is that on a forum like this is that all your going to hear is negative, maybe I should start a thread "Got my first NIB and I am extremely happy", but what fun would that be

Just got my NIB ST Pro on Monday and I'm extremely happy. Been too busy playing to get the magnifying glass out and look for imperfections.

#974 7 years ago

Why do ppl not post some useful info... Such as build date and/or playfield number.

Maybe a pattern or batch can be identified.

#978 7 years ago
Quoted from LadySlingshot:

Since the issue has occurred on SMVE and GB, it seems the manufacturing process is the issue, not a bad batch here or there. A real shame.

Oh... So it's only these 2 titles. No other games have this issue?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 14.00
Playfield - Other
Space Coast Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
$ 25.50
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 33.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Machine - For Sale
Rockland, ON
$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Appleton, WI
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Boston, MA
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 22.95
Playfield - Plastics
RGP Models

$ 25.95

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pureto.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hey-stern-are-you-serious?tu=pureto and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.