Screenshot_20170821-154508 (resized).jpg
20170613_213020 (resized).jpg
20170613_213015 (resized).jpg
IMG_6111 (resized).JPG
IMAG8309 (resized).jpg
IMAG8310 (resized).jpg
IMAG8311 (resized).jpg
IMAG8312 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mitch.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1063 7 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

It makes no sense to many for home market buyers to buy LEs as your just paying extra for art work.

I'm buying a GB LE because I love the slimer artwork and powder coat. I'll buy the premium instead if you can find someone to change the artwork, do the powder coat and ad a shaker for less then the LE mark up but good luck buying the LE decals.

3 weeks later
#1457 7 years ago
Quoted from inhomearcades:

I have followed this thread from the start. These are pinball machines, people need to stop acting like they are pieces of art. They are not advertised that way, and just because some people have higher expectations than what is produced doesn't make it wrong or a defect.
And for gods sake, everyone can stop mentioning how much games are. It is completely irrelevant, a product either matches the advertised expectations or it doesn't, price has nothing to do with that.

Just cause you asked mine cost 12k and if I was told it might have Defects in the the clear, yes DEFECTS, I wouldn't have paid 12k. My expectation was that for 12k (that's $12,000) I would get me the same quality as my met prem, mustang prem or RCT all of which cost less then 12k and have no clear DEFECTS also known as ghosting. That was all i was expecting for 12k.

#1459 7 years ago

Price is revalevent, If they offered part of my money back i would be ok with the ghosting at a lower price. I bought the high end LE not some base model. You pay the premium price you should get a premium product.

#1461 7 years ago
Quoted from JimB:

A companies track record matters. They have sold how many pinball machines ahead of this issue with zero occurrences? Why should consumers accept this as the new normal?

#1463 7 years ago

If you want a premium product than price is irrelevant. All you should care about is the quality above the money. Now it just sounds like your a squeaky wheel who wants a partial refund. If you care about that "premium game" being above and beyond the standard one from the beginning than nothing else short of it being premium should suffice.

I would gladly take a populated swap over money. I'd rather have a mint game but if I'm stuck with the shitty playfield I don't see why I should have had to pay so much for it.

#1478 7 years ago

ya had to convert to canadian then add 13% tax on it.

#1600 7 years ago
Quoted from SadSack:

With just a few more guys like you, none of us will ever afford a pinball machine. If I spent 12 grand on a toy, I'd expect to be reamed in numerous ways. You are in the wrong market, you should be buying art or jewelry. Maybe you can send your machine out to HEP and spend another 10 grand to get what you really want... more bragging rights.

And for gods sake, everyone can stop mentioning how much games are. It is completely irrelevant

You obviously didn't read the post above mine. I only wrote the price so many times to bug inhomearccades. Get a life

#1619 7 years ago

I got to see another in canada today at a buddys house with ghosting starting.

#1639 7 years ago

my original SM and sopranos had the ribbing

#1698 7 years ago

Even if they did through QC and then your distributor looked it over they wouldn't see anything. I have unboxing pics inserts perfect they starting showing up 2 days after I started playing it.

#1784 7 years ago
Quoted from multibrawlr:

Woah, I'd hate to unbox a game with a mess up like that! Shouldn't he be able to get a new, free Ghostbusters apron from Stern?

I'm sure they will

#1796 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Well guys
I'm officially PISSED.
I didn't think too much of this ghosted insert BS, as my game looked great out of the box.
But this is crap. 3 inserts ghosted over night, and it looks like shit.
The Add a ball, Tobin spirit guide, and extra ball inserts are ghosted very badly.
Haven't even put in a thought on how to go about it from here.. This is unacceptable for a $8,000 purchase when people have made Stern aware of this for a while now.
I'm going to be this is going to happen to a lot of LEs!! Just because it looks good out of the box doesn't mean shit !

I told everyone that it took 2 days for them to appear on mine. Good luck with stern I haven't heard anything in 3 weeks. My distributor keeps saying they are looking into it.

#1817 7 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

I have a GOT that has some inserts ghosting too but I honestly do not notice it at all when I'm playing. I understand it is a cosmetic issue and it should not be happening but what's with all the fuss? How can this be fixed by Stern? Just play your games and have fun, once they figure it out hopefully Stern will correct it for all of us.

Squeaky wheel gets the grease.

#1844 7 years ago

If and that's a big IF ... they decide to do a populated swap I've read they will send you a empty box. You then pull your populated playfield out and ship it to them. Then stern swaps your parts to the new playfield and sends it back. (sometimes forgetting to connect everything ) You then put it back in your machine plug the connector into the backbox and hope everthing works right.

#2091 7 years ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

$1000 for a day's work... I'm not in the right professsion.

I'd like to see a playfield swap done in a day and be working 100%

#2316 7 years ago
Quoted from AstonEnthusiast:Slimer tripping over the play field like a drunk high school kid under the bleachers.

This is normal he hits the black metal above the captive ball and the building above the pops. Of you want to fix it check out my pics in the ghostbusters issues thread.

#2695 7 years ago

I have ghosting on mine and haven't posted pics..... yet. I also know 3 other people who have ghosting on there LE and haven't posted. We are all on contact with our distributors and waiting for a solution.

#2905 7 years ago
Quoted from PinballAlley:

Hi All,
It is apparent that he purchased the pinball from the wrong dealer. If he had purchased his pinball from me or a number of other dealers who are reputable, he would be happy right now and chirping like a bird. As I stated in my post. Find a dealer who stands behind what they sell with a written warrantee. We give a full year on all new Pinballs. We also assemble the pinball before we deliver it. I would never knowingly deliver a pinball with such issues and would correct them quickly if I did. These purchases represent a major life purchase. Regardless of you social status, this is a major investment and needs to be right. ASK before you buy. Ask what happens if something goes wrong. What is your written warrantee? To blame Stern is wrong. They have no idea what happened to the pinball after it left the factory. You purchased it from the dealer. They are the one you need to get relief from. He in turn needs to go to Stern but that should never involve the customer. I hate seeing this stuff as it effects the business as a whole. I hope it doesn't turn off sales. Stern makes wonderful and fun pinball machines. You need to find the right dealer to make the experience a positive one.
Thanks - Jerry
(Pinball Alley)

He has 8 posts and they are all just advertising his buisness and bashing the competition. This is worse then trolling to me.

#3214 7 years ago
Quoted from jackofdiamonds:

Somebody somewhere in the pinside universe said Stern has acquired the "pants press" a giant play field dimpler

Stern has owned this since its data east days. They have always done their own dimpling in house. That hasnt changed.

#3582 7 years ago
Quoted from weapon76:

Its all F....d!! Every way you look at it... And now a rumored 5k deposit for a exchanged pf till new pf is received ???.... Bye Bye Stern and hello JJP & Highway for me if this is true... pffft

You clearly have reading comprehension issues. It's only a 5k deposit if you want the new one before you send your old one. If you ship your old playfield back then they switch the parts to a new one and send it back to you no charge not even shipping. Are the just supposed to give you a brand new populated playfield up front and just hope you send the old one back? Alot of people would just keep both. It's just to ensure you don't keep both.

#3592 7 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

What I haven't seen or heard yet is whether stern has taken any corrective action for future playfields and games. Any word on that?

Nope

#3680 7 years ago

Art it looks like your plastic goes too deep up the ramp flap and the balls probably hit it when they roll under. I had that issue and yours looks like my proto type. My new design works perfect.

20160813_163804 (resized).jpg20160813_163804 (resized).jpg

#3682 7 years ago

ya I have no standoffs so the ball gets almost zero air off targets. My slimer doesn't hit anywhere even if you manually move him back with your hand.

#3684 7 years ago

mine is cut back from the ramp flap and I used pretty thick polycarbonate. click on my pic and look close-up

#3685 7 years ago

Also if you look at my posts on the GB issues thread I ground the cable on the bottom of my slimer then raised it up with 2 shooter rod washers.

20160803_183204 (resized).jpg20160803_183204 (resized).jpg

d94ded9fb9badc9148e44b7fe70a6aa869847329 (resized).jpgd94ded9fb9badc9148e44b7fe70a6aa869847329 (resized).jpg

20160803_183242 (resized).jpg20160803_183242 (resized).jpg

763889837198c81fee7ee94b5afb97223bef31d0 (resized).jpg763889837198c81fee7ee94b5afb97223bef31d0 (resized).jpg

12423659e5f03b9ff75f23b583a16c4f7b026aec (resized).jpg12423659e5f03b9ff75f23b583a16c4f7b026aec (resized).jpg

#3687 7 years ago

none of the ghost target is covered. Was originally but didn't fit well and don't need it.

#3688 7 years ago

I made my plastic with nothing but a bench grinder lol

#3690 7 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Gotcha,
Im not interested in stepping on toes, so if you were planning on producing those, please do share.
Certainly, if people prefer this, its best for all. So please guys jump in.
If anyone else is in the game, with plans, please share so that the gang gets whats best.

Feel free to copy my idea. I'd like to buy a professionally cut one. A proper cutter makes the edges so much better then a bench grinder.
I actually have it pulled off right now I can take a better picture tommorow if you want.

#3701 7 years ago

Here's a picture of my protector art. I don't have a scanner but if you really want I can trace it out and send you a trace.

20160823_140151 (resized).jpg20160823_140151 (resized).jpg

#3704 7 years ago

This is what I used as it was all they had at home Depot. tried breaking a spare piece with a hammer and couldn't.

14719843663091494260214 (resized).jpg14719843663091494260214 (resized).jpg

#3705 7 years ago

Contacted my distributor again today. They are still looking into the playfield issues. Ontop of that my ramp shots never exit the subway. They almost make it back up then fall back down and roll back and forth under the playfield. I've tried changing the angle. tried 6, 6.5, 7 and 7.5 none help. Nothing looks broken.
Sent Chas at Stern pics and video waiting to hear back as they haven't seen this issue before they said. It makes the game unplayable and has become a $12000 paper weight.
Seriously considering returning it and eating the 15% restocking fee.

#3709 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

That's F ed up. The only time mine gets stuck in there is when an air ball hops into the subway and then the ball search kicks it out.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3XoAMy4fHpsQ3V0QWZUTW9xSTg/view?pref=2&pli=1

#3714 7 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

My initial guess is the diverter for the ball lock is hanging down a little too low and impeding the ball from flowing through smoothly. I'd check that first.

Diverter is all the way up not even close to touching the ball on its way past.

#3716 7 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

Contacted my distributor again today. They are still looking into the playfield issues. Ontop of that my ramp shots never exit the subway. They almost make it back up then fall back down and roll back and forth under the playfield. I've tried changing the angle. tried 6, 6.5, 7 and 7.5 none help. Nothing looks broken.
Sent Chas at Stern pics and video waiting to hear back as they haven't seen this issue before they said. It makes the game unplayable and has become a $12000 paper weight.
Seriously considering returning it and eating the 15% restocking fee.

Angle in original post

#3719 7 years ago

another video shows how sometimes it comes out and sometimes it doesn't

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3XoAMy4fHpsTWs4TUl0RGRveG8/view?pref=2&pli=1

#3721 7 years ago

I'm gonna try and remove that metal part tommorow and see what happens. just as a test. I know the scoop won't work but if that ramp does then I know where to start. Just weird it barely did it too weeks ago and now it's fu*&ed

#3723 7 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

If you slow that video down, it sure looks like the ball is contacting the inside of the ramp as it is coming up through the tunnel. That might be because it is hitting the metal diverter as you suggested, or possibly the feed ramp is not aligned straight. If the diverter or a magnetized ball is not the issue.....Take a look at the ramp entrance where the wire rails feed into the clear plastic and make sure it is feeding the ball straight and down the middle. If it is off just a bit, it will cause the ball to bounce from one side to the other. when you lift the playfield to remove the diverter, you should be able to get a close look at it. Sorry if this has already been suggested...I didn't go back through the old posts.

Thanks I'll definitely check the feed alignment into the subway. Wont be able to get to it till the weekend now.

#3724 7 years ago

I took a look. The nut attaching the wireform to the plastic was tight but it even when it's tight it's like a clamp and if you put a little push on it with your thumb the wireforms can shift left or right abit. 

My wireforms end was all the way toward the middle of the playfield so I moved it the opposite way towards the outside and now it's working properly again.

Now if I can just get my playfield fixed.

#3743 7 years ago

Its crazy because my first run met prem has lots of plays and the shooter lane and drain hole look perfect. No mylar or cliffys

#3777 7 years ago
Quoted from barakandl:

Somebody call wms

It also proves that ghosting can lead to chipping and that this is a big issue.

#3942 7 years ago
Quoted from extraballingtmc:

Actually the program to replace playfields starts in October. It will be on a case by case basis. They will send you a postage paid box for you to put your populated playfield in and sent it in. In a few weeks you will receive a new populated playfield.

This is what Gary said to him

#3980 7 years ago

I understood him. See post 3942.

1 week later
#4240 7 years ago
Quoted from marvinmax:

Update on my machine with playfield issues, which could be interesting for European GBLE buyers with issues....
My playfield has 4 ghosting insert not out of the box, but after about 50 games. Made pictures and send them to my distributor and Stern. My distributor was on holiday for 4 weeks, got his reaction 2 days ago. From the pictures I send him 5 weeks ago my playfield situation was not bad enough he said. The same day I got a reaction from Stern (by e-mail) that my case was still under investigation and no decision was made yet..... Strange.... Mailed my distributor with Sterns reaction and asked him how it is possible that Stern tells me something different from his story. Still waiting on his answer.
I also send new pictures to the distributor and Stern, because my playfield has gotten worse in the last couple of weeks. Seems like the extra ball insert and the light storage facility insert are sinking into the playfield. If you rub over these insert with a finger you can feel that they are 'sunken'. The clear coat at bottom of the extra ball insert is cracked (you can feel that clearly if you go over it with a fingernail) and it seems the clear coat at the light storage facility insert is starting to crack (see pictures). Here a pictures taken yesterday, what do you think? Should my playfield be "in the program"?

Wow yours is really bad. If that isn't covered alot of people are gonna be upset when theirs arn't covered. Mines not that bad and if it isn't made right it will be my first and last nib stern.

1 week later
#4287 7 years ago

So it's been over 2 months now since I got my ghostbusters and still no word from Stern on my ghosting issues. My distributor is looking into it they say

Has anybody gotten word about theirs being swapped for a good one.

#4306 7 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Does everybody know how to detach, safely box it, then unbox and reinstall a populated pf?

Very very easy with two people.

#4307 7 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

So has anyone actually had the box to send the play field back yet? Until I see a re-boxing video then I'm not sure I believe anything.
Neil.

Quoted from marvinmax:

in January Stern will ship the new playfields to everyone, and not before.

#4322 7 years ago
Quoted from Rokablly:

I just got the email saying my Premium is being shipped to my distributor today and payment is due (only the deposit was paid). What is the consensus, is it safe, do I pull the trigger or is it not safe and I should cancel?

Flip a coin? I wouldn't buy it but I got burned on my LE so I'm bitter.

#4366 7 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

I'm telling you: problems are fixed. The new Premiums that have arrived appear to be problem free.

This is the most ridiculous contradicting sentence I've read today.

You can't say "problems are fixed" followed by "appear to be problem free"

Appear to be problem free is just a guess. No where near long enough to be sure.

3 weeks later
#4708 7 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Waiting for my LE that I have confirmed will be built using a Churchill playfield.. The bad/ghosting playfields were not made by Churchill.

So you are saying stern decided to go back to Churchill? After completly dumping them for the new company? Where did you hear this. That's great news if true but hard to believe.

#4715 7 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

Yeah nobody even knows who makes them. All the reputable companies stamp their name and info on the PF.
Since these have NO company name on them Stern is either trying to make them in-house or has hired an el cheapo operation that agreed to not even put their name on the product.

Not sure the company name but there being made in Wisconsin now.

#4853 7 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

Who makes spooky playfields?

Spooky in house I think.

#4910 7 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Also set the left scoop power to 21 so it does not shoot down the middle.

Is this to put it on the left flipper instead of the right on kickout? If so I wouldn't do it , mine kicks out to my right flipper perfectly every time with no adjustments.

1 month later
#5063 7 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Not to throw wood on the fire but maybe if the QC guy actually was using his light table he would find more issues. Couldn't believe when they walked up to him inspecting a PF and then Jody asked him to turn it on he had to go and plug it in. I would have been so embarrassed if I was Jody but he played it off well. Bet he wasn't super thrilled when that happened on camera.
11:50 on this - » YouTube video

That's hilarious

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 68.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

€ 160.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

7,760 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Greensboro, NC
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

7,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
St. Louis, MO
$ 12.95
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Shorewood, WI
$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 700.00
Hardware
Chrome Candy

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

11,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lubbock, TX
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 29.95
$ 36.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mitch.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hey-stern-are-you-serious?tu=mitch and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.