Screenshot_20170821-154508 (resized).jpg
20170613_213020 (resized).jpg
20170613_213015 (resized).jpg
IMG_6111 (resized).JPG
IMAG8309 (resized).jpg
IMAG8310 (resized).jpg
IMAG8311 (resized).jpg
IMAG8312 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jonh123.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1169 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Last I heard the only thing they were fixin' were pink slips.

Does this mean no Tron VE?

#1172 7 years ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

I heard from my distributor that they were only producing 25 games a day when they should have been producing 60-75. If they are handing out pink slips I'm sure it's until they figure out a way to get the line going again. They will be back in full force in no time. If that is actually the case.

I wonder what the hold up is.
Playfields??

#1174 7 years ago

I guess I will be sticking to used games for the foreseeable future.
I'm kind of hesitant to buy any new ones anyways with the playfield problems. I know of a couple of guys who canceled GB orders because of it.

2 weeks later
#1356 7 years ago

I'm afraid to buy new because of these playfield problems too.
I know two other people who have canceled and put off NIB pin purchases because of these problems.

#1358 7 years ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

What I've done is put that responsibility into the hands of my distributor. I essentially told him that I would buy his product if he guaranteed me that if I had a ghosting problem (I'm not talking about a sliver of ghosting, something major like more than 4 inserts are ghosting heavily) that he would take care of it. I want it in writing. If he wants to play...then I'll get my money.

That's a good idea.
Did the distributor agree to it?

#1367 7 years ago

These days even in writing doesn't mean anything.
You'll have to take them to court and even that doesn't mean anything.
Good luck getting them to pay.

#1409 7 years ago

This thread makes me only want to buy used until this problem is fixed.

#1492 7 years ago

It looks like the playfield problem is hit and miss.
I saw a GBLE yesterday and it didn't have the ghosting problem.
I wonder what percentage of games have the ghosting.

#1495 7 years ago

If this happened to one of my playfields and Stern was not helping, I would call them up and ask them to just sell me a replacement playfield at half price. Half price is probably at cost for them so they won't lose any money. If I turn around and sell my game that has ghosted inserts with a new spare playfield, it's probably worth at least what I paid. Just my opinion and what i'd do if put in this situation.

#1702 7 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

I was hesitant on sending my money when they wouldn't even fess up to the issues in these games. I hate stern anyway as I think the prices for these shit cheaped out machines are exorbitant. But, yesterday I cancelled my spot for the game. I refuse to pay that kind of cash for a game that might have a ghosting playfields or graining. I don't care if it effects game play or not. Also what will these games be like a few years down the road? No parts available like the W/B games to repair them. Fuck Stern, I'll buy a used game when people start selling them to buy the next must have POS.

So, tell us how you really feel.
No holding back now.

2 weeks later
#2698 7 years ago

Will the used market heat up with all the problems at Stern and people canceling orders?
I wonder if we will see used prices go up if fewer people are buying new games.

#2845 7 years ago

I would be shocked if Stern doesn't fix these playfield problems. It could be a complex issue that they are investigating and are waiting until they identify and solve the problem before fixing it. Time will tell, but I doubt Stern wants to lose a bunch of customers. The first in line LE customers are usually big time collectors that Stern wants to keep happy.

#2952 7 years ago
Quoted from tacshose:

Forget the Fix my playfield expo shirts, we should just fight to fix the source problem, the lack of manufactor warranty. Stern should provide a written 1 year bumper to bumper parts warranty and 1 year tech support. It would be a start.
As someone that is fully paid on a GB premium, that is an Expo shirt I can wear!

I didn't realize Stern's warranty was so vague and doesn't cover much of anything. I may never buy NIB again unless their warranty includes more.

2 weeks later
#3899 7 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

In working with Slimer, Ive shimmed the mech to change the height, but the arc makes it too high.
Ive maxed the height of the arm with the set screw.
What was needed was the ability to raise and lower slimer on his wire.
This could have been achieved with a hollowed out slimer, and instead of a final welded finished point on his bottom, a stop/tube sleeve, with a screw. Anyone could then, as it would be gravity held, pull slimer up the wire to the boom, and adjust the stop at any height.
$.10-$.15 in a part, Slimer hollowed is in the mold, and no one would have these issues.
Even a couple more screws in the VUK....theres 2, that go through the playfield, but only ONE on the other side.
In lieu of me putting a weld spot where needed, Zip ties, are anchoring the VUK.
I needed to tighten rails, and support, only to discover the solution is to shim my rails out by washers, so the playfield wont drop.
Prior to this...it had only about an 1/8" support.
Airballs too, should have been caught, as well.
Maybe not the playfield issue, as many of these got boxed looking fine, and this happened after, But address the individuals one on one who have made their purchase, and have issues.
I hate to say it. I love my Stern Games, I love the guys there, and Gary for freaking almost 40 years.
Killer Art, Killer Title, Killer Game.......just not made to THEIR standards.....
Sad to say, until it changes, I have to be vocal about not buying NIB. Even Email responses now, have failed from service, when they never have in the past, and Im emailing from an active replied communication.
Shame on Stern for treating everyone this way. Yet, games will sell.....Ill have my say at Expo in person, with no replies, and join now the list that reflects this title......"Hey Stern, ARE YOU SERIOUS?!"
Looks like Ill wait until the next title is fully vetted, or spend elsewhere.
I know I worked my hardest to try to never lose or disappoint a customer. It is at this time...not just because of me, but look how long the thread has been active too, to hear nothing for all those affected.
Im still positive, but cant jump up and down about any future release.

I think i'm out too.
Kind of sucks since I have many spots left for new Stern games.
It's just too risky to buy not knowing if my machine will be defective and knowing that I will get the run around or no response at all if it is. The cheaping out on the pins and higher prices aren't helping anything either.

6 months later
#5921 7 years ago

I don't understand how Stern has not resolved the issue with ghosted inserts and it's still showing up in new games.
Have they still not discovered the cause?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 599.95
Cabinet - Toppers
Hi-Rez Pinball Mods

17,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Temecula, CA
$ 22.95
Playfield - Plastics
RGP Models

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Boston, MA
$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 4,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burnt Cabins, PA
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Machine - For Sale
Advance, NC
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 6,395.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jonh123.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hey-stern-are-you-serious?tu=jonh123 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.