Screenshot_20170821-154508 (resized).jpg
20170613_213020 (resized).jpg
20170613_213015 (resized).jpg
IMG_6111 (resized).JPG
IMAG8309 (resized).jpg
IMAG8310 (resized).jpg
IMAG8311 (resized).jpg
IMAG8312 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider joeyitaliano.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6518 6 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

Sad part is when/if Star Wars gets made, everyone is going to forget about this and the Premium will be $7500+, and dedicated fanboys/people who put emotion ahead of logic will continue to buy. I'd be willing to believe some people right here in this very thread lamenting and bemoaning Stern will continue to buy.
Stop buying their product, and Stern will have to pay attention. I sold off all my Sterns and am now in the B/W class of 1992-1995 pins. The B/W games I have with 21 years minimum worth of age look better.

HERE HERE!
I have held back ALL Stern purchases! I refuse to let emotion get the best of me. Look at the MMR remake and now Attack from Mars, give other company's a chance to gain a chunk of the market and offer some healthy competition, the three versions have noticeable upgrades. Chicago Gaming is putting quality products out there---they also used to make things for Stern but not anymore. Keep your money in your pocket!!

#6520 6 years ago
Quoted from MinusWorlds:

Stern made MMr...

True they did make the first run but Planetary Pinball was not happy with the time it took them to make it so they asked Chicago Gaming to take over, At that point Stern responded by terminating there agreement with Chicago and all these problems are the result.

#6523 6 years ago

Also true for the guts of the machine the cabinets however were manufactured by Chicago

#6526 6 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Is this documented somewhere?
CGC was the licensee for both MMR and ATMR from day one, so they weren't "brought in" by PPS. Technically CGC hired Stern to do the MMR assembly (using CGC-provided parts) once it became clear that CGC couldn't get its production line up and running in time to do MMR. As I understood it CGC's trouble getting parts to Stern on time was at least partially responsible for the delays in getting MMRs out, though some might have been on Stern's end as well.
All of this was confusing because Rick was the public spokesman for the MMR project, which made the roles unclear. Seems CGC figured out with ATMR that communicating directly is the way to go. And by all accounts CGC's build quality is very good.
But are you saying that CGC no longer makes playfields and cabinets for Stern as a result of the MMR experience? Haven't seen that anywhere else. I thought the story was that Stern moved those elements in-house as part of its move to the new, large production facility?

That would explain the quality issues at Stern lately

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Raleigh, NC
5,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Alexandria, VA
$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 33.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 103.00
Machine - For Sale
Athens, TX
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 68.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

5,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider joeyitaliano.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hey-stern-are-you-serious?tu=joeyitaliano and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.