Screenshot_20170821-154508 (resized).jpg
20170613_213020 (resized).jpg
20170613_213015 (resized).jpg
IMG_6111 (resized).JPG
IMAG8309 (resized).jpg
IMAG8310 (resized).jpg
IMAG8311 (resized).jpg
IMAG8312 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jimb.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#170 7 years ago

if populated is offered i would expect the old one shipped back in the same box so they can just recycle into another machine with a new play field.

1 month later
#1460 7 years ago

A companies track record matters. They have sold how many pinball machines ahead of this issue with zero occurrences? Why should consumers accept this as the new normal?

#1496 7 years ago
Quoted from JonH123:

sell me a replacement playfield at half price.

That will not make everyone happy but would go a heck of a long way to solving this. Something officially should be sent out from Stern with so much data available on the failure rates. Even if they say nothing can be done but do something.

1 week later
#1881 7 years ago
Quoted from Mbecker:

and throw away all the existing playfields.

Considering we have a late last month LE showing up with the problem seems like they are using all the playfields even if they will ghost. Maybe after that the issue will resolve itself.

#2202 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

It's baffling to think they don't have a clue what the problem is.

I agree, the time it's taking to solve this is really crazy. This is what they do and have been doing for years. It's not like some flaw in their new spike electronics, it's just raw materials, skills that have been around for years. I hope they can figure it out 100% and make a fix so we can move past this.

#2212 7 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

I wouldn't expect this kind of problem to be solved quickly. Doesn't it take a bit of time to cut, apply art, clear and cure a playfield?
First you would have to come up with some hypothesis as to what's causing the problem and a potential solution. Then you would want to run a control batch using the current process to compare to the experimental one. Hopefully ghosting occurs and it's only on the control batch. If not, new hypothesis and try again. Best would be to run multiple experiments at the same time.

For sure but it sounds like your talking about something brand new in the alpha or beta testing phase. Just do what you did 6 months ago, wash rinse repeat.

#2483 7 years ago
Quoted from MrMoose:

It's begun, on the right side of "Super Jackpot" (pictured).

Does that mean the late July builds don't have the fix yet? Do we have a cutoff date yet for when they think it's been fixed???? Doesn't appear so.

#2809 7 years ago

What if you buy a so called 'fixed' playfield for the wall and it doesn't 'sink' until it gets installed down the way?

#2954 7 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

Do they cover the cost of shipping back to them as well?

Splitting the shipping would be generous considering the buyer could have picked a closer distributor.

#3070 7 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Yeah, it's the expansion and contraction of the wood that cause problems in a non-temperature controlled environment. It's one reason why I don't keep them in the garage anymore.

But his other pins are fine. Note to Stern: put your beta machines in a hot Garage prior to mass production

#3131 7 years ago
Quoted from PinballAlley:

Just received a Got pro and premium. Both are perfect.
-J

You know all the brand new ones are good until 200+ plays. Why get peoples hope up?

#3599 7 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

Just unboxed a GBLE with a customer - no pf issues at all. Just had one led flasher I had to remove and put back in and it was ready to go.
Scott

A lot of people had that experience. You have to play it before your inserts start sinking. Good luck and report back.

#3759 7 years ago
Quoted from Flato:

The playfield is the most important damn thing to screw these up left and right is nuts, maybe there saving so much money they just don't give a damn if they have to replace everyone for the past few months

Maybe but who knows. Think of every possible thing that could need a mass update and the play field is the worst. If one of the boards in the head had a defect, just shipping out the new boards would be cake. Now if they didn't want to eat the cost of all those bad play fields and said order the next set with the fix in, use these up? Bad move in my opinion, but maybe something like that happened?

#3767 7 years ago
Quoted from MinusWorlds:

So we can now officially say they have not fixed the issue. Brilliant

This is getting old, how many times have we felt they've restarted production with the fixed playfield?

#3815 7 years ago

I'm seeing more new people ordering for the first time. Sales are strong even gambling on the play field.

#3826 7 years ago

Not fascinating i call it:

index (resized).jpgindex (resized).jpg

#3937 7 years ago
Quoted from extraballingtmc:

I left a vm for Gary on Wednesday and he called me back same day.
I have a premium on order and wanted to know exactly what the process would be worst case scenario if I got a bad play field.

And his response was?

3 weeks later
#4290 7 years ago

You know building the premiums is taking all their time now. Not that there is anything wrong with that unless your affected. Just a bad situation overall.

#4359 7 years ago
Quoted from pinballkyle:

Just received my Star Trek pro made mid 2016. Look at the black lettering. Seems pretty light eh? This is also the case with the round inserts. Warpage on pic 2 just from the ramp overtop

A little electrical tape can fix that

hqdefault (resized).jpghqdefault (resized).jpg

#4393 7 years ago

Yeah but the Euro Premiums were still in the batch where they didn't fix the problem yet (from what pinsiders speculated.) Those were shipped well ahead of the latest US premiums.

#4557 7 years ago
Quoted from MinusWorlds:

Making playfields is hard

... after January 2016

3 weeks later
#4803 7 years ago

At least the ones getting a replacement can beat the heck out of what they have now until Jan.

3 weeks later
#4989 7 years ago

I got the pinball life ones and ended up using one of 2. One was fine from the factory but the other one needed it.

3 months later
#5885 7 years ago

My PDI single glass weighed this much:

23 lbs / 10.43 kgs

A play field should be much more no?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 22.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Alpharetta, GA
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 35.50
The MOD Couple

7,760 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Greensboro, NC
$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

9,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sacramento, CA
$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 3,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 700.00
Hardware
Chrome Candy

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jimb.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hey-stern-are-you-serious?tu=jimb and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.