Screenshot_20170821-154508 (resized).jpg
20170613_213020 (resized).jpg
20170613_213015 (resized).jpg
IMG_6111 (resized).JPG
IMAG8309 (resized).jpg
IMAG8310 (resized).jpg
IMAG8311 (resized).jpg
IMAG8312 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider iceman44.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#68 7 years ago

This is making me think about canceling my LE and wait on a premium after all this shit shakes out.

Which i should do anyhow, I love that slimer green though!

1 week later
#672 7 years ago

In some poll I think almost 250 of the GBLE sales were going to Pinsiders.

If they want to keep extracting such high margins from dummies like myself they better be paying attention. I know they are

I'm not overly concerned.

Maybe just play your pins down to the bare wood and then swap that play field out down the road.

#794 7 years ago

"A steaming pile of bitching, disrespectful, menstruating manboys who never grew up."

Drop the mic

#803 7 years ago

Of all the bitching that occurs regarding pinball, play field dimpling has to be the absolute DUMBEST bitch of all.

Stfu and play your pins. If you get all butt hurt over excessive dimpling then yank it out and send it off to get repaired and re cleared.

Of all things it's not the end of the world!

#807 7 years ago

Not directed at you James but you are a little Ocd which is good because tha SM I got from you is a beauty!

Very low dimpling on the dimple meter

#809 7 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

No problem. It's called humor, argh argh.
Heh, after all the shit that has gone on in my world lately I need it. Im just happy it wasn't worse.
And yes, I am very OCD about my games.

Yep, you def did right thing with your poor dog

#956 7 years ago

WTF

Some of you need to play some pinball and turn the F Ing camera off.

If I was Stern I'd say F U or F me.

Some minor ghosting? Good lord. Don't buy another one.

I get the butt hurt factor but this shit is getting out of control.

Change your panties and reload.

#957 7 years ago

You have ZERO recourse against them.

Vote with your wallet and quit whining about BS.

I'm embarrassed for you

#959 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

That's like telling somebody that just because their street dealer sold them a bad batch of crack, don't go back for more.
Not gonna happen!

Exactly, that's why Stern should tell these whiny little b***es to go F themselves

Of course in a PC kind of way, not how I would do it

#963 7 years ago
Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

Hey, I will STFU if Stern take 2 - 2.5k US off the price and make it the same as the USA

Hehe, sorry Kiwi, come to the US and join us. Can't help the currency translation.

I do feel your pain, that is awful and I don't know how you guys do it!

#966 7 years ago
Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

Thanks bro... I meant no disrespect really. We (rest of the world) do pay a premium for these.
I will say it is really not Sterns fault.. looks like the playfields were good when assembled and this is now happening.. Stern must be concerned too if the production line is down.
Its all good Iceman

No prob Kiwi, they will get it worked out. You overseas guys deserve a medal or something. The local whiners are clueless.

#1104 7 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

Bullshit

I disagree. I am paying 7k for a game. Ghosting inserts and the fucking ink coming off is unacceptable. I can't MAKE them do anything about it but I will be relentless on working toward getting them to. I am actually considering asking for my deposit back and buying a HUO down the road that I know is in good shape.

Why don't you then? Because it's not that big of a deal.

#1147 7 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

The point is that we are paying a shitload for a pin and it should not fall apart in a home use situation.

Nobody wants a piece of garbage for that kind of money. I'm assuming that's why they are delayed and fixing the issue with the play fields.

Minor insert ghosting hardly qualifies as "falling apart in HUO situation".

All of my Stern pins are in great shape and have had very few minor issues.

If it starts going to crapola then they go on the "no buy list".

#1156 7 years ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

No matter how small ghosting should not show up on a playfield. Sure there are times when shit happens and you get some. In those cases Stern should just do the right thing and give the user a new playfield.

Of course, free handouts, why not?

#1159 7 years ago

If I am going to spend $7K + on a pro (cause that's what we pay here), I expect a playfield without the extra fun ghosted inserts. I'm sorry if I have to lower down my standards to please you.

You have the choice not spend that $7k right?

If the extra anal people don't like it, maybe lobby Stern to buy an extra one at cost. The key word is "buy".

#1161 7 years ago

It's asinine to think you or anybody should get another free play field just because you have some minor "ghosting".

Accept it or don't buy. Stern is trying to fix the issue.

#1163 7 years ago

I really think that they are trying to fix the issue. What I'm saying is that for the few that get this problem (in a severe instance) that they should get a new playfield. I'm not talking about a liver of white on the edge. Some shots are zoomed in 100X.

Totally agree, you get a lemon, with serious issues, they need to take care of it and I think they have a pretty good track record of doing so.

I think "our" purchase is safe. Not worried about my LE.

It's the whining over nothing or speculation of what's coming that is par for the course these days.

#1219 7 years ago

I'm willing to bet there is a buy-sell agreement in place that spells out the transitions details in the event of death and/or retirement

If not then they need a new corporate lawyer

1 month later
#1804 7 years ago

Wtf is there to "look into"?

Take a look at the pics and remedy the situation for the buyer.

If you are going to sell a premium and LE for the HUO environment for ever increasing $$$ then you better get this shit straight.

If buyers of a GB get stiffed with ghosting inserts you know how bad it's going to be when you go to try and sell it.

Who is manufacturing these play fields for them now? JJP and everybody else don't seem to have a problem

#1816 7 years ago

What is the remedy to fix this?

Supposedly my LE is in the next batch this week.

Should be interesting.

#1819 7 years ago
Quoted from xTheBlackKnightx:

There is no solution, only playfield replacement.

What do you suppose a "replacement" would cost Stern?

And what good would it really do? The average guy isn't going to swap out a play field.

I think they are gonna have to offer some sort of a refund for the defects.

#1825 7 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

The same as they have been doing for awhile... Send people populated play fields. The problem is it's expensive in all dimensions to do so

I wonder how many people have actually received a populated play field over the insert ghosting.

Those that have screamed the loudest I'm sure.

#1862 7 years ago

Mark my words the next game is going to be more expensive with a buffer to cover for this entire mess.

They have already raised the price "to cover this mess". No excuses.

I don't believe they have much farther they can go on price, at least not with my wallet.

#1864 7 years ago

"You" also knew about these problems and like 95% of everyone on here you gave Stern your money and now your pissed. I feel no pitty at this point for people that will chance it. Early adopters got the shaft but you bought this thing knowing fully well the risks.

I don't need your "pity" and this is a stupid statement.

Secondly, when I receive an $8k product that is defective I expect the problem to get rectified.

Thirdly, despite all of the chattering back and forth of what they should or shouldn't do, I have zero concern that it will be handled to my satisfaction one way or the other.

Finally, when i get my pin I'm going to play the crap out of it and hope I love it as much as Twdle.

#1877 7 years ago

The cargument is a bad analogy. If any car has had a recall or an issue I wouldn't hesitate to buy that model because I'm going to get what I bargained for at the end of the day via the warranty and representations made.

With Stern and this issue, they read every thread daily and aren't dumb enough to NOT fix the problem satisfactorily as they should do from a customer relations standpoint.

It doesn't matter how much it costs them. That's IRRELEVANT, it's their F up.

There are also several legal theories that apply such as breach of contract, promissory estoppel and possibly implied warranty of fitness for a particular purpose.

You can't market premium and LE pins to a HUO market, charge what they charge, and expect certain things to be acceptable, that may not in a commercial environment.

Either way, I'll take my GBLE with confidence that IF there are issues they will get resolved, just like every other pin I have purchased

#1895 7 years ago

As much as Stern is focused on growing margins with cost cutting it would seem producing their own play fields makes the most sense.

Nobody seems to know who is making them, although it seems unlikely that the previous supplier all of a sudden started producing crappy play fields.

3500 separate parts being applied to the play field along the line and the inserts don't start ghosting until the shaker motor gets cranked up? Hard to believe that is the trigger.

"Once the parts pass the inspection, they're loaded into a storage area. So that assembly workers don't have to leave the line to find parts, other employees search them out and deliver to the assembly line. Each Stern pinball machine requires about 3,500 separate parts. And with so many parts, quality control is imperative. "If it gets to the assembly line and it's wrong, it'll stop the assembly line,” Dankberg said. “If we stop the assembly line, then we aren't making any money.”

#1900 7 years ago
Quoted from ronaldvg:

I am more inclined to think it has something to do with the airballs. My GB is next to an ST and the dimples seem deeper on the GB, especially around the middle of the playfield.

That's an interesting theory Direct hit airballs. That might explain the seeming randomness from pin to pin.

#1901 7 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

by the time they respond (if) they will have released the next most awesome greatest sick game (look it's got an LCD!!! How innovative for 2016!!), take my money and forget I complained about that other stuff!!

The "take my money" part will come with another price hike with that groundbreaking innovative LCD!

I'll be looking at the Stern secondary market going forward unless its a home run theme that includes Yeti, Borg and Lyman, then i might consider.

Assuming of course i get this GBLE in and am happy with it.

#1903 7 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Ice why are you going through with the purchase?
The writing is on the wall IMO

I'm stubbornly stupid and the eternal optimist?

I really should bail and wait it out for the premium in a year or so. See if Dwight gets the code up to Lyman par.

Believe me, after seeing these recent play fields its on my mind.

#1916 7 years ago
Quoted from kell:

I'm in the same boat. If I didn't have the chance to have a NIB LE I would have canceled. I'm not usually an LE buyer but for this theme I bit. I'm torn.

It's that sexy green cab that has me all messed up.

I do know the odds are way stacked against. I've been paid in full for a while now and figured Stern would get it worked out by now. After seeing KPG's play field and few others dated this month its not stoking confidence.

I don't think I could back out at this point with distro.

#1997 7 years ago

I'm back on with the GBLE. Distro to receive Friday, I'll get mine next week sometime.

I originally asked to go to the back of the line and then changed my mind.

If I get ghosting I'll live with it and see what Stern does to remedy the situation.

In the interim I'm going to have fun playing the crap out of what looks to be a great pin.

If I don't like it and want to sell it later, how much will a GBLE with some ghosting sell for? $6k? $5K?

So what, life's too short to worry about it. Am I an idiot? Probably.

#2015 7 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Iceman you're indeed an idiot

Yeah but I'm having fun!

On the other hand, how much will my non ghosted GBLE be worth? $20k?

Gary sent me an email earlier and said this recent batch is perfect and ready to go.

#2023 7 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Are you shitting me Ice?

Wishful thinking Concrete! I've got a good feeling. We'll be fine.

#2025 7 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

Screen shot of the email in an inbox with the from information please, then I'll believe

Relax, your pin is on its way. It's all over but the crying now.

#2028 7 years ago

Is somebody really complaining about "dimpling" too or is Coin Cascade out to lunch?

#2037 7 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Pfft. Dude you got Jedi mind tricked lol.

You know I'm kidding about the email right?

Even though this mystery might be a case for Agent Mulder and the X Files, it's all gonna work itself out at the end of the day.

#2039 7 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Ah damn. Ya got me. I thought you were serious about the email. Not sure why. Maybe because JJP would call or email folks to save sales IIRC.
I'm rooting for you man. But I'm also preparing my " F'n told you so" speech lol.

Hehe, yep, we'll have some fun with this. I'm prepared for the "you dumb ass I told you so speech!"

I'm gonna post pics from the unboxing through the whole ghosting process.

#2067 7 years ago

How much would it cost to swap out a play field?

In other words, have someone who knows what they are doing repopulate a new one.

Let's say ghosting occurs, I can live with it, and 5 -10 years down the road I want to replace the play field with a brand new one?

Problem solved, meanwhile I've had a blast playing the crap out of it.

In the FUTURE from this day forward, I, like every other pinball consumer will take into account how Stern handles/fixes the current issues and spend my money accordingly. Some may not ever care, many will.

I anticipate picking up JJP #3, already have AliensLE coming and RZ. Plenty of options out there.

#2077 7 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

Many owners like to turn over their games to play something new. Those games may be a tough sell.
As others have said, ghosting can lead to cracking and/or chipping as the photo from flashinstinct below shows.

No doubt. If that was my intention I wouldn't have gone through with it maybe.

People will pick apart every little flaw

I am curious as to what people think the swap would cost?

#2104 7 years ago

The SM inserts are front and center in your face too.

So approx. $2k for a done right swap.

I'm sure there are a few in Austin, Tx that could do it.

I can live with that

#2127 7 years ago
Quoted from Razorbak86:

Or use it as an opportunity to deepen your pin maintenance skills, and just do it yourself.
It's not exactly rocket science. Even a Longhorn can do it.

Hehe, yep, NO, I'm gonna need a Texas A&M Aggie engineer to make this shit happen.

I would F it up so bad I'd probably put a sledge hammer to it. I don't have the "temperament" to fix shit.

I know my limitations.

But, I will get the beer cooler ready and provide co-pilot assistance if anybody wants to come down from Austin and make it happen.

That said, I'm gonna have the beer flowing while I play the living shit out of this pin!!

#2129 7 years ago

Unique Layout

Awesome Code

Theme

F ing Fun factor

Everything else is way down the list for me. That simple.

See above, that's who gets my $$$$$

#2130 7 years ago

I discussed my decision re GB and ghosting with the beer gods last night. They never steer me wrong.

IMG_5592_(resized).jpgIMG_5592_(resized).jpg

#2135 7 years ago
Quoted from wierdeer:

They should be steering you torwards some better beer lol

She was empty. Nectar of the gods. It's all good.

IMG_5593_(resized).jpgIMG_5593_(resized).jpg

#2143 7 years ago

I wonder how serious Stern would be if we as a community pulled enough funds together to take a half page ad in one of Chicago's biggest newspapers along with a big box ad online the week before expo? Or even billboards. Surprisingly it's not that expensive.
http://www.billboardsin.com/illinois/chicago
https://placeanad.chicagotribune.com/ad-options

If people want to rage against the machine then do it at Expo, full frontal, and in their face.

An ad in a newspaper or otherwise will have ZERO effect.

Vote with your wallets. Everybody is making their own educated decisions and Stern has to live with the consequences.

#2146 7 years ago
Quoted from JellyNeck:

I canceled my GoT pro order. Super sad because I was really excited to get the game. I imagined myself playing it and looking over the inserts every night. That sounded horrible and not worth it.

I'm sure Stern is reading this post and many others like it.

It has to be horrifying to them.

#2198 7 years ago

The whole "keeping pinball alive" mantra has some merit but it's not like Stern is running the business as a non profit organization.

If Stern wasn't making pins anymore and the demand was there, somebody else would be.

I didn't cancel my order but look at all the people that have.

It's baffling to think they don't have a clue what the problem is. My TWDLE has been flawless. It all started after that pin.

I can't imagine they are all sitting around playing tiddly winks either. They will get it resolved and come up with a fair resolution.

They can't afford not to.

#2203 7 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

I think we all have love for Stern
We all likely feel sympathy for them too
But when they don't reply w/a comforting resolution it sucks.
Has anyone's distro said Stern will make it right?

Mine did. He said they always do and doesn't see that changing now.

We shall see.

From a pin playing standpoint, at least that part isn't affected, and it should be a blast to play.

It's not like the "cloudy window" issue on AC/DC!

I'll never forget getting to play one for the first time in Breckenridge and the window was so bad you could barely see the ball on the lower play field.

I ended up getting a premium later which has also been flawless.

#2209 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Some with the cloudy window got replacement fully populated playfields N/C. Do you think they still do that now?

I think the fix will end up being pull your playfield out, send it back to Stern, and have them send you a newly populated playfield.

They could go back and salvage the F ed up playfield. Customer happy.

#2220 7 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Mark my words right now.. this will be months before you have a new PF in hand.

That's what I expected. Not a problem.

Quoted from clg:

It would cost them a fortune though, particularly shipping for overseas buyers.

It will cost them a lot more in lost sales if they don't though.

#2243 7 years ago

That Hitler video is hilarious RD, needed a good laugh!

#2286 7 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

What Stern really should do to fill the gap is ensure there is a proper case management system so that your distributor could lodge issues, they can see them as a whole, and then information can flow outwards when change happens. Today its relies too much on human relaying, which is costly and error prone.

Couldn't agree more.

#2301 7 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

Does that topper come with it?

Sorry Wacky, I really hope you have a perfect LE because you def got F ed on that topper.

Did Stern make you grab your ankles? Sorry, couldn't help it.

#2304 7 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

meh I like the topper

I hope you like the pin. Has it started ghosting yet?

Play the crap out of it and let us know.

I get my experiment next week.

#2326 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinballlew:

When you take delivery of the machine how are you going to know the playfield is scratched? Do people open these up and inspect the game with the shipping company employee waiting till you check it out? I don't mean this to be sarcastic I am just asking if anyone does this?

This might be the only example I've ever heard of a play field all scratched up right out of the box. Maybe some other various issues in the past but I wouldn't have the driver sit there and wait.

And my GBLE is showing up Monday hopefully!

Just take a video with your phone during the unboxing process.

I did have my first pin ever, a LOTRLE, show up with a pallet jack hole in the box. I accepted it thinking it was just a rip but it ended up being a hole right through the bottom of the pin.

Automated was great, sent me a new one and picked up the old and they dealt with the shipping company.

#2375 7 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

If I was Stern I'd shit right now
Vid is like a Pinside shaman
Aaaaand they shipped him a defective game
It's just a matter of time before the "How to not get fucked in pinball" tutorial is updated with "rule #99 don't buy a Stern"

No doubt. Can't wait to see what mine looks like in a couple of days

I'm always afraid to voice my opinions though

#2380 7 years ago

I'm pretty sure they picked out a F ed up PF to send Vid because they know he can fix it

Us regular dopes are just assuming the position.

They need to make every pin right but wouldn't you think they would go out of their way to make sure the LE high margin pins get some extra scrutiny?

The premium buyer can always just wait it out, cancel orders etc

Going through with the LE purchase is one thing as dumb as it seems, but sitting on a premium order where they can make thousands of them makes a lot less sense to me

#2386 7 years ago
Quoted from MapleSyrup:

I think they're the only "serious" player in the game.

I think JJP, Spooky, Heighway and a few others might disagree, "seriously".

#2398 7 years ago
Quoted from MapleSyrup:

I think Skit B and Jpop might disagree- Iceman 2013
Haha. I kid.
Love my AMH, AND my RZle too. Spooky is doing a great job.
Also Loving my Hobbit. The new 1.31 code is killer. It's getting better all the time.

No doubt its a great time to be loving pinball! Alien going into production soon and JJP #3 about to be announced too.

It's safe to say we as a pinball community have come a LONG way from the days of getting "Jpopped" (for the record I was out on SkitB )

And Dutch Pinball is delivering its first boatload of TBL's to North America as we speak

As I get ready to open my GBLE this week it feels like Xmas in August. Just hoping I don't get a lump of coal

#2427 7 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

you must realize they employ a legal counsel and they have undoubtedly been told NOT to make any public announcements regarding any "issues" as this could make them liable for all kinds of actions in the future.

Wrong.

#2437 7 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

Nice rejoinder counselor...

Well I was going to go into a long explanation but I just cut to the chase.

Pauley Walnuts is right, silence does not avoid liability nor does making a general statement create it.

That said, I think Stern has made a decision to deal with this on a case by case basis.

The problem is there are way too many "cases" and that pesky old Pinside is shining the light on a lot of them

I'm sure some folks will never hear about the issue unless raised by Stern or ever notice it.

Thus, case by case, however it seems to be causing an avalanche of canceled orders for the time being

Not mine though, it arrives manana between 12-5!

#2439 7 years ago
Quoted from paulywalnuts23:

That is fine, cause if they don't then there is sure to be a class action law suit if this issue isn't addressed and continues to grow.
Then that same legal counsel will get what they want when they can start billing far more than they are now.

If the lawyers have to get involved we all lose.

I kept my LE because I'm confident Stern will continue to make wise business decisions in the future (as in correcting mistakes) and treat their customers right.

If not, there is always plan B

In the meantime, I'll be unpacking a GBLE tomorrow and getting the beer iced down and stocked up tonight

#2444 7 years ago

Well I find myself agreeing with Maple on the following:

No Cliffys, no extra metal on my pins
No Smoking for obvious reasons
"Beer" cup holders are a good thing
No beating up my pins as an invited guest
Pinball is great. Have fun

On the other hand, Pinside is a melting pot of people, you have your "drunkards, stoners, your bible thumpers, prison inmates and guards...."

A big ole family that is just a "little bit of them all" to quote Roger Creager

And whining, arguing, bitching and complaining is just part of what a family does. Then you work it out and hug it out

And my favorite JB saying to live by "if we weren't all crazy we might go insane" kind of sums up Pinside in some ways

Boom box rocking, beer flowing and turning on a brand new pin for the first time. It's all good, what's not to like about that

#2463 7 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Don't wear out that Rick Astley CD .....
rd

Who TF is that? New Zealander rugby singer

#2466 7 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

He's a white guy that sounds black:
» YouTube video
(Really?? That guy's white???? - back in the day)

Ahhh yes "Never gonna give you up"

No it will be more Roger Creager and Pat Green tomorrow night and maybe some George Strait, "Cold beer conversation"

I have a question for you RD.

Are you watching this Olympic rugby right now on TV? If so, is it Co-ed? I can't tell if some of these players are male or female?

These are some rough ladies.

#2468 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Ahhh yes "Never gonna give you up"
No it will be more Roger Creager and Pat Green tomorrow night and maybe some George Strait, "Cold beer conversation"
I have a question for you RD.
Are you watching this Olympic rugby right now on TV? If so, is it Co-ed? I can't tell if some of these players are male or female?
These are some rough ladies.

USA beating up on the Frenchies.

#2519 7 years ago
Quoted from MapleSyrup:

Either way, THIS absolutely is the place to discuss it. I'm merely recommending a more considered reaction. We don't need to ready the lifeboats just yet.

I thought we were trying to get to "mass hysteria"?

For many of us, like myself, I'm buying a pin hoping to love it and own it for a really long time if not forever.

I mistakenly put my Ac/dc up for sale a month ago because I have several other pins coming.

It is in almost perfect condition, EXCEPT, the infamous shooter lane had a tiny section of the black and white decal pulled up from my pulling up the dirty mylar i had put down.

You can't believe the impact that had on some buyers, no shooter lane wear but it wasn't perfect! Thankfully nobody jumped on my price and i took it down. (Did sell a great Lotrle and SM)

You know that many people buy a NIB pin and if they don't like it or want to rotate it out in a year or so they want to maintain maximum value and not take a huge hit on price because they have a "defective play field".

Stern has to rely on that market and those people to continue to buy NIB's in the HUO.

That's why I'll open my pin today, be on cloud 9, and just enjoy the hell out of it. Stern will fix whatever is wrong with it, they have to.

#2578 7 years ago

Beautiful pin. Great fun!

No ghosting out of box.

Need the left ramp protector. Air balls off of those posts are unreal.

I'll post pics and review this thing later. Off to play.

Future ghosting or not, so happy I decided to keep it.

#2639 7 years ago

Day 2, no ghosting

This is a special pin ladies. Play update later.

#2656 7 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

I dont buy the "legal" argument either.
Option 1: They publicly admit there's an issue and they are looking at fixing it. Potential cost? They have to fix all the faulty games. They will have to do that eventually regardless - public announcement or not. In return they buy a huge amount of goodwill and dont lose sales.

Amen to that.

GBLE is a great F ing pin right now, ghosted inserts or not.

The PF "issues" can be fixed. The rest of the pin is phenomenal.

Their "marketing" division seems to be dumber than a bag of hammers with respect to this issue (and in general)

Based on the GBLE pin I have right now, I'm looking forward to the next Borg/Lyman pin, whatever it is.

Unless, they don't fix the problems people are having.

#2657 7 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

I really think its the airballs combined with some sort of insert/clearcoat problem. The inserts that appear to be ghosting seem to be mostly in the same area where there is an excess of airballs. (ie top/middle left of open PF mostly a result of the ramp standups and the drop target).

I agree, if its the airballs on my pin, we are about to confirm it or not. Balls are flying all over the place.

If the inserts withstand what I've already played then hopefully they have it corrected.

#2661 7 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Yeh it's an airball-fest. I think the airball Perspex thing in front of the left ramp would prevent most of them. Have you installed one?
Fun game though. Difficult, as in you have 10 crap games to one good one. But when you crack it, it goes off.
Have to say I prefer the magna slings to the regular ones on this game.

I have a plastic fix coming courtesy of Kpg.

Very cool game. To me easier than most pins I have.

#2799 7 years ago
Quoted from xfassa:

What is your magical solution to this issue if Stern does not replace the playfields?

1) If i still love the pin in a year and its a "keeper" for me AND I end up having problems with "ghosting" AND Stern doesn't do anything to rectify the problem, I will play it for years and then at some point buy a new play field and pay somebody to replace it.

-If Stern doesn't fix the problem I would consider never buying another NIB and simply wait for the secondary market

2) If i don't end up liking the pin or simply get tired of it AND i have "ghosting" issues, then I'll just sell it for a discount and chalk it up to a lesson learned, AGAIN!

3) I have the "ghosting" problem AND Stern fixes the problems satisfactorily and then we live happily ever after and I keep buying NIB pins I'm interested in.

Either way it goes, I'm ok with it. Life goes on and this weekend I'll be playing my GBLE and drinking beer. What's not to like!

#2807 7 years ago

I love how other people think they know how you should spend your own money. Everybody can vote with their OWN wallets.

I'll support great pins from any manufacturer including Stern. I'm happy with my AC/DC premium, TWDLE and now a GBLE, three of the best pins ever made Imho.

Nobody knows how Stern is going to deal with the PF issues yet, speculate all you want but you don't know. Until they respond and react accordingly I'll happily play my great Stern pins and enjoy some cold and chillies.

I also support everybody's right to bitch and complain non stop as well and whatever they want to do with their OWN wallets.

#2857 7 years ago

That really is pathetic what is happening to KPG.

Even if Stern isn't responding to Trent by email why can't he pick up the phone and call them? It's just a circle jerk right now.

The silence from the manufacturer is very disturbing considering how widespread this problem seems to be.

The fact that they keep shipping known defects without a stated resolution if your pin has a problem is total BS!

It's PF's this time, what will it be next time?

Saying and doing nothing just means to me they don't care about our business.

That better change quickly.

#2860 7 years ago
Quoted from PinballAlley:

They have no idea what happened to the pinball after it left the factory. You purchased it from the dealer. They are the one you need to get relief from.

I get what you are saying Jerry, but you are incorrect on this one. They absolutely know what is going to happen with these PF's when they leave the factory.

It's 100% the fault of Stern, the manufacturer. That's who i want my warranty and guarantee from.

The distributor, and no offense to you personally, can be here today and gone tomorrow and you aren't signing personal guarantees.

Trent has been known as a "reputable" dealer for quite some time now and i don't think that is the issue.

It requires cooperation with manufacturer and the distributor to rectify an issue like this.

#2868 7 years ago

They may not at this time know the answer,
but the longer they wait..

let me finish that sentence for you....."the dumber seem to be and more sales drop off the books".

What may have worked for them in the past isn't going to work this time. The problem is too widespread. Not addressing it in way that would allow affected consumers to express their concerns and get feedback is really STUPID on their part.

Gonna buy a Batman VE? Nope. Anything else they make in the future, without providing a stated solution? Nope.

The old way of doing things is over for them, maybe they just don't realize it yet. Every day that goes by it should become clearer for them.

Try launching another pin right now. How many premium sales lost will it take?

#2870 7 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

announce Star Wars LE and memories will fade

They can't make it on LE sales alone! Who is going to buy a pro or premium if these problems continue without a solution?

#2872 7 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Stern could announce either Star Wars or TMNT later today with the most incredible art and layouts we've ever seen and I wouldn't preorder. No more preorders until I know these problems aren't only fully fixed in the manufacturing process, but also that they made good with customers who like got burned.

By continuing to deliver PF's that have these problems they seem to be tacitly saying that the "ghosting issues" are an acceptable cosmetic defect to them.

A lot of people won't buy a pin from them until they define exactly what is acceptable to them and what we as consumers should expect.

#2877 7 years ago
Quoted from BC_Gambit:

I don't know what to make of this coming from you. Considering your recent "I am getting a GB even with all these problems documented" posts.
Stern must really be doing poorly if you are turning on them.

No I knew what i was getting into with the GBLE. I did it with the idea that Stern would fix any issues that arise like they have in the past.

I'm still expecting them to do that and i'm happy with my GBLE and prior Sterns. But not responding to KPG and others is not good.

I still want to know what is acceptable to Stern when it comes to purchasing a pinball machine from them. If "ghosting inserts" are ok then i probably won't purchase another pinball machine from them. Plenty of other options available.

Silence isn't going to cut it this time. "See something, say something".

#2893 7 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

yeah, i suspect he'll be tired of it in a few months. easy drive to san antonio

come on and get it Lab, before it starts ghosting

#3020 7 years ago

Meanwhile, GBLE is a fantastic pin to play.

I'm playing and air balling the crap out of if it this weekend.

I really like the Mass Hysteria reverse flippers now, getting used to the back and forth.

Despite the poor communication or lack thereof, Stern will get these issues worked out and take care of people.

Carry on!

#3248 7 years ago
Quoted from NeoGeo:

We don't know what they are offering yet so it's a little premature to congratulate them yet, no?

I'd say congrats for the communication and reassurances.

#3297 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I dont like the whole "Gary you need to call the loudest people to try and shut them up" without actually putting something out in the public.

First of all, I'm 100% happy with my decision to keep my GBLE and i love my TWDLE and hope to buy more great Stern pins in the future.

I figure their strategy Hilton, like it always has been, is to just mistakenly deal with this issue on a case by case basis.

They obviously care about perception, as they take down any negative posts or comments on their social media immediately. What must they think about some of these comments?

They feel that if they don't make a general statement that most people out there won't even realize there is a problem and thus minimize the $$ damages associated with a fix. What about all of the lost/postponed sales from the masses that do know?

This time, however, the issue is too widespread and has gotten out of control and its not just Pinside.

This time, there are other options for people to consider spending their pinball $$$ on.

This time, they should have addressed this issue immediately with a simple general statement and reassurances like the conversation Gary had with KPG.

This time, a NIB LE costs $8k and some people have the perception, and maybe the reality, that the consumer is getting higher costs and lower quality, and deafening, unsettling silence when something MAJOR goes wrong is not good for "business". But hey, its their "business" to conduct any way they want.

Next time, it might be time for Stern to come up with a better "game plan" to deal with issues more effectively and efficiently. The old way of doing "business" ain't working. You can't take a year to figure it out and make it right anymore. Too many other options!

While all this gets worked out I'm having a ton of fun with my GBLE, but NEXT TIME, how all of this has been handled might affect my decision on how to spend my pinball $$$, I gotta believe Stern pinball cares about that? No?

#3321 7 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Last night I had an airball jump from a Scoleri drop, hit the glass, and into the shooter lane! Was intentional of course....
Finally got a half decent score over 500 mil on factory 3 ball last night. No idea how, but it was fun. Storage multiball is just crazy - it's one of the best multiball starts I've seen.

I've had several air balls from the left ramp posts off the glass and into the shooter lane too. Especially at first.

Yep Storage MB is awesome! TWD has Blood Bath, Terminus, Horde and LMS to name a few. Hopefully Dwight will beef up the code to add more MB's and a mini wizard or two.

I like playing the ladders more than i thought i would.

#3323 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Stay Puft mode is bad ass too.. its a multiball, and has probably the best callouts and animations of any mode I have seen so far. Once I hit that mode, it really upped my level of appreciation for the game and made me understand why the modes are in a ladder vs random.

Gonna start focusing on that ladder to get there! In fact, getting ready to flip the switch right now.

#3332 7 years ago

Hot wife pic does it every time!

Gotta say, taking a break from a couple of hours on GBLE. It just gets better the more you play. It can be a frustrating M fer though but that is what makes you keep pushing the start button.

My best scores have come in my first 50 games or so (200 or so in), now I'm trying to get up the ladders and the scoring ain't there BUT it's a ton of FUN.

My pin has calmed down dramatically. Almost too much. I might wax it up to get the crazy stuff going again.

It's a great pin and for those that have a premium on order, i wouldn't hesitate to keep it at this point.

I'm ecstatic i kept my LE. It's gonna sit right next to TWDLE and Ac/dc premium. 3 of the best pins ever for me.

Yes shit has hit the fan with the PF's and guys like KPG has taken one for the team but Gary is making it right and kudos to the whole Stern team for a phenomenal fun pin (PF issues aside).

#3335 7 years ago
Quoted from Bing_Party:

Don't get married till 40

Now we are talking! You better put a ring on it BLING party Lord have mercy

Don't worry about that premium Bing, this pin is awesome.

#3336 7 years ago

Sorry mods, for old times sake. Getting things back on a positive note? Just one time, that's it.....

Ahh the good ole days when a sack of titties would calm the waters.

#3376 7 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

I know.. I don't understand why people can't digest this.
Cash flow is king!
Stopping production = stopping cash flow (but expenses don't stop!)
Not every game shipped is going to require a PF swap
Fixing defect playfields can be done at Stern's pace on their own timeline
Revenue from game invoice >> (Costs for PF swap later down the road/Probability of swap needed)

Most people should understand this. It's simple.

While they keep production going it would behoove them to answer customer questions like Gary finally did with KPG and others.

This gives customers a "warm and fuzzy feeling" when they buy, thus, when they "keep production rolling down the line" they will have customers to buy those pins as they come off of the line.

The distributors aren't going to eat a load of inventory that sits either.

Communication. It's not a dirty word. And maybe they have now received the message loud and clear.

#3378 7 years ago
Quoted from imharrow:

Can everyone stop all this misogynist BS? I read pinside for talk about pinball machines, not to see pictures of women. There are so many people here I want to ignore, but can't because they regularly provide useful information. Keep things on topic, there are plenty of other sites you can talk about your wives and post pictures of your wives.

Lighten up man. That's my opinion for you. This is a melting of pot of different people with different views and if you don't like certain things then just "look away".

Carry on.

#3380 7 years ago

You guys definitely don't own a TWD pin, and probably shouldn't, you would go insane with those out lanes.

Everybody should set their own pin up for maximum enjoyment though. Having fun is what its all about.

#3419 7 years ago

Come On Maple, give me a break, we are all different, you want to think I'm a DBag I don't care. I'm a great guy if I do say so myself

I've got 3 girls myself and I have a healthy appreciation for the female world.

I'd love to have more women involved in pinball. Not one female I know would be offended by what goes on here.

That said, most people in Texas don't live by the over the top BS politically correct nonsense that goes on in other places.

Let's throw Louisiana in that crowd too and while I haven't met her yet Pavball seems to be one of the coolest girls in pinball.

So lose the PC BS, I'm tired of it and some of the over the top rhetoric simply doesn't apply

#3421 7 years ago
Quoted from Bing_Party:

Is this a Canadian thing or something?!? You guys are acting like nude pics went up. All jokes aside I will curb that stuff if folks are offended but was just trying to provide a little side entertainment. Pinball machines are a work of art and so are the women we post. Pump the breaks already, way too uptight.

Everybody is entitled to their opinions, doesn't mean we have to conform to somebody else's preachy PC BS. There will always be whiners and complainers

I'm not gonna let it affect me. Let's carry on and have fun

#3423 7 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Gary Stern is behind this
He wants to divide us
Better we argue about titties than unite for playfield resolutions

How dare he sell Big Juicy Melons

#3427 7 years ago

I wouldn't want to be perceived as "misogynist" in buying that pin, although my girls would have a good laugh.

But hey, I'm def going to get a ticket to that Stern party in Chicago, Big Juicy Melons and Bare Naked Ladies!

Sounds like fun

#3489 7 years ago
Quoted from MapleSyrup:

I'm actually not even remotely uptight. I'm just trying to be helpful to women who are currently voicing that this is a problem.
They aren't "uptight feminazis" trying to ram their agenda down everybody's throats. They're woman who love pinball and want to feel welcome. I want to support that. That's all.

I actually agree with what you are saying, most people would, more women involved in pinball is a great thing. I think of Pavball because I see her jumping right in, organizing tournaments and just having fun with her mate Tiger! It's a great group they have.

My wife and 3 girls won't ever love pinball, just not their thing, but its not because there is rampant "sexism" or "misogynistic" attitudes on Pinside. That's just way over the top, overblown rhetoric and it hurts the point you are trying to make imo. But like i said, people are free to believe that they believe and voice their opinions.

I just give women MUCH more credit. And if some "sexism" exists here, whatever TF that means, so what, look around you, that's life, and my 3 girls are tough enough to handle it. Probably because I have a shotgun by the front door when the boys come knocking.

Let's all try and get along, it's a great community. I try and not take myself so seriously, life is serious enough, I say stupid things, bluster all up, act like an infant at times and then calm down and hug it out. I'm passionate about what i believe, so I'm giving you some love back Maple, i like you and respect what you are saying, hugs and kisses, you feeling me!!

And pics of KPG's hot wife playing a GBLE is great to see! If some women don't like it, that's their problem imho.

Carry on, back to pinball, glad to see you are getting a resolution KPG!

#3490 7 years ago

KPG, great attitude and great job with the updates, we all should have each other's backs here. The more information that helps others, the better.

It's a shame it took so long to announce "the program" that was apparently a "program" already but at least they are going to make it right.

The $5k is ridiculous, however, you can imagine that SOME people would try and take advantage of the situation, the something for nothing whiny crowd that don't really have a problem, they just want something.

#3506 7 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

Takeaway with this latest news is that ghosting is not considered an issue. KPG is going to get taken care of eventually, what about the rest of the owners and those considering buying a game? That's what I am waiting to hear about.

If "ghosting" isn't an issue then good luck selling those Nib's in the future. "Seriously".

I've seen some MAJOR ghosting and its just a sign of the overall quality of the PF and clear job.

My GBLE, so far, has some minor ghosting on the Tobin insert so I don't expect a repopulated play field for that obviously, however, if the ghosting virus starts to spread and gets ugly then that ain't acceptable.

#3652 7 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Please help. Do you see airballs from your ghost target, or should I ignore the plastic above it?

I wouldn't worry about the ghost target if its too much trouble Art. I see very few if any but maybe other folks are.

#3707 7 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

Contacted my distributor again today. They are still looking into the playfield issues. Ontop of that my ramp shots never exit the subway.

That's F ed up. The only time mine gets stuck in there is when an air ball hops into the subway and then the ball search kicks it out.

#3765 7 years ago
Quoted from Flato:

They have supposedly stopped production a few times but it hasn't helped anything yet, also it's not just GB newer mets are having problems to.

Wow, looks like you got one of the crappers Flato. Hard to understand wtf is going on.

It seems like 1/2 are ok and the other 1/2 have various issues.

Sorry man.

#3795 7 years ago
Quoted from Nevus:

Besides the obvious problem that needs to be fixed, the other major issue is the lack of public acknowledgment. It's way past time for that. It has become the elephant in the living room.

I've gotten lucky with my GBLE, yes it was a roll of the dice! Great pin btw

Stern seems to be playing the angle that by NOT making a public announcement, the liability will be much less and the number of consumers that don't pay attention will outweigh the loss of current and future sales?

I get it but its not right and i think they are making a mistake. Why not give people confidence they are working on the issue and will take care of the problems as they arise?

Secretive case by case dealings in a small knit pinball community on such a widespread issue doesn't seem to make much sense but oh well.

#4000 7 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

And yes, for me it's much more difficult to get support for any after-sales issue... The sole distributor for South America is located in Chile.... Now you can imagine the headaches....

Dude, quit whining, you might as well wait at this point, wouldn't want you to wet your panties

#4007 7 years ago

Bottom line, "Stern stands behind their products".

#4012 7 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

If I were a game owner and getting rejected... damn straight I'd be campaigning for people to join together in a Class Action. Stern has set the bar at $5000 cost of replacement. That's $5k in damages per owner you could argue you are facing.. and the Stern product is defective and Stern has been fraudulent in their handling of it all.

Communication sucks, not just Stern, but all of them.

The pinball industry is like nothing else out there it seems.

There will never be a class action suit. No lawyer would take it on. Chump change.

If you are buying a GB pro or premium, and are worried about it, why not just wait?

If you are buying any pinball machine, isn't there some element of "buyer beware"?

If it will affect your life to have a defective POS, and it stresses you out, then don't buy it. That simple.

#4019 7 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Yet a lawyer took up the Predator case.. and that's a lot more work, against an entity that is probably broke, and probably would take years, if ever, to recover anything.

I said from day one, that dumb M fer was just on a $$$ grab and nobody was going to get anything.

What's the status today? Lawyer got paid and everybody else got shit.

1 month later
#4495 7 years ago
Quoted from MinusWorlds:

He's as much anti-Stern as you are pro-Stern. His theory has validity. Younger wood is softer wood. Younger wood is cheaper wood.

Say what?! My experience is that "younger wood" is much harder. Maybe that's just me. The older my wood gets its def NOT harder!

#4512 7 years ago

Just played my GBLE.

F ing LOVE it, despite its very MINOR Tobin ghosting.

Honestly, I really don't F ing see it when I'm playing the pin i love. I literally have to put my glasses on to see the paper thin ghosting!

You dopey whiners need to get a life!

It's a GREAT pin.

#4535 7 years ago

Best PF i ever had was my LOTR LE, it looked the same 5 years later, very minor dimpling

2 months later
#5054 7 years ago

My GBLE is still in good shape. Very minor ghosting on Tobin that hasn't gotten worse

That sucks Booms, going through a replacement and ghosting right away.

#5071 7 years ago

It really is amazing the total lack of communication.

It's beyond stupid on their part.

I realize Andrew hangs his ass every time when he puts up a deadline but at least its some communication

How hard would it be to give us CODE progress updates on a monthly basis?

Or updates on things like PF issues. It's like we are just left to wonder when they will actually get their shit together

"Let's just keep sending out the crappy batches of PFs and see if they will notice. "

The only thing I can conclude is that they just don't give a F how many sales they lose if in the grand scheme of things it's just a drop in the bucket

Call it shrinkage

2 weeks later
#5111 7 years ago

I have been a lucky lottery winner so far.

Loving my GBLE with zero issues other than a very tiny sliver of ghosting on Tobin insert.

It's a great pin. Huge fun factor!

As for Stern, generally agree with Skb, best to wait on anything newly minted, not just Stern pinball.

But they do a pretty damn good job overall and have excellent service if there is an issue, communication issues aside

#5166 7 years ago
Quoted from ExtremePinball:

You can count me in on the class action suit.

Are you going to be buying anymore Stern pins for route? Seems to me they ought be taking care of a guy that buys as many pins as you do right away.

They should be taking care of everybody.

Seems like just another failure to communicate. I don't get it.

#5173 7 years ago

There is nearly no chance that I would buy another pin for the route. I'm slowly getting myself out of the nearly daily business of repairing Stern factory junk. I've already liquidated 5 pins at Captain's auction last month, and I have a few more slated to go out this month as well.

Based on your numbers on the arcade video games I've always wondered why anybody would want to route a pinball machine.

It's depressing to hear an Op who deals with Stern issues daily calling it "factory junk". I enjoy my pins in my HUO environment but certainly wouldn't put up with the nonsense you have to deal with.

Heading to Vegas at the end of the month, will check out the NYNY spot.

#5216 7 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Sheesh!
New game comes out….BAM!…Sold Out!
Bitch & Moan
Next game comes out…(cost a fortune)…BAM! …Sold Out!
Bitch & Moan
Next game RUMORED to come out…BAM! …Sold Out!
Bitch & Moan On Ready
Yeah, we're showing them!

That's what I'm saying Ted. All this bitching and moaning seems like nothing more than pissing in the wind.

Not that it's not justified it seems to have no effect at all. There is a pinball world outside of Pinside that doesn't care about this stuff I suppose

#5226 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

I hope they are ok with that game dropping big time in value then, and waiting who knows how long (or ever) to get a replacement playfield.

They aren't getting a replacement PF for a tiny amount of ghosting. Neither am I. Nor would I want to go through the pain in the ass to replace it.

Your situation was totally different. You are getting a newly populated PF

#5235 7 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

Earlier on I stated the reason they were NOT making a public announcement about it was for legal reasons and exposure. Yet two lawyers over here shot me down and said "that wouldn't matter". Ice and Rob I believe (...they ARE lawyers right? Darn ballbusters )
Of course Gary's remarks matter... nothing like a recorded "confession" of the issue to move things along. See I knew I was right

Win what?

Stern ain't Apple or Tesla. There aren't millions of plaintiffs and big $$$ recoveries here.

Stern has agreed to fix the "defective" PF's so what are the damages?

A lawyer is going to take some case here on a % based recovery? Seriously doubt it. And I wouldn't waste a penny on legal fees to pursue this matter.

Now IF they don't remedy the defect like they said they would then its game on. Kpg is leading the way!

#5236 7 years ago

I can't wait to see the lawsuit filed for dimpled PF's and ghosted inserts.

#5242 7 years ago

Kpg has a point, I don't know much about consumer protection laws

Generally I know a lawsuit has to be brought in good faith to recover hourly fees. And the system is obviously set up to benefit us lawyers. . Probably true in Illinois?

I've got a client going through a will contest, got her after the husband died or there never would have been one in the first place. I would have properly stacked wills and trusts etc

The other side is churning and burning hours hoping that even if they lose on the merits of the case, which they should, that they will be awarded attorney fees anyhow. It's part of our probate code.

My client has spent $385k so far and we still have several depos to go and trial in July! 20 mill estate

Regardless, I'll be happily cheering you guys on. I suspect Stern knows that 2+2 = 4 and remedying an admitted defect is a given. ?? No point in just shoveling cash to the lawyers here

#5243 7 years ago

Wondering if you could establish venue outside of Illinois? Buying from the distro not Stern direct so should be able to. That would certainly hurt!

#5257 7 years ago

Maybe you want one of these PF's instead? Whoops

JJP (resized).jpgJJP (resized).jpg

#5259 7 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

What is that? damage around a magnet? what game?

Well that would be a newly placed DI on location i believe.

Kind of looks like Woz PF's i've seen around the tree pop bumpers.

#5264 7 years ago

Sometimes shit just happens with PF's, doesn't matter where they come from.

Woz2 (resized).jpgWoz2 (resized).jpg

Woz1 (resized).jpgWoz1 (resized).jpg

#5266 7 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

Well at least this machine looks like it EARNED that damage in the wild. Which used to be the their purpose in life back in the day.
Now if this happened in somebody's living room...well.... then we'd grab the pitchforks

That damage occurred after 4000 plays according to the owner.

JJP had some real PF issues. My pf has some chipping in the saucers.

#5269 7 years ago

While the playfields on my Iron Man VE at 24,000 plays, and my AC/DC Pro at 16,100 plays, always polish up like new when they get cleaned & waxed.
No comparison..... until recently, of course.

Wow that's good to know. It will be many many years, if ever, before i get 24k plays on any of my pins.

So it's not a problem until its a problem. Stern better reverse this PF BS.

#5271 7 years ago

That's true Clg. A nicked ball can cause a ton of damage in a short period of time

You guys that route these games provide some great helpful insight. Thanks!

#5289 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

But if I did want to compare, I had bought a Hobbit two months before my GBLE and the playfield was perfect and much much higher quality then GB's. No sign of ghosting or chipping, anything. It even dimpled less. My GBLE looks like the surface of the moon compared to my other machines, likely due to how crazy the air balls are. But dimpling isn't the problem as it's expected on any pinball machine.. the manufacturers defects are the problem as I've stated.

"the manufacturers defects are the problem as I've stated"

Stern is replacing the "defects" as you know. You can grill steaks on top of your GBLE, play it 5k plays more and you still get a newly populated PF.

Extreme pinball says his RRWoz is garbage after 11k, how does that make you feel, while his Iron ManVE after 24k and Ac/dc pro after 16k look great.

My Woz PF has issues with chipping.

Hopefully Stern will reverse the PF issues, time will tell, or they will pay for the "defects" simple as that.

#5298 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Thats the entire reason I'm posting here still - I *dont know* if they are replacing it. I was told months ago they would, and that I'd have a playfield in October - direct from Gary's Stern.
It's now Jan 2017 and I don't want to keep playing it. I want to sell it.. and I have no idea if they are going to replace it at this point, as they went from giving me an idea as to when I'll get the PF to now not knowing and claiming the replacement program was "pushed back".
Sounds like they are trying to sweep the issue under the rug to me.

I know you have been waiting a long time.

I'm under the assumption that there is zero chance it can or will be swept under the rug.

The communication has always blown with all of these guys.

It especially sucks for the people that do want to sell it now like yourself

#5300 7 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Some very very early WOZ's had playfield issues. JJP switched playfield manufactures years ago. The issue sucked but it was their first pinball machine ever, they learned from it and again the issue was corrected years ago.
Stern though is the worlds oldest and largest manufacturer of, etc. I wouldn't expect Stern to have the same problems as that of a company when they were making their first pinball machine.
With 30 years of experience Stern should be the leader in QC. However, that's not the case for Stern and instead they seem more focused on increasing their bottom line by reducing quality, code support, and features.

I know you are the #1 JJP fanboy and apologist.

And the Stern bashing is broken record over and over again.

Shit happens. Samsung phones catch on fire. They either fix it or go out of business

You just saw a brand new DI PF look like garbage.

You just heard a big route operator give the status of the shit RRwoz PF after 11k plays

So it's NOT just very very early PF issues with JJP.

Lose the cut and paste JJP talking points you have on file

#5301 7 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

That's all fine and dandy but many would rather not assume.

I understand that. But that is the ONLY option you have right now.

They said they were going to make the defects right, implemented a plan and hopefully will execute.

Nobody is going to sue anybody at this point. Wtf

Many have made the choice for now to never buy another Nib pin as a result.

Doesn't seem to make a bit of difference in total sales does it?

#5312 7 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Stern gets an F for communication.

I would say F minus.

And its so easy to fix.

Need to get a signed customer petition going or some kind of attention getter. The random ramblings on Pinside don't seem to be doing any good. And people are going to keep buying them because they love pinball, but how about some respect for the customers.

#5326 7 years ago

I signed the petition to voice my displeasure re code updates and lack of overall communication

To be clear, I'm not signing on to any class action litigation against Stern if this is being used as a means to gather plaintiffs

But knock yourselves out if that's the route you go

#5341 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Iceman, I am wondering- if your BM66 arrives and has a ghosted playfield and chips, and you were promised a replacement playfield- and then never updated again and had no idea as to when it would arrive- how would you go about it? Would you just wait around and hope it shows up? How would you personally proceed if in my shoes (and others that purchased a defective product) ?

I've said many times as you know, I would be very pissed if i was in your shoes! Of course.

The lack of communication is a joke and unacceptable.

I would have one of my assistants calling them on a regular basis and making myself a nuisance until it got resolved.

I don't blame anybody for going after them, that's why i signed the petition for what i feel is a pitiful mode of operating on their end.

#5404 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

I am sure they appreciate the people that have come to their defense- but I would love to see them prove all us doubters and naysayers wrong- Stern, if indeed you want to make this right - MAKE A PUBLIC statement already. Your silence speaks volumes!

You are on a very small island right now and on tilt. You can barely get 100 people to sign the petition. I'm one of them.

Posting 24/7 and threatening legal action that is going nowhere isn't going to get it done.

At this point you are only making it worse for yourself. That's my advice for you.

Let the petition speak for itself. No need to comment non stop on Pinside. You are talking to the wrong F ing people.

Get on the phone with Stern and make yourself the nuisance you are here. These people can do nothing for you.

#5410 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

As an attorney, your mindset and attitude blow me away. I'd never hire you to represent me, but it seems you would make a great consumer law defense attorney... maybe you are trying to let Stern know by posting here you would like to defend them?

Keep losing then.

Sorry Kpg, but this is going NOWHERE and you will get your PF soon enough and it will have ZERO to do with the petition.

How much you want to wager?

#5419 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Here are the rules:
You win: This would mean there's no positive end result for us, that happens at an accelerated rate due to my efforts here, that began with my petition
You lose: Communication by Stern happens relatively soon, and accelerated by my efforts. We get more posts and pictures confirming new GBLE playfields and more people claiming to get more information from their Distributors, due to better communication. More people report calls or updates from Stern directly in a short amount of time (I'll give you those dates within a PM in case Stern wants to bet against me lol). Any type of positive response with an agreed time frame by Stern, due to increased awareness of my campaign. Any type of media publishing both on TV or on the internet. Any type of publicly filed press release and /or complaint, any type of legal correspondense published here on Pinside with images and/or scans of such correspondence as proof. Lawsuit in any form including class action. Any type of proof of legal filings, both public or private.

You have to be kidding me! There are about 100 ways for you to win this. I win with "no positive end result for us", at an accelerated rate due to your efforts that begin with the petition. Wtf. Stern already knows full well about the petition.

There will be a positive end result anyhow and it won't be because of the petition.

If you and everybody else that don't have a PF and/or has any other issue that doesn't get fixed within 30 days, you lose. Every single one of them.

Another thing that is definitive is file suit or not. Let's put a wager on that one. It's either yes or no. And you have another 30 days from the date of the petition to get it filed, class action. Any dummy can file their own bogus suit.

Although i wouldn't be surprised if they try and make you eat those legal fees as well.

#5422 7 years ago

Any wager we make will go to charity.

#5424 7 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Iceman I'm sure glad you finally got here. KPG has been up all damn night waiting on you to show up!

I know, I missed his proposal. Went out drinking! Up a little late today.

Here's the thing. I want what Kpg wants, that's why i signed the petition myself. Better communication about code and QC issues.

I think they have already started with the code effort by having BM66 owners sign up to be notified on code updates and new associated therewith.

I did not sign any petition so Kpg's lawyer could gather a group of people to file a class action suit. All we hear now are the rantings of the potential Plaintiffs, if its filed, Stern is allowed to hire its own lawyer and file its own answer, its not a one way street here.

The end result should be much better communication and everybody getting their issues fixed faster.

The wager on my rules:

There will be NO class action lawsuit filed within 30 days of filing the petition, 100 people in the class. $2500

If a class action lawsuit is filed, it will never go to trial and/or zero damages will be awarded. $7,500

As a result of the petition filed, Stern acknowledges every issue publicly and fixes every issue within 30 days. Every single one of them. $10,000. And i want your Metallica pin, if i lose you get my Ac/dc.

#5425 7 years ago

I have a better idea.

Why don't we make a positive statement on behalf of the community.

Let's put together a raise money for charity event. Let's say we get the total up to $25k or $50k

What reasonable things would we like for Stern to implement in the way of communication

IF they agree to implement them then we make the $50k donation to charity. Win win and fun thing to do.

Rather than antagonistic BS that won't go anywhere let's try this one.

I would hate to take Kpgs $$$

Btw, negotiating a deal, now you are in my wheelhouse big daddy

#5432 7 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Raising money for charity is always awesome. However, Stern should do right on their own because this is their screw up. Stern shouldn't get an incentive for fixing playfield issues, completing code, etc. Sterns incentive to make quality products with deep and unique code is the $5k-$12k people are dropping on their NIB games.

Ya think? This is about the communication complaints.

Rather than go into attack mode like a pack of animals maybe try another approach.

It's 2017 and Stern pinball is going to dominate. Anyone want to wager on that one? Let's work with

I guess Kpg must have gotten a tongue lashing from JD

#5433 7 years ago

Kpg is a good dude. Love the misplaced enthusiasm and excitement.

At least he isn't just a malcontent whiner. That I can respect.

I look at it as a hard headed mule/bull in a China closet approach. No offense intended

There is something to be said for understanding both sides of an issue though.

Have we gone dark per JD instructions?

#5437 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Honestly I am not in any feud w/ Iceman. I have always enjoyed his posts here, and he seems like a pretty intelligent guy and we'd probably have a great time playing pinball together.
We definitely do not agree on this particular topic and that is fine.
I am down for a beer and game of pinball w/ the guy when this is all said and done.. that is what being in this hobby is all about, right?

100% Kpg, we can argue it out and then hug it out! Beers and pinball, its all good.

1 month later
#5533 7 years ago

GBLE is so F ing great.

So is BM66LE!!! Even in its infancy code wise.

Stern is kicking ass right now.

#5535 7 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

B66 outright sucks. But yes, GB is fantastic.

Sorry jarhead, but BM66 is GREAT, and so is GBLE. How do i know? I have both!!!! How about you?

#5541 7 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

I have a GBLE and I've played plenty of Batman (both LE and a premium). Batman is a half-baked design (rattly, balls get stuck, turntable is lame) and is outright raw in regards to code. It's cheap.

Nope, not even close! None of what you say is true. I've played tons of games on the new code. You have NOT. I play it every day. You haven't played plenty of shit and you are lying and clueless.

It's NOT F ing cheap by comparison to GBLE. Get it? No because you don't have it.

It's great, you have ZERO clue. Just a jealous hater as usual but that's ok!

#5542 7 years ago

Nevertheless......I own and play GBLE and BM66LE mostly every day whenever i can.

I love them BOTH.

BM66LE is and will be every bit as good as GBLE and better is some respects.

And not as good in some respects.

Yes, Stern is serious in making some great pinball machines. Very happy!!!!

#5545 7 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Why does Batman 66 LE cost about $2k more then GB LE? Does the topper do something crazy? There must be some reason why Stern is charging so much more for the game.

I paid $1600 more than my GBLE which all the flipper dicks were crawling over themselves to grab up?

What do you think?

In any event, both of these pins are F ing great. Buy whatever floats your weird ass boat.

#5546 7 years ago

Stick to the Heighway Alien purchase thread Panzer! That's what you know best. This, not so much.

#5554 7 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

How would you know what I have or haven't done? You don't. Don't go around calling people liars, you entitled and little immature twerp.
Nobody puts any stock in your opinion on games because you're a biased jerkoff. Everybody rolls their eyes and moves on. But when you want to get personal and start throwing around personal attacks, that's not ok.

Wow. Pot calling the kettle black

You drop in and dump non stop about the same thing over and over again.

A jealous hater

Rolling eyes now

That's right make pinball great again!!

#5555 7 years ago

Quoted from tamoore:Both GB and BM66 suck donkey balls. You aren't even half right.

Genius

#5556 7 years ago

Yes it's only pinball. Having a blast playing my Stern pins. Some of the cupcakes don't like praise for Stern so to my downvoting fans, right back at you.

As the infamous Bobby Knight once said

"When my time on earth is gone, and my activities here are passed, I want they bury me upside down, and my critics can kiss my ...".

#5558 7 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

I'm trying to figure out what I would be jealous of. Is it your 13-year old's posting style, or is it your game that's been unplayable longer than it's been playable? I'd like to know what I'm supposedly jealous of and hating on.

Comment speaks for itself

#5561 7 years ago

Go read the BM66 thread for the ACTUAL reasons! This is the hater thread

I could care less about how wrong somebody else is about a pin. It's your body of work that speaks for itself. Non stop negative

My comments were just directed at you and a few others. Not others I respect and like with valid criticisms

#5563 7 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

I don't post in the B66 club thread because I don't own one. I just stick to the impression thread. This really wasn't a B66 thread until you kinda derailed it with unnecessary cheerleading, by the way. People are having real issues with their game and you come in to cheerlead. How else do you think it's going to be received? Not the time or place, dude.
And no, I'm not nonstop negative. I don't agree with Stern's business practices (few would if they knew what was going on), and I don't think Batman '66 is a good game. Other than that, I don't have much negative to say about Stern or their games. You're just hyper focused on one thing. It's weird.
Also, it's "I couldn't care less." But maybe you're right, you do care way too much; so maybe you could (and should) care less.

Just pm me if you want to carry on the conversation. I don't care how it's received by the cupcakes

#5565 7 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

Man, who the fuck cares what Ice likes or buys? It's his money. I wouldn't buy B66 either if I could afford it but I sure hope he loves his and I would love to play his with him and drink massive quantities of alcoholic beverages with him. Ice is a good guy. Why give him shit over what he buys or doesn't.

Drinks and pins any time brother! I don't think they get the point but whatever

#5571 7 years ago

For the record, "crapping up conversation" is just another way of saying you just can't deal with someone else's opinion if it differs from your own.

I happen to have a very different opinion re Stern, it's a positive one, yes they have issues to work out, and they have and will, I don't drone on and on about it and stomp my feet like a petulant 3 yr old child

This thread title is Stern are you serious?

Yes they are! I know it pains some of you to believe that BM66 will be a really great pin but you need to get over it

#5587 7 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

It's just his opinion. I don't think he cares if people don't like GB or Batman. Heck I told him that he got Boned on Batman and he just laughed. GB is pretty effin great, I will agree with him on that! I'm not sure how that Batman purchase sight unseen is going to turn out for him though lol. For his sake I hope it's good though.

Trust me Who Dey, I'm Lmao. You know about my early trepidation with this one.

I am glad you are loving that GB, there was no doubt about it!

Quoted from jar155:

I hope that they figure out how to make Batman great. A flop is never good for anybody.

And you wonder why you get called out for being full of shit. Non stop BS.

As for BM66. I was a bit skeptical myself initially.

Didn't have the right off the bat wow factor like GBLE, but neither did TWDLE and its one of the best pins ever.

Code is so early but making nice progress from .65 to .69, starting to really shape up. And I've played a ton of games on it.

If was crap, I'd tell it like it is. It's not, it's a lot of fun even now.

The LCD and integration is very cool.

The sounds, musics, animations and callouts are great and will only get MUCH better.

The integration of the theme and immersion factor is spot on. Ala TWD and GB.

The layout and shot making is surprisingly excellent. Great combos and loops. Ramp flow feels really nice. And its fun making and shooting long shots much like WPT.

MB is an overload of the senses in a good way, much like GB MB, one of my favorites.

Bottom line is Lyman is the best coder on the planet and it will be a GREAT pin when its final.

That's just my opinion based on how much I've actually played the game! And I'm just one of many that feel the same way as code develops.

Just a matter of time fellas.

#5589 7 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Fast forward to drink 10, and then he gets on Pinside and starts taking his anger out on everyone on here. He means nothing by it, matter of fact he's probably so drunk that he probably doesn't even remember doing it the next day! lol
Just kidding iceman!

I always remember the next day, never get that drunk!

I wasn't thrilled with that mech being F ed up but I did see the irony in it and had to laugh right? Whining about it does no good.

Thanks for busting my balls.

#5591 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Thanks! Next time I check, I'll put my glasses on and make sure.

How do you like BM66 so far Odiner?

#5593 7 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Ice is acting like a dick. Stop making excuses for him.
I don't think Batman or any newer run games are going to have the same chipping or ghosting issues. I've heard what happened and there is good reason why we aren't being told or there is no official explanation. It doesn't mean that there shouldn't be better overall communication, but I understand the odd silence about the actual issue now. Problem should be solved.

Pull the stick out.

Better communication from Stern? Where have i heard that one before? Everybody that plays and buys pins.

#5598 7 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

The only reason I visit pinside is to troll Iceman & Panzer
Is this the right thread for me?

You love me Curly! Are you still waiting out PF gate before you get that GB?

#5599 7 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Better than GB, TWD, GOT, and MET?

There really isn't any right or wrong or "best ever" right? I think GB and TWD are phenomenal.

And i wasn't really sure until i got significant time on it the last several nights with all the nuances, BM66 is gonna be great and one of MY favorites right up there with the other two.

I can see though how it might get some mediocre reviews without getting a ton of play on it. GB is just straightforward fun with the ladders, there are going to be a multitude of shots, with the turn table, and many different ways to play BM66

#5602 7 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

GB disappointed me tremendously. I will play it again on location while waiting for other games to open up but it's just not a *purchase* for me.
I'm in a weird place right now pinball-wise.
Aerosmith is a shit theme IMO but I might buy it soon if code & PF QC is good. If either of those two criteria are not met I will just wait for Star Wars, Archer, Pulp Fiction or whatever LCD title is next to materialize & mature.

Was it a GB pro or premium? I didn't like the pro nearly as much.

Aerosmith looks like a sleeper, LCD and animations are awesome. Gotta wait out code on that one with Lonnie, I agree and it doesn't hurt to wait and see if Stern has fixed the PF issues.

None on my BM66 yet!

#5604 7 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

but it's more fun to play with friends over a few beers. We were laughing our asses of at the magna slings last nite. Magna slings are the best ever, there's no disputing that!

That is right on. It's just plain F ing fun! Those magna slings are genius and the subway ramp is one of my favorite ramp shots.

If only it had the LCD.

A great beer drinking pin. TWD is more work, blood pressure raising.

#5634 7 years ago

Everybody has to make their own assessment of the situation with Stern QC

There are always going to be issues that crop up from time to time. Some bigger than others like PF gate

Can also just wait it out like Curly is doing. I used up all my patience for a lifetime waiting on Woz

What I know for myself is that I'm thrilled with my Stern purchases. Aside from a F Ed up mech, my BM66LE is working beautifully now

Going forward, I think Stern is gonna crush it with that LCD and the pricing of that pro model

The good news is there are lots of options to pick from competition wise if you don't like one vendor

#5664 7 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Rarehero couldn't offend me if he tried!

Another reason i like you Who Dey!

#5670 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinballlew:

This is what is keeping me from buying right now.

WAY overblown. Just do it. Curly is scared of his own shadow right now.

#5704 7 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Your BM66 stands for "Broken Mech 66" right?

Lol that was below the belt, sorry bro

I like it, good one Curly!

Now it stands for Bada** Mfer.

#5711 7 years ago

AC/DC prem, TWDLE, GBLE and BM66LE are some of the greatest pinball experiences I've ever had.

Throw in my first pin LOTRLE and then SM and I'm a Stern fanboy!

I don't know wtf your problem is Panzer but my $$$ is going to anywhere i like pinball. Including Alien next.

Take the toys and the micro PF's and..........

#5740 7 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

think everyone here likes Stern. We just dont like their lack of action, communication & code. Plus it does seem Stern takes their customers for granted (lately).

All true. And talked about non stop

They aren't the only offenders. I'd put only Spooky in the plus side of that camp

#5741 7 years ago

Sorry Panzer but you pretty much do the same copy and paste post every time.

"I wouldn't buy a Stern pin because JJP offers more quality and toys"

I agree with you on Alien now that you see the toy value there!

#5757 7 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Thank God! I got enough hypocrites in my life as it is, I certainly don't need anymore!

Make your life much more enjoyable and hit the ignore button. Its a beautiful thing!

4 months later
#6073 6 years ago

You think making 1000's of pinball machines is easy?

I've had great success with Stern pins

The idea that JJP quality is better is a BIG F ing joke.

Look at all the PF chipping problems and BS they are having

The idea of "field testing" is the biggest lie

Why just now are we talking Cliffys for DI when Stern drops them in on most scoops

Go through the warranty process if there is an issue

Buying pinball machines for HUO just isn't for some people

#6074 6 years ago

You think making 1000's of pinball machines is easy?

I've had great success with Stern pins

The idea that JJP quality is better is a BIG F ing joke.

Look at all the PF chipping problems and BS they are having

The idea of "field testing" is the biggest lie

Why just now are we talking Cliffys for DI when Stern drops them in on most scoops

Go through the warranty process if there is an issue

Buying pinball machines for HUO just isn't for some people

#6090 6 years ago
Quoted from ArkhamB:

Ok I'll bite-
You think someone paying $6,000 to $9,000 for pinball machine should have to put up with wrinkled stickers or ghosting inserts?

It's not about "putting up" with anything.

If you buy a pinball machine, of any stripe, including JJP, hop over to that unboxing thread and see what kind of issues there are, there are always going to be tweaks and things to fix/adjust and sometimes replace.

I'll say it again, I've now purchased 6 NIB Stern pins, 1 of which had a turn table mech issue that was easily replaced and fixed, the rest are near perfect.

Option A - Buy a pinball machine and "put up" with issues possibly.

Option B - Don't buy a NIB pinball machine. Close your wallets and speak that way.

Option C- Wait and buy from someone else who took the risk.

Not that hard.

#6100 6 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Lol i just posted this in sw thread.... don't forget less than 50 plays. Not a big deal imo but some may care

I don't really see what's so funny about?

You need to run back over to the JJP fan club and defend all that PF chipping, lack of "field testing" and the other multitude of out of the box issues.

#6106 6 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Wasnt laughing at the issue for your information...just that we posted at the same time in different threads . Also there is no excuse for any of these playfield issues with any company but it is what it is. Personally i dont think eaither are a big deal.

Got it. Something we happen to agree upon, it is what it is.

People shouldn't buy NIB pins if it bothers them that much. What should we expect? I'm not sure, but either way, nobody has a gun to our heads.

Maybe more people will simply quit buying NIB. Pricing and the direction thereof is by far the biggest negative of what's going on.

#6116 6 years ago
Quoted from mountaingamer:

Stern is their own worse enemy. Like it or not Ice, their qc has turned lots of buyers off, and lumping them in with competitors to deflect the issue doesn't make it any better. I'm stoked about getting a new pin shortly - sure it won't be perfect, but I know the quality will way higher, and any issue I might have will be addressed immediately with jjp.

They are all their own worst enemy

The lack of communication and the way they handle things is terrible

At least Jack has quit lying and stopped just telling people what they want to hear

I'll disagree with you MountainG. The quality you are getting is simply NOT way higher

Doesn't matter though as long as you like it

Btw, price is a much bigger turn off imo

#6118 6 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

But you bought a Batman '66 and several LE versions of games. Dude, just admit it...you're horribly biased. Just own it at this point. The white knight act would be more palatable if you didn't try to keep up the act of impartiality.

Dude you are one of the ultimate Stern haters and JJP fanboys. Whatever.

I'm biased because i F ing LOVE my Stern pins. They are fun/great pins which is what pinball is about. That i'll own all day long.

And if i have a problem with them I just "OPEN A TICKET" and get it fixed. I don't whine and cry about it non stop on Pinside. You got a replacement GB pf no? Congratulations.

When i look at my Woz the supposed higher quality just isn't there in my eyes. The value of a heavier cab with direct print? So what. I had a pf and inside cab full of problems. Get it?

What i know for a fact is that if i go to sell my WozECLE right now i could get about what i paid for it. $6500.

As far as making and producing pinball machines you are DREAMING if you think the crew at JJP is as competent as the Stern crew that has been doing it for decades and infinitely more experience.

You will continue to see issues with JJP pins that require you to "open a ticket" because their crew isn't as experienced. Good thing JJP has great customer service like Stern.

#6120 6 years ago
Quoted from Procrastinator:

I do think some of the issues people have are serious, but I also think a lot of things are also overblown. People can like whoever they want and I feel for the most part everyone is happy there is great games being produced. But the tired act of shilling for one company under the guise of being unbiased is disingenuous and lame.

Give it a rest man. I criticize Stern for a lot things i don't like. Yes I'm biased in that i love the pins I've gotten from them, never said they are perfect, far from it.

I don't need to shill shit. I buy what i like. Now go ahead and whine to a mod again.

#6122 6 years ago

but I'm sure I'm wasting my keystrokes. The fact you think I went to a mod about you shows how little you recognize and take responsibility for your own behavior. Either way, carry on, I have neither the time nor the interest to go over this any further.

You are def wasting your time.

Just like all the other Stern haters that flood every thread with BS. Club threads being the exception.

My behavior is fine. So lets try and stay "on topic" and stop the "personal attacks".

The topic is all about how shitty Stern is, remember?

Here you go, let em know. http://www.sternpinball.com/contact

#6124 6 years ago

You're right, stern hater. I have only owned over a dozen sterns and 2 of their last 4 releases. You got it all figured out. Carry on.

You are correct, I don't consider you personally as part of the Anti Stern Army. Carry on.

#6134 6 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

I find Iceman44 very funny. So I just satisfied your curiosity. His comments are fantastic and very comical.

You love me. I knew it!

I am the Voice of Reason

#6141 6 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

My point is this. JJP releases there games with more complete code than STERN ever has. PERIOD!!! Going to be bug fixes and such.

Can we agree that Stern released more games in the last yr than JJP has in 7 years?

That's a factor and we all know it.

I would have zero issue ever with a JJP coded game because of Keith and Ted. Great like their support with Lloyd and crew

With Stern, we all know you have to be real careful buying Nib depending on WHO is doing the code

Even still, it's frustrating that my BM66LE doesn't have more advanced code from Lyman yet. It will be great when done but he's juggling multiple pins at the same time

#6156 6 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Exactly. JJP just started his company 4 years ago. Stern has been out how long? Plus it's very easy to produce 3-4 zizzles a year vs what JJP is producing.

Sorry big daddy. Let's try 7 years and I've been there since day one cheerleading when you were running around in diapers.

Wait until you go to sell that JJP "fo shizzle" on the secondary market and see what you get.

Chickens are coming home to roost.

#6158 6 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

Then again most JJP fanboys only judge a game by how much crap you can put on a play field not if the game is actually fun to play or not.

It's all about that BOM, about that BOM...Isn't there a song to that effect?

And of course you are right Smassa, you mention Ac/dc, Metallica and the TWD masterpiece but you could go SO MUCH deeper.

Lotr, SM, WPT (who did those rules?), GB, AS etc. etc. Or what about ST, TSSP, TRON, IM, GOT, POTC, BM66, BDK, TF, XMEN, RBION, Monopoly, CSI, Mustang, FG...What else?

Greatest hits and then some!

#6159 6 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

You should sell your WOZ. You are embarrassing us JJP fan boys.

How much? My inbox has ZERO offers. I'll entertain any offer for the Woz greatness.

#6162 6 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

I'll offer you a set of used Legs with some brand new Bolts and a Metallica Road case translite.

Not what I was hoping for but my inbox is still open and of course I will pay Pinside fees

After all, greatest quality ever no question about it. Deep code to boot. What's not to like?

#6210 6 years ago

Where are the FB pics?

I was told issue has been resolved and was only one insert due to a node board behind the insert and over tightening pulling insert away causing the ghosting

Not because of any clear job issues

#6212 6 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

I have only seen two different Star Wars machines with ghosting. I guess by definition that's "multiple," but that's the extent of what I've been able to find.

On the same insert right?

This was from Stern yesterday

#6214 6 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Hot dog inserts on both games, yeah. One had very small slivers of ghosting, the other had a bit more noticeable issue.

They claim they have resolved the issue with placement of the node board

We will see. Will be interesting to see if any other spots pop up. Or chipping

I'm pretty sure they aren't gonna want to relive the GB experience. Cost them a fortune and not done yet

#6233 6 years ago
Quoted from Midway-Man:

Who told you that? That´s the worst excuse I´ve ever heard...

That came straight from Stern but apparently we have a problem now with T-800 and those multiple inserts.

That's no bueno.

#6237 6 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Number 1 looks like some ghosting.

I is def ghosting too.

They must be making so much money they don't care about PF replacements? Wow

#6255 6 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

I would enjoy these "chess" type games a lot more if they added sounds/callouts and display effects to accompany accomplishments instead of just giving you a score.

1000%

That too is why i could never go to that next level in understanding the "chess" game on Ac/dc. TWD was a totally different story.

#6258 6 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

Don't have much time on TWD, may need to revisit it. It seems like code revisions have elevated it.
I was initially underwhelmed by the feel of the playfield, ie. clunky orbit and well walker bash toy, prison doors bash toy that open to reveal a bash toy and ramp that lifts to reveal a ... bash toy.

It grows on you. The better you get at it. A masterpiece.

#6260 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

I know what you mean by things feeling like they don't line up and not feeling particularly fluid, but TWD comes with plenty of hardware on it
2 x magnets
3 (4 if you say doors & head are seperate) x bash toys
And some of the best code in pinball.
Certainly gives you your money's worth.

And its really not the hardware, its just a Borg/Lyman masterpiece.

The layout is genius set up properly and the rules/immersion/journey is the best ever imo.

#6280 6 years ago
Quoted from MapleSyrup:

Aerosmith is one hell of a fun pinball machine.

You got that F ing right.

#6282 6 years ago

Man this is really getting pathetic.

How do you recycle F ed up "old pf's" to new customers as opposed to just throwing them out?

Do you give a F?

My SWLE is now on hold.

Good lord, JJP is as bad, sorry.

#6327 6 years ago
Quoted from ronaldvg:

My ASLE playfield has got the best clearcoat I have ever seen on a Stern (had almost all of them to compare). Even the dimpling is minimal on this one and there are airballs by design on this one.

My ASLE too. So does my BM66LE. Gorgeous PF's.

Now we are back to having issues with SW?

Surely they didn't go back to the mystery supplier did they?

Btw, listen to Who Dey, he knows what he's talking about!

#6328 6 years ago
Quoted from Travish:

I take it as "whatever we say it is".
They can save a lot of money on replacements just saying no. For the amount they spent on GB replacement issues alone they could have had it together by now and not need a "out".

They raised the price again to pay for all the replacements. You would think lesson learned.

I'll be watching in the next few weeks to see how the un boxings go.

Makes no sense to be the guinea pig again.

Especially with that cya disclaimer language. As if ghosting is normal and expected.

#6334 6 years ago

Totan and CV are famous for ghosting inserts.

What were they, $3500 NIB?

#6342 6 years ago

Booms has a good point too.

I wouldn't be buying JJP either NIB

#6348 6 years ago
Quoted from smokedog:

One week, 500 plays, one tiny sliver on one of the Roman numerals. Will keep an eye on it.
Hasn't affected earnings one bit.

500 plays per week is good right?

#6351 6 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

Thats what i was thinking. At $1 a play will be in the profit in no time.
Hey Ice does your ASle or BM66 have a beveled edge on the drain hole? I noticed my SW has a beveled edge and was just wondering when Stern started that?

I'll check it out when i get home on both. I want to say ASLE does but i'll report back.

#6369 6 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

My apologies, then. Post retracted and deleted.
The problem on Pinside with sentences that barely make sense is that it's tough to tell if the person is from a different country, or just drunk or stupid.

Sometimes i'm IN a different country, sometimes i'm happily drunk and I'm definitely stupid most of the time SO those are my excuses Boob for certain incoherent rants!

Hopefully that clears it up for people.

#6370 6 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Aerosmith playfields really feel like a bait and switch to me now. Look, we resolved our playfield problems! And then it looks like they went right back to the processes that had problems, but now with a disclaimer that it's normal.

Exactly. If they did actually reverse course from however they did the AS pf then that is MIND BLOWING stupid on their part.

Of course we will never know the truth because they don't communicate.

So, I'm left with wondering, waiting it out and canceling my LE.

#6378 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

So have you dropped out of your LE Ice? Your a well known presence here so if you have dropped out that's quite telling of Sterns decisions to shoot themselves in the foot again - Gary must be running out of toes!

Basically the CYA disclaimer changed things for me

I get why they did it. But by going after the nit pickers they are hurting their loyal base at the same time

And because I have a GBLE, I don't want another potential "issue pin"

I'll wait until the coast is clear

#6395 6 years ago

I am refocusing on my golf game again. I crush the driver and suck around the greens. Time to play a whole lot more!

However, after getting caught today on the 14th hole in a Caddyshack Judge Smayles rainstorm I thought to myself, pinball ain't so F ing bad after all!

So I came home drenched, popped open a brewsky and hit the GBLE.

That is a great pinball machine, especially when you are drinking and the magna slings, Scoleri brothers, Slimer and holograms start messing with you.

That is gorgeous packed pinball machine.

I have very MINOR ghosting on two inserts and chipping in the drain hole. So what right? I'll never sell it and if it falls to shit i can always replace it myself.

Now that doesn't mean i want another F ed up project pin in SWLE!

My BM66LE and ASLE pf's are a thing of beauty. WTF is going on!

Tell the truth Stern.

#6398 6 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Do you mind me asking when your LE was made? Was it one of the initial batch last year that have had been reported to have frequent ghosting/playfield issues?

Mine is August 2, 2016.

Quoted from T-800:

Where are replacement LE playfields sold? I'd be worried they are unobtanium.

We are about a year and a 1/2 into the GB license of 3 years so I'm planning on playing it a lot and seeing what happens.

What Stern does or doesn't do will impact GREATLY how i spend my dollars in the future.

Worst case, I'll buy it myself from Stern and chalk it up to lesson learned.

That's why I'm out on the SWLE.

#6400 6 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

That assumes STERN will have one left over...

They better.

The hundreds of replacements already done i think they will have plenty.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Z

$ 93.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 22.95
Playfield - Plastics
RGP Models

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 149.00
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burnt Cabins, PA
$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 4.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

7,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lewiston, NY
$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

6,575 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fort Wayne, IN
$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider iceman44.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hey-stern-are-you-serious?tu=iceman44 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.