Screenshot_20170821-154508 (resized).jpg
20170613_213020 (resized).jpg
20170613_213015 (resized).jpg
IMG_6111 (resized).JPG
IMAG8309 (resized).jpg
IMAG8310 (resized).jpg
IMAG8311 (resized).jpg
IMAG8312 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider guinnesstime.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#19 7 years ago

Holy shit, that'd piss me off too.

This better not happen on my Ghost(inginsert)busters.

1 week later
#749 7 years ago

Oh my God, that was hilarious.

"The Smaug toy looks like one of those grabbers people who can't reach things use."

1 month later
#1974 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

It's a bummer, its a great game, but I respect your decision and ultimately you made the right move. I sit here in limbo wondering if/when Stern might address this, and they obviously could care less about shipping something to you that they know could have defects. This isnt a $200 toy, this is a $8,000+ toy to roll the dice on.

The issue is they don't KNOW it'll have a defect. It'd take a long time to find out. It MIGHT. It might not. The owner may never notice. The owner may not care. It might be one single insert.

They're just not going to stop production due to a "maybe". Most manufacturers wouldn't ***cough****iPhone4***cough***

2 months later
#4527 7 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

This is probably a dumb question, but how come TWD hasn't had ghosting issues? Im sure the same playfield manufacturer is making their playfields also. My WD has a Feb 2016 playfield and still looks perfect after 1100 plays. It seems like GB and Spiderman VE are the games having most of the issues. Ive seen a few GOT with problems also but nowhere near aa bad as GB. I know that GB is outselling GOT and TWD right now but there have been lots of those games sold also in 2016.

Supposedly between that time and now, Stern moved the playfield manufacturing in house. Presumably, they f'd it up.

#4579 7 years ago

So if all play field issues are now resolved, why wouldn't Stern say all play field issues are now resolved?

Well, it's either...

1) Once they PUBLICLY admit a problem, they'd be on the hook for more (necessary) replacements - Right now it's a "committee" behind closed doors apparently (you need a min. 3 badly ghosting inserts to be considered for the replacement program)

or

2) They don't have a clue whether the problem is resolved

Either way, it's pretty shitty.

#4588 7 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

The website is definitely intimidating: http://www.sternarmy.com

That site needs a couple of <marquee> tags to bring it up to 1999 web compliance.

1 week later
#4720 7 years ago
Quoted from pindude80:

How can you go about confirming this? I am thinking of getting a pro, but am hesitant due to the PF issues. I would definitely feel a lot better knowing it has a Churchill PF in it.

I would wait. It's not a matter of how many plays with these. It's really time. Over time, ghosting appears and once it starts, it never reverts. It only gets worse.

#4736 7 years ago
Quoted from HighVoltage:

Here's the pic of the machine I referred to... If this is day 2, I imagine it's headed the way of that LE just posted... that one is brutal, every triangle insert...

barkley (resized).jpgbarkley (resized).jpg

#4760 7 years ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

Actually my distributor did .

Mine did too.

3 inserts minimum. Then they'll review your play field at Stern and debate your eligibility.

#4761 7 years ago
Quoted from Jdawg4422:

that's absurd.
Thats like saying you know at a 4PM there is a 20% chance of a bus coming down the road. Well if you cross the street anyway eventually you will be hit by a car. I choose to wait until there is closer to a 0% of the bus coming down the road when i want to cross the street.

Hit by a bus = instant ghosting

#4834 7 years ago

All of these problems have been Fun!

8 months later
#6187 6 years ago

I'm sorry but "Badass" and "Ultimate Spider-Man" should not be in the same sentence...

...unless the sentence is "This pin would be badass if it wasn't based on Ultimate Spider-Man."

#6197 6 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

pinside bullies are in full effect today. Badass compared to other spiderman pins out there, yes. Bad ass compared to other spiderman comics, probably not. Good thing we're playing pinball and not collecting art.

This is true. We were waiting on SMVE, but when it was announced, my kids were like "Ultimate Spider-Man? That stinks." We're just not fans. Bought the original and loved it. Eventually had to move on due to my grail Tron LE being available locally.

#6319 6 years ago

Stern could have just shortened it to two words....

IMG_4183 (resized).JPGIMG_4183 (resized).JPG

2 weeks later
#6439 6 years ago
Quoted from Monster_Bash:

Opened this guy a couple weeks ago

Crap.

Cloudy with a chance of hot dogs.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 36.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 22.95
Playfield - Plastics
RGP Models

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Elgin, OK
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 25.50
$ 6,395.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Machine - For Sale
Rockland, ON
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Alpine, CALIFORNIA
$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 149.00
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider guinnesstime.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hey-stern-are-you-serious?tu=guinnesstime and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.