Screenshot_20170821-154508 (resized).jpg
20170613_213020 (resized).jpg
20170613_213015 (resized).jpg
IMG_6111 (resized).JPG
IMAG8309 (resized).jpg
IMAG8310 (resized).jpg
IMAG8311 (resized).jpg
IMAG8312 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fosaisu.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#10 7 years ago

Have you talked to your distributor? They should be able to advocate on your behalf to Stern.

#11 7 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

Should be a shit show for a while.. Stern producing their own play fields now? I hope Churchill did the gble play fields

Has it been confirmed that Stern is making the Spiderman VE playfields in-house? I would have thought those were contracted out since Stern is supposedly still getting its playfield production capacity up and running.

#331 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinbally_1968:

It is sad but a reality - companies cover themselves in small fonts, - terms and conditions, warranties and such.

Tom Waits said it best: "the large print giveth, and the small print taketh away."

#723 7 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

If I turn on my games, it's to play pinball, not to look for flaws. Same with my girlfriends.

You turn your girlfriends on to play pinball?

1 month later
#1681 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Ribbed, for your pleasure.

Quoted from Dewey68:

O-din, you're wearing it inside out!

A classic rookie mistake.

#1719 7 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

Well I contacted Stern and emailed them the pictures. See what they will say.
Another problem is that the speaker in the cabinet is not working, just addressed that as well.
For the rest it is a great machine, the shots are great, the clips are great, no questioning that.
It is a lot of money and it will get fixed, as long as you are healthy everything can be fixed especially a toy.
So i just going to enjoy my GB LE with the zen garden layout on the play field.......and feel fine. See what Stern will come up with.

Are you in Europe? If so sounds like you should contact your distributor directly if Stern doesn't respond favorably. With the consumer protection laws at work in the EU it sounds like they'll have to take the machine back. You're paying a significant premium over US prices for a reason, might as well make use of the protections you're buying when you pay up!

3 weeks later
#3415 7 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Odin brother you sound like Billy Mitchell right there.

o-din, I think your next avatar has just presented itself ...

1 month later
#4312 7 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

To be fair. I doubt 95%+ of operators even care about a couple of ghosting inserts and will likely not take part in the program. This is probably more driven and utilized by the home collector.

I wonder -- I assume plenty of ops now factor in resale of the game down the line, so they'd have to weigh the cost of benching the game for a month or two now vs. potential to get more in resale when they move it along in a few years. Plus the benefit of six months of "free" wear and tear on the original playfield before they do the swap, of course. But as you say, likely not worth the hassle for many ops.

4 months later
#5641 7 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I have monies in my hands...can I buy a machine now from any of those companies for under 6k?

I realize it's not under $6k, but looks like Full Throttle is $6,300 and Alien is $6,450. So Heighway is still ~$1k above Stern street prices, but not terribly far off from your target.

1 month later
#5978 7 years ago
Quoted from Maken:

13% tax on full value after conversion to CAD from USD.

How do they determine "full value"? Internet search? That could be a bit of a crap shoot I imagine.

2 months later
#6043 6 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

And dimples? I know they are normal but just would like to know. My GB had a lot of dimples after few plays.

Tons of 'em on the location SW near me (which is of course getting serious plays). I think that's par for the course with Sterns at least (if not all pins, haven't looked closely at JJPs during early route life). Good for me to see that so I don't start crying when mine dimples up after a few games.

#6046 6 years ago
Quoted from capguntrooper:

My buddies Kiss machine, he got it used, but still SMH.

It came from the factory looking like that?!? Almost unbelievable.

#6048 6 years ago
Quoted from capguntrooper:

Not sure as he is second owner. A game two years old should NEVER do that.

Just did a little pinside research and they were evidently shipping 'em like that. Incredible. Glad they've stepped up the Q/A a bit over the past few years!
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/unhappy-with-my-kiss-decals

#6076 6 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

Doublemint, Doublemint Gum

No offense to the Iceman, but him on a (daydrunk?) roll x2 ≠ wholesomely foxy twins bearing refreshing candy.

This might be more on point:

fat twins (resized).jpgfat twins (resized).jpg

#6082 6 years ago
Quoted from Midway-Man:

While we were talking on the phone I looked at my game and noticed ghosting on the "super jackpot" insert.(After only 1 evening) He was upset and apologized again. He told me to take photos and send them to him. So I did. The ghosting is getting worse from day to day. Meanwhile there are 7 inserts total wich have ghosting

Sorry to hear this!

When was your playfield made (I think there's supposed to be a date stamp on the playfield?)

Also, don't you have strong consumer protections in the EU that allow you to return the machine to your distrulibutor in cases like this? Hopefully bringing that up would get you some prompt action on a replacement populated playfield!

1 month later
#6524 6 years ago
Quoted from JoeyItaliano:

True they did make the first run but Planetary Pinball was not happy with the time it took them to make it so they asked Chicago Gaming to take over, At that point Stern responded by terminating there agreement with Chicago and all these problems are the result.

Is this documented somewhere?

CGC was the licensee for both MMR and ATMR from day one, so they weren't "brought in" by PPS. Technically CGC hired Stern to do the MMR assembly (using CGC-provided parts) once it became clear that CGC couldn't get its production line up and running in time to do MMR. As I understood it CGC's trouble getting parts to Stern on time was at least partially responsible for the delays in getting MMRs out, though some might have been on Stern's end as well.

All of this was confusing because Rick was the public spokesman for the MMR project, which made the roles unclear. Seems CGC figured out with ATMR that communicating directly is the way to go. And by all accounts CGC's build quality is very good.

But are you saying that CGC no longer makes playfields and cabinets for Stern as a result of the MMR experience? Haven't seen that anywhere else. I thought the story was that Stern moved those elements in-house as part of its move to the new, large production facility?

#6527 6 years ago
Quoted from JoeyItaliano:

That would explain the quality issues at Stern lately

What would? The new facility? Or rumored shift to in-house production of playfields and cabinets (to be clear, I don't know that to be true just saw it repeated here as a rumor/theory)?

#6529 6 years ago

I know CGC is planning to do future MMR runs in-house, but have they actually made any yet? Will be interesting to see what the differences are.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 9.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.95
Lighting - Other
The MOD Couple

$ 3,899.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

$ 169.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

Machine - For Sale
Rockland, ON
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 16.00
Lighting - Other
Slap Save Creations

$ 599.95
Cabinet - Toppers
Hi-Rez Pinball Mods

7,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

7,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fosaisu.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hey-stern-are-you-serious?tu=fosaisu and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.