Screenshot_20170821-154508 (resized).jpg
20170613_213020 (resized).jpg
20170613_213015 (resized).jpg
IMG_6111 (resized).JPG
IMAG8309 (resized).jpg
IMAG8310 (resized).jpg
IMAG8311 (resized).jpg
IMAG8312 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider extremepinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5084 7 years ago
Quoted from tacshose:

Between the QC, the code, the pile of mods needed to protect GB, man is GB a cluster f**k.

Don't forget to mention the ghosting of the playfields. Turns out both my pro & my LE are ghosting and getting worse with each day.

#5093 7 years ago
Quoted from Bing_Party:

Anyone have a solution for those switches? They suck.

Amazing goop.... on everything.

#5095 7 years ago
Quoted from Bing_Party:

I love goop. But if I put goop by where it connects (fork) it will still work? I just figured it needs to have be loose like it is.

Oh, so you're saying the metal tab is coming off of the switch, if so, you're best course of action is to just replace the micro switch.

1 week later
#5109 7 years ago
Quoted from Wakky:

Agree 100% these are designed to make money on commercial locationd.. home owners expect too much and are picky

Wrong answer. As an operator, a collector, and a technician, these are most certainly NOT designed to make money on location. If they were, they wouldn't break every couple of weeks.

They are designed for one reason, and only one reason.... to make money for the manufacturer.

#5157 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

I am considering taking the legal route at this point. I would want to this to help all people affected by this, as it seems no one with a GBLE has had Stern make this right with them.

You can count me in on the class action suit.

#5171 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Are you going to be buying anymore Stern pins for route? Seems to me they ought be taking care of a guy that buys as many pins as you do right away.
They should be taking care of everybody.
Seems like just another failure to communicate. I don't get it.

There is nearly no chance that I would buy another pin for the route. I'm slowly getting myself out of the nearly daily business of repairing Stern factory junk. I've already liquidated 5 pins at Captain's auction last month, and I have a few more slated to go out this month as well.

I operate a lot of arcade video games (no ticket redemption). Many of these games can earn upwards of $2,000 per week or more, with absolutely no problems, failures or repairs needed for years. Yes, YEARS!!!! My Typhoon motion ride has generated more than $190,000 in gross revenue in just over 3 years. Total repairs were 1 broken button (external physical damage), two broken seat handles (external physical damage), and two broken strut support plates (the only real failure of the machine).

Jurassic Park Arcade grossed more than $73,000 in 18 months. The only repair to date was an adjustment of the gun assemblies (no parts needed).... and strangely enough, they all came from the factory with completed code.

#5172 7 years ago
Quoted from Wakky:

More hot air that wont amount to anything. ...sounds tough to say on a forum

Apparently, it only sounds tough to you. Perhaps some self-introspection and extensive psychological therapy could help you with that.

#5268 7 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

But but but.......I thought JJP machines were much higher quality? Now I'm really confused! Unbelievable!!!

Do you understand the difference between a single "test" machine with a single issue, and a "final product" that continues to be shipped to customers in mass quantities, with KNOWN design flaws and defects, as well as an unfinished and bugged computer code?

If so, you may be wise to hold off on comments regarding JJP quality until the "final product" has shipped. Unlike another major pinball company who expects the final user to also double as the beta tester.

Don't get me wrong, I've suffered my fair share of JJP failures, and plenty of them. Just today I had to pull the driver board out of a WOZECLE and replace a 540IRL transistor that shorted, which of course subsequently fried the trough VUK solenoid.

It has also been my experience that JJP playfield build & clear quality is no where near the high quality of Stern's..... until recently, of course. The playfield on my WOZ RRLE is pretty much destroyed after only 11,000 plays. Looks just like the pictures of @iceman44. Mine is even worse around the 4 pop bumpers. While the playfields on my Iron Man VE at 24,000 plays, and my AC/DC Pro at 16,100 plays, always polish up like new when they get cleaned & waxed.

No comparison..... until recently, of course.

#5398 7 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

some people are making it out for others to believe 95% of sterns pinballs are going to do the same when in fact its probably closer to 1-2%.

Hmmm. So based on your estimation, they really only need to replace 5-10 GBLE playfields. Wow, do I feel lucky to be one of those few 1-2%. And to think that it may only take them a year or so to build and ship 5-10 replacement playfields for their highest tier customers. Sorry, that's not just a communication flaw. The FACT that KPG's playfield is as defective and damaged as it is, and the FACT that Stern has failed to correct this, this one playfield, in a timely manner, leads many of us to the conclusion that Stern doesn't care.

Excuses are like assholes.... everybody has one and they all stink.

1 month later
#5905 7 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

But honestly, it comes down to trust with Stern.

Then it may be best that you no longer trust Stern with your money. Keep it, or spend it elsewhere as I have.

I simply won't buy another NIB now. Stern has the opportunity, over the next year or so, to EARN my trust back. But continued QC problems with BM66, & continued QC problems with AS would suggest they can't.

2 months later
#6007 6 years ago
Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

I'm hoping this isn't signs of things to come. I waited this long to purchase because I thought the issues were resolved. Unfortunately, my build date is July 2016 and I just got it last week.

Well, to be accurate, they are actually signs of things that are, have been, and may continue to be. The lack of QC & various factory defect issues may, or may not, have been resolved. Either way, you were unlucky enough to receive one of the defective NOS games. Purchasing a NIB Stern today is literally a gamble.

The sign of things to come will be an envelope with a cheap bristle brush and a small tube of liquid clear coat from Stern.

Alternatively, you could do what another happy-go-lucky NIB Stern purchaser did and spend dozens of hours, probably more than a thousand dollars over a period of at least 3 months by removing and depopulating the playfield, sending it out for professional restoration, then repopulating the playfield and reinstalling it with the hopes that it all works out in the end.

Best of luck either way.

#6015 6 years ago
Quoted from megalo17:

I'm guessing the playfield replacement program only applies to original owners? Can someone verify?

There is absolutely NO officially documented playfield replacement program to speak of. Playfields are currently getting replaced based on "fill in the blank".

Therefore, your guess is, no more, and, no less accurate than anybody else's.

1 month later
#6049 6 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Glad they've stepped up the Q/A a bit over the past few years!

LOL!!!!!! That's good comedy right there!!!!

1 month later
#6506 6 years ago
Quoted from sohchx:

Just happened upon this thread. I bought a NIB Met Pro today. I didn't read every single page of this thread but from what I HAVE read, I may be destined for disappointment when this thing arrives?? My excitement just got flushed down the shitter If I have all that I have seen here in store for me.

First, Don't Panic. Metallica is an awesome pin with no significant issues. You'll probably be just fine.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy
Other
$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider extremepinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hey-stern-are-you-serious?tu=extremepinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.